Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

pekbro wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:20 pm Of course, each parameter is data that needs to be addressed by the host at all times. Thats how
it works. With BYOME, its done dynamically and internally eliminating a huge amount of overhead.
Interesting. In that case I get it, though many plugins that have huge amounts of parameters that are all automate-able have a very tiny CPU hit (i.e. big layered synths with tons of parameters like Icarus).
Last edited by PointReyes on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that there are literally too many automatable parameters in this plugin for this to be achievable in the VST framework.

Zebra2 is the same for memory, I'm sure there are a few more out there.

So yea the Macro system makes sense to me, although I agree that 8 Macros is not enough...
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Terrafractyl wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 pm I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that there are literally too many automatable parameters in this plugin for this to be achievable in the VST framework.

So yea the Macro system makes sense to me, although I agree that 8 Macros is not enough...
OK, that makes total sense to me. But definitely not enough Macros, agreed.

PointReyes wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 pm ..........However, not being able to automate individual parameters is a gigantic deal for anyone who wants to do even basic creative mixing with the plugin.
Each of the 8 micros can control multiple parameters by automation as seen in Steve's video.
(Not to mention LFO controllers etc...)
This means MANY more then just 8 parameters can be automated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ExE9br1Zg
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:46 pm

Each of the 8 micros can control multiple parameters by automation as seen in Steve's video.
(Not to mention LFO controllers etc...)
This means MANY more then just 8 parameters can be automated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ExE9br1Zg
I know, yeah, but not more than 8 individually for individual unique automation. I understand that some of you might not need more than 8, but I do. But there's no point in going on about it because it is the way it is, and I'll make do as one often needs to in life. :)

Update: I've received a reply from Plugin Alliance:
Thanks for contacting us with interest in the new BYOME, within the next two weeks we will be releasing this Plugin for purchasing and with that will come a dedicated email with the intro price for the BYOME.

PointReyes wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 pm Amazing multi-FX plugin -- creativity-wise it kills everything else (like Movement -- most of Output's stuff struggles hugely in the GUI department for me, including Movement) like it, and it's truly great sonically.

However, not being able to automate individual parameters is a gigantic deal for anyone who wants to do even basic creative mixing with the plugin. There must be a way to make it so the parameters stick with wherever you place each module, because this is a deal killer for me. Some may not want this -- that's totally fine, but every plugin I own has automation for pretty much every parameter, for a very good and basic reason. Again, it's a really major deal for a creative plugin like this.
I really hope Plugin Alliance keeped this in mind as they elaborated the final price... This exact lack of automation possibilities will be a total deal breaker if the price is too big.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 pm Didn't they say release sometime this month?
Plugin Alliance wrote:Price & Sales Start
Sales will start in just a few days, before your demo will run out. Download your 14-day fully functional trial now. We'll announce the pricing in a few days.
:)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:28 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 pm Didn't they say release sometime this month?
Plugin Alliance wrote:Price & Sales Start
Sales will start in just a few days, before your demo will run out. Download your 14-day fully functional trial now. We'll announce the pricing in a few days.
:)
Thanks for contacting us with interest in the new BYOME, within the next two weeks we will be releasing this Plugin for purchasing and with that will come a dedicated email with the intro price for the BYOME.
This is what I was told today when I contacted PA.

What a weird release...love the plugin though

exmatproton wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:57 am What a weird release...love the plugin though
I agree with both points.

Starting to lose interest... hopefully it will come back if and when they decide on price(s).

I still think there should be an extra-good deal for people with all the other PA/UA (yes, all... 1s, 2s, amateur/pro, etc.).

They balked in silence at people hoping for an inter-brand deal on the AB thing (made no difference to me personally on that one)... hoping in-brand will be different.

Still not demoing until there's a price... I'll just skip that and buy if the (my) intro deal is really good (pushing four times heavy-hitter status at nearly 80 of their plug-ins).

Oh, yeah... please let us stack the monthly and survey vouchers too, please.

Thanks! (wrapping this up with genuine niceness... OK, back to lurking)
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

PointReyes wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 pm
Terrafractyl wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 pm I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that there are literally too many automatable parameters in this plugin for this to be achievable in the VST framework.

OK, that makes total sense to me. But definitely not enough Macros, agreed.
Why limit to 8 Macros? Such a frustrating waste of possibilities. D16 Group (Sigmund/LuSH-101) and FXpansion (Geist) allow you 128 host automation assignments to their plugins. Just select a plugin parameter then assign that parameter to 1 of the 128 parameter numbers within that plugin. Sounds like a perfect solution for BYOME.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

antithesist wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 amStill not demoing until there's a price... I'll just skip that and buy if the (my) intro deal is really good (pushing four times heavy-hitter status at nearly 80 of their plug-ins).
What if they offer a special price to those that demoed it pre-release?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 pm
antithesist wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 amStill not demoing until there's a price... I'll just skip that and buy if the (my) intro deal is really good (pushing four times heavy-hitter status at nearly 80 of their plug-ins).
What if they offer a special price to those that demoed it pre-release?
Are they doing that or this pure speculation?

Return to “Effects”