Eventide SP2016 Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:18 pm Isn't the difference that the previous plug in was the Stereo Room algo only and the new one is 6 algos?
Even with the original Room algo set in both plug ins to the same parameters reveal a slight difference in sound. I could also see differences on the Flux Analyzer in the top highs.
While the decay in the old 2160 Room plug in goes to 30 sec., the SP2016 Reverb offers up to 100 sec.
The SP2016 Reverb sounds beautiful IMO.

pekbro wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:51 pm Another great reverb from Eventide imho. It seems quite a bit more efficient than the new
Goodhertz Megaverb, as I compare the two.
The Goodhertz reverb was a quick comparison I made also, that gritty early digital kind of sound. I kinda dig it, sounds good with the techno synth stabs and things that I like to use. I haven't really had a chance to dig too much into either of them, but I do like the additional colors they provide.

dangayle wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:18 am
The Goodhertz reverb was a quick comparison I made also, that gritty early digital kind of sound. I kinda dig it, sounds good with the techno synth stabs and things that I like to use. I haven't really had a chance to dig too much into either of them, but I do like the additional colors they provide.
I like it as well, I suspect it's gonna cost more than $29 :D To be fair, the Ghz verb has a lot
more stuff going on towards cpu useage. Just sayin, for those who haven't tried the beta.

Eventide SP2016 Reverb sounds great to me and I love the GUI, very easy to use.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 pm Notice also the SP2016 Mix is set to 100% yet the tick mark doesn't fall on top of the slider or even at the line in the middle. Makes it kind of hard to visually select exact values.
Maybe I fail to understand what you mean, but values are shown on the big red display and in the videos I saw they are also displayed at the bottom of each function. Didn't try the demo yet.

Rockatansky wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 pm
HM wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 pmI just klicked on the banner on the front page:
Yeah, I know, that's what I did, I'm not totally daft (believe it or not). :lol:
Just takes me to the product page without any purchase link or buy button whatsoever.
No matter if I'm logged in or not.

Oh well, if they're gonna make it that hard for me, they can just keep it.
if you have an adblocker, try to disable it for the eventide homepage. i had the same problem and after i disabled adblockplus suddenly some buttons apeared after reloading the page and i could buy it.

ATS wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:43 am Eventide SP2016 Reverb sounds great to me and I love the GUI, very easy to use.
Yep, the GUI's great. No need for offset perspective for sliders though — straight on 3D would be been better.
The sound is very artificial, but interesting, which I think would work well as a creative effect.

Compared with 2CAudio Breeze2 it‘s a bit one-dimensional...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 pm Compared with 2CAudio Breeze2 it‘s a bit one-dimensional...
As db3 said, it’s definitely more artificial sounding. A bit metallic, given some settings. More of a character reverb, it seems to me.

I remember demoing the original 2016 Stereo Room plugin years ago and being impressed with how easy it was to create unobtrusive space around all sorts of sound sources in a very pleasing way, especially with synths which not all reverbs flatter. The new Stereo Room algorithm sounds even better and I like how unabashedly vintage digital it is. I couldn't justify the cost back then, but at this introductory price it seems pretty reasonable. The iLok demo activation went smoothly without issue and the CPU usage is minimal.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 pm
dangayle wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:08 pm I kinda like the GUI, the full retro look to it. It's a lot better than their other 2016 plugin.
Like I said oddly amateurish for a big name like Eventide (so is their Room 2016 but it's much older). Look at the comparison to the free Oril River:

Reverbs.png

Notice also the SP2016 Mix is set to 100% yet the tick mark doesn't fall on top of the slider or even at the line in the middle. Makes it kind of hard to visually select exact values. The Bypass and Program buttons look like they fell right out of knobman.

It's not something that would keep me from buying it since the sound is good. I just find it surprising a player like Eventide doesn't have a stronger GUI game....... :shrug:
Maybe you need some glasses. The sliders are aligned perfectly with those white markers. You can clearly see the 100% marker is lined up with the centre of the slider.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 pm Compared with 2CAudio Breeze2 it‘s a bit one-dimensional...
One-dimensional isn't a very adequate term in this case, since creating the illusion of position in space is one big strength of the SP2016.
But yes, it's not the most natural sounding reverb for sure, rather a character-reverb... :-)

The good thing with reverbs is that one can't have enough and Breeze2 is great for sure...

Arrested Developer wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:43 pm The good thing with reverbs is that one can't have enough
Indeed. It's also the bad thing about reverbs. You buy many more than you need. :cry:

Exactly ... I demo'd this ( 29 days left) ... love the sound but I have so many verbs I can't justify it even though it is priced very competitively.

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:12 am Exactly ... I demo'd this ( 29 days left) ... love the sound but I have so many verbs I can't justify it even though it is priced very competitively.
Remember you might be able to sell it later for what you paid or more including the iLok fee! Sorry to add to your GAS. :phones:

Return to “Effects”