Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

I've demo'd this a few times now and I'm really impressed with it. I've owned 5 Virus' and this is probably the closest you'll get in a plugin. I never really liked Spire, there's something very 'always on' about the way it sounds and I never really thought it was any kind of Virus replacement despite claims that it was.

I thought I'd given up creating classic trance banks, but I think Viper has made me thing again. Shame all the guys I work with use OSX! :dog:

chk071 wrote:You can also download them here, i think: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/viper- ... /downloads
thanks - I didn't find the Viper space hence used the generic instead.

Patches copied there too.

It'd be great to build up a collection for Viper :)

The only new feature I would possibly request is a larger (or even resizeable) GUI (which in itself looks great to me). Or some sizes to choose from.

[Sorry if this has been asked before.]

Great synth!

Hi Adam. I have been aware of a few bugs for a while but I've not been entirely sure how to show some of them since the bug happens at random and I don't know what triggers it. I've tried to record a video with audio but when I do that, ironically the bug refuses to appear :roll: I will PM you the link to the patch. It's basically a supersaw and the bug is at random times (usually when you press play in FL Studio or when a pattern has finished playing and returns back to the beginning), I hear a big click sound. If you tweak the phase knob in Viper while playing the supersaw, you will hear the same exact sound that the bug is causing at random.

I have also noticed that the arp sometimes (also at random so it's unpredictable) goes nuts and keeps playing despite me hitting stop. In FL Studio 12 I had to reload Viper to make it stop. In FL Studio 20, I can make it stop by pressing many keys on my midi keyboards very fast and then it stops.

Another thing I have noticed is if I switch waveforms in osc 3 while Viper is playing something in the piano roll, doing it a few times will cause Viper to crash:

/Eyezer
Last edited by eyezermusic on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ok thanks for the infos. Regarding the click sound, when you have Unison, and turn the phase knob you are forcing the oscillators to reset and they start at the same position on each key press, thats why you hear the click sound. At least that the only thing I am hearing that can be defined as a click
Last edited by adamszabo on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

No worries.
P.S happens in Ableton as well so not just FL Studio.
adamtrance wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:14 pm Ok thanks for the infos. Regarding the click sound, when you have Unison, and turn the phase knob you are forcing the oscillators to reset and they start at the same position on each key press, thats why you hear the click sound. At least that the only thing I am hearing that can be defined as a click
The issue is unless I misunderstand you is I never touched the phase knob in the patch. It plays anyways after a while and at random. I managed to make it appear:
https://imgur.com/a/NDGWm78
You can see the 2 long lines there, those came out of nowhere and the phase knob is turned off. You can listen to it here: https://www44.zippyshare.com/v/8VXgTRo1/file.html

I was going to buy this after demo-ing it in Presonus Studio One. Then I also tried it in the Presonus music notation program Notion, which I mainly use. It didn't work there. It didn't crash or output any error message but it didn't generate any sound and shut down sound from other loaded instruments too.

I'm sure it's minority interest, but just thought I'd let you know.

Is there any chance of a patch converter? And what features are yet to be emulated yet?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I dont know if there will ever be a converter. I will surely not have time to make one and dont even know how to begin on it. Even though Viper and Virus are close, they are still two different synths, its like asking to convert Sylenth1 patches into Serum.

I plan to add wavetable oscillator, and emulate more of the effect section, and then I will start adding my own ideas and new features. But they are planned in the future, I have to finish some quality of life things like resizeable gui, faster preset loading, less bugs etc, those are more important.

When will you update JP6K Adam?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I will have one more update on Viper, and then I will take care of the 64 bit JP6K.

adamtrance wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 am ... I have to finish some quality of life things like resizeable gui, faster preset loading, less bugs etc, those are more important.
Great! :tu:

adamtrance wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 am I dont know if there will ever be a converter. I will surely not have time to make one and dont even know how to begin on it. Even though Viper and Virus are close, they are still two different synths, its like asking to convert Sylenth1 patches into Serum.

I plan to add wavetable oscillator, and emulate more of the effect section, and then I will start adding my own ideas and new features. But they are planned in the future, I have to finish some quality of life things like resizeable gui, faster preset loading, less bugs etc, those are more important.
I agree!! as-is, Viper is already a stellar synth; so more features aren't even necessarily, well, necessary! I do agree that eliminating bugs and working on the longevity is more important firstly :)

Viper is a great synth and adam is great coder. This synth is very good adam.

I still love this synth. Nothing sounds quite like it. I wish there were more presets out there to buy though.

Return to “Instruments”