Mulab Pitch Bend

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I'm wondering how I can do an octave long pitch bend using mulab, I feel like I'm missing an easy way to do it

Note that pitch bend is a relative MIDI message, it goes from -100% to +100% and so it depends on the receiving plugin module how many pitch cents that will mean. (an octave is 1200 cents) Are you purely using MUX or are you speaking about VSTs?

This is purely using Mux, I guess what I'm asking is how to change the %'s because I can only get +- 100%

In the oscillator you have a PB (=Pitch Bend) Range control that you can set from -24 to + 24 semitones. So if it's set to 12 then upon receiving a max (=100%) pitch bend message the osc will be bended 1 octave up.

Why can't one select the PitchBend automation parameter underneath the piano roll in the editor and simply draw in pitch bends with the mouse?
I was wondering that when my hardware pitch bender ceased to work properly :P

You can do that.

Really? :) Haven't figured out how, yet. It doesn't seem to accept any of my mouse actions, whether single or double click or whatever...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:05 pm Really? :) Haven't figured out how, yet. It doesn't seem to accept any of my mouse actions, whether single or double click or whatever...
bottom of the piano select pitch bend and double click hold and drag simple

That doesn't seem to work. I only see a rectangular selection as long as I keep the mouse button pressed and drag the mouse, but when I release the mouse button, nothing has changed.

PS: After many tries I managed to draw in one line now.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:51 pm That doesn't seem to work. I only see a rectangular selection as long as I keep the mouse button pressed and drag the mouse, but when I release the mouse button, nothing has changed.

PS: After many tries I managed to draw in one line now.
Glad you got working :tu:

Thanks for the responses
I can't seem to find the pitch bend range controller anywhere? Where exactly is it?

In the very oscillator and sampler editors. If the parameter is not on the front panel of a specific MUX patch, then you need to go into the deep modular editor to open the specific editor. There you'll find the "PB Range" parameter.

Return to “MUTOOLS”