Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sugo wrote:Presonus for Reselling Studio One:

Whether you want to freely give away or sell your copy of Studio One, the EULA (End User License Agreement) allows for the permanent transfer of your license to another person. To do this, you need only complete the PDF form available below and email it to s1transfer@presonus.com . Please read the following stipulations regarding license transfer before completing the form:

- License Transfer requests will be processed in 5 business days of the request being received, and both the original owner and new owner will receive verification of the transfer via email.
- The new owner must have a registered and activated user account for the transfer to take place.
- License transfer is permanent, and cannot be undone.
- You are legally required to remove any installation of, as well as any installers, your computers after transferring your license.
- It is not possible to transfer a license that has been used as part of an upgrade to another license. This includes, but is not limited to:
Pro Version 1 after upgrading to Version 2
Artist after upgrading to any other version
NFR (Not For Resale) Licenses can not be transferred

There are license transfer fees involved now. From Presonus' website:

The Transfer Fees for PreSonus Software are as follows:

StudioOne : $25.00 US
StudioOne Add-Ons : $5.00 US/ea
Progression : $10.00 US
Notion : $10.00 US
Notion/Progression Add-Ons : $5.00 US/ea

A question: I bought the P&P VIP bundle from dontcrack.com (back it 2013). Can I sell it? What is the procudure?

Thanks.

I have contacted Soundspot and support has allowed license transfer. Their reply is as follows:
Hi there.

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this matter.

I am more than happy to assist you, and I am happy to tell you that it is possible to sell on your Software/licenses. In order to do this we would need your Plugin Boutique purchase receipts, your Email address, the new owner Email address and the details of which plugins you have sold. Once we have this information, we can then instruct Plugin Boutique to remove the related installers from your account.

Hope you find this helpful, and please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions.
Although I bought the plugins on Plugin Boutique (instructions are for Plugin Boutique purchases), the license transfer policy should work on their official store as well.

P.S. I could not search at this time. Sorry.

Does anyone know if AKAI MPC 2.0 software can be transferred and if so how ?

Question about iZotope transfers:

If I bought a product second-hand via a license transfer, am I allowed to sell that license?

Transfer fees are BS:/

fxpansion protection and resale policy
(tldr: no ilok. $50 per item resale fee)

from the fxpansion website:

What kind of copy protection scheme is used?
This product features a challenge-response authorization system with three installs allowed on your own machines simultaneously.
You do NOT need to have an internet connection on the computers on which it is installed.
Until the product is authorized, it runs in demo mode.
We have tried very hard to make the authorization procedure as pain-free as possible. Please understand that it is necessary for safeguarding your investment in future development and user support.
Our products do not use iLok or any other unified protection scheme. We do not believe in such systems' security and would rather not pass on their costs to our customers.

Can I use it on both my laptop and main machine?
Yes - you can install on up to 3 machines as long as only 1 is running it at any one time. Site / volume licensing is also available (POA - please contact us for details).

Do you allow license transfers?
Yes, however:
If you're the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you're the prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.
There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.
Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.
We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.
Once a transfer is authorised and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.

RandomComposer wrote:Question about iZotope transfers:

If I bought a product second-hand via a license transfer, am I allowed to sell that license?
https://www.izotope.com/en/support/know ... olicy.html

Seems there is no such restriction. The page says you cannot sell a product that YOU have sold, not a product that have been sold.

I searched does acoustica mixcraft allow transferring licenses?
edit: emailed support transferring licenses is a no go support was very fast btw.
Last edited by ScottZ on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone ever transferred an Overtone DSP product?

I can only find the below from the license agreement.
Transfer of the Software to a third party must include all component parts, media and this license agreement. Upon transfer of the Software, you may not retain any copies of the Software, including supplied documentation, configuration, or executable (binary) files that comprise the Software, and your license to use the Software under this agreement will be terminated.
This license must not be re-distributed in whole or in part, except for the purposes of transfer of the Software to a third party as set out above.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I did a license transfer of an Overtone DSP product. I emailed them to confirm. You just have to give the software and your license to the new owner and agree to delete and never use the software on your machine again unless you buy a new license. So they trust you to do this, you should do it. I did. I sold the reverb (which is great by the way, but I have a lot of reverbs) and I deleted it off my system completely. :phones:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Anyone ever transferred an Overtone DSP product?

I can only find the below from the license agreement.
Transfer of the Software to a third party must include all component parts, media and this license agreement. Upon transfer of the Software, you may not retain any copies of the Software, including supplied documentation, configuration, or executable (binary) files that comprise the Software, and your license to use the Software under this agreement will be terminated.
This license must not be re-distributed in whole or in part, except for the purposes of transfer of the Software to a third party as set out above.

db3 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:01 pm Indeed, very disappointed to learn this today. Plugin Boutique are the first soft synth developer I've found to turn down a licence transfer request. Annoyingly I'm also having issues using their product.
Does this also apply to unactivated serials?

(More generally, does selling an unactivated serial require license transfer, or does the license only get bound to you when you activate / authenticate the serial?...)
Last edited by Ou_Tis on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Am I able to transfer Plugin Alliance licenses without activating it?
Trance, Trance Is Life

hhuang9611 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 am Am I able to transfer Plugin Alliance licenses without activating it?
Yes. I’ve had some of their plugins in my account without activating them and was able to transfer them just fine. It happened after I impulse purchased some used plugins and decided not to keep them.

Thank you very much for the info! :tu:
masterhiggins wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 am
hhuang9611 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 am Am I able to transfer Plugin Alliance licenses without activating it?
Yes. I’ve had some of their plugins in my account without activating them and was able to transfer them just fine. It happened after I impulse purchased some used plugins and decided not to keep them.
Trance, Trance Is Life

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”