RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 am You know that RAPID has 8 layers? :neutral: Imagine each layer is a unison voice so you can give your unison voice everything you want...
Lush-101 has 8 layers too :neutral:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Thanks sampleconstruct and delta. I didn't know about that. i will have to explore those soon. :hyper:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 am You can do cutoff spread (or any parameter spread) in Falcon and HALion.
Delta Sign wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:37 am And Diva, ACE and Bazille.
You know that RAPID has 8 layers? :neutral: Imagine each layer is a unison voice so you can give your unison voice everything you want...
:?: Falcon/HALion can have as many layers as your CPU can handle so what's the point?

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 am You can do cutoff spread (or any parameter spread) in Falcon and HALion.
You know that RAPID has 8 layers? :neutral: Imagine each layer is a unison voice so you can give your unison voice everything you want...
:?: Falcon/HALion can have as many layers as your CPU can handle so what's the point?
I think this function is not that important. It is like "why can Rapid only have 8 unison voices? Serum can go up to 16..." - "because it is pointles. You can get the same sound with 8 or less voices. And if you really really really need more... than just use the second osc."

Result: no! Individual functions per unison voices is not planed because glitch fx, mb saturator, reverse delay, tonal delay, osc to osc fm and a lot of other stuff, which comes with the next free updates, seems to be more cool and useful in our opinion. ;-)

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am osc to osc fm ... which comes with the next free updates

Frankly I don't like how certain synths (Dune2 for example) have global unison and layers mixed up, I find it tedious to program. If you can copy/paste oscs, filters etc between layers and have global controls which may be linked to all layers (i think Rapid now has all that) you can treat layers as inidvidual unison voices which you can finetune as you like and IMO this is actually more flexible and easier to handle than adjusting individual unison voices within one oscillator.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 am
I think this function is not that important. It is like "why can Rapid only have 8 unison voices? Serum can go up to 16..." - "because it is pointles. You can get the same sound with 8 or less voices. And if you really really really need more... than just use the second osc."

Result: no! Individual functions per unison voices is not planed because glitch fx, mb saturator, reverse delay, tonal delay, osc to osc fm and a lot of other stuff, which comes with the next free updates, seems to be more cool and useful in our opinion. ;-)
a w e s o m e !

Geodesic Frequencies is now out in the wild :)

It contains 128 patches with over 350 layers in total, with 100MB of unique multisamples and wavetables. All patches are assigned Modulation Wheel, macros, and velocity settings. I put a lot of effort into making sure its sounds as dynamic and lively as possible when playing on a midi keyboard.

You can follow my new thread here if you like.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:11 am What do you think of a unison cutoff spread like in lush 101. [...] the cutoff is being spread differently from among the voices.
To clarify things -
Rapid's unison is per oscillator, not per layer. So you can't really control a filter cutoff spread, because the filter is applied after summation of unison voices. But as mentioned by others, there are various methods to achieve the same sound.

Now, what I could imagine is an additional source parameter that changes its modulation value dependent on the voice (notes) distribution. For example, playing a CMajor chord, the source values would spread like

C = 0.0
E = 0.5
G = 1.0

Now you could use it to modulate the cutoff. Low notes are filtered, while high notes are completely open. Similar to keyfollow, but dependent on your overall notes played.

Interesting. Might add this. If anyone has similar ideas, for modulation sources that are embedded and note dependent. Like Flip Flop, Is Released, or 1/3 Step.
I Will hear them out. I know they can be obscure, but at the same time they are relatively easy to implement and can open a lot of new possibilities.

Yes. I was thinking about how Rapid is different and that it has unison per oscillator. Which is amazing. How I wish other synths were the same (Diversion). It might make more sense at a global level on the main mixing page somewhere to control the cutoff spread in the unison from all the oscillators from each of the layers. It wouldn't make sense for each osc's unison to have its own cutoff spread. Alas, wishful thinking :)

What occurred to me elsewhere is how the random parameter in the oscillator window for waves and wavetables is sort of behaving almost like grains when I load up vocal phrase. Playing really fast notes changes its positions in a way sort of reminiscent of grains (kind of hard to describe). Would be cool if somehow an lfo can be added to the random feature so that it triggers different areas of the sample. Or simpler, a morph slider like how wavetables have, which can simply be assigned an lfo.

Both of these ideas are cool, but honestly secondary to a few of the things you guys are already working on, so keep that up first by all means. I'm quite excited on the prospect of using fm between osc's. That would be great!

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm Image

Nice. Instant buy :wink:

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm Image

It contains 128 patches with over 350 layers in total, with 100MB of unique multisamples and wavetables. All patches are assigned Modulation Wheel, macros, and velocity settings. I put a lot of effort into making sure its sounds as dynamic and lively as possible when playing on a midi keyboard.

I can't really comment on the patches themselves, not my genre, but unlike many other sound designers you surely deserve the asking price, given the amount of effort you have put into that set, also into the multimedia content on your site :tu:

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm

bought! Cool stuff and great for Psy Trance. ;-)

user manual.jpg
Finally, the RAPID User Manual as PDF !

From now on you can get and access it here https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_guide

Shoutout to Benjamin Beggs, who immensely helped with the creation.
It was a pleasure to work with you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

parawave wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 pm user manual.jpg

Finally, the RAPID User Manual as PDF !

From now on you can get and access it here https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_guide

Shoutout to Benjamin Beggs, who immensely helped with the creation.
It was a pleasure to work with you.
Thank you! :hug: :party:

Awesome!!! I was looking hard for this the other day. Glad to see it is out. It looks very well done too - over 100 pages! Kudos to Ben for his help.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”