Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

By the way I hope this is big enough :lol:

I hope to get it done by the end of November, I have to rewrite a lot of shit.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Definitely. :)

So, having a close look at the picture, does that mean that it will be possible to change the size by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner?
If so, will it be continuously variable (so the user could choose any size), or will the user be able to increase/decrease the size in steps of, say, 20%?

Yes you can drag the corner from any size you want between 50% (tiny) and 200% (huge). In the menu you will also be able to choose from 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 175%, and 200% if thats more convenient. I also made it so it remembers the last size you set it to, so the next time you open your project or add an instrument it will open at that size.

commodore wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:35 pm I still love this synth. Nothing sounds quite like it. I wish there were more presets out there to buy though.
There will be 2 banks to buy in a couple of weeks made by me. Almost 250 presets, mixed genres but a lot of presets are Hardstyle presets. I can give a small teaser here what you can expect of my banks: https://soundcloud.com/eyezer-music/viper-teaser

If the sales will do any well, then I will finish off volume 3 (which I've already started working on).
Last edited by eyezermusic on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamtrance wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:12 pm Yes you can drag the corner from any size you want between 50% (tiny) and 200% (huge).
Very nice! It would be also great to have an option to change the background color from the red one to some other colors. A Virus Ti color scheme maybe. :wink:

anoise wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:41 pm Very nice! It would be also great to have an option to change the background color from the red one to some other colors. A Virus Ti color scheme maybe. :wink:
skinning ability is also planed in the future and you can all make whatever design/colors you want ;)

adamtrance wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:12 pm Yes you can drag the corner from any size you want between 50% (tiny) and 200% (huge). In the menu you will also be able to choose from 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 175%, and 200% if thats more convenient. I also made it so it remembers the last size you set it to, so the next time you open your project or add an instrument it will open at that size.
adamtrance wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:44 pm skinning ability is also planed in the future and you can all make whatever design/colors you want ;)
:tu: AND :party:

Just wondering what the copy protection on Viper is. Is it offline? Wondering whether I'll be able to keep using the software in case the product gets discontinued.

Viper uses an offline serial number so if you store your registration details in a safe place you can still use it forever.

eyezermusic wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:14 pm
commodore wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:35 pm I still love this synth. Nothing sounds quite like it. I wish there were more presets out there to buy though.
There will be 2 banks to buy in a couple of weeks made by me. Almost 250 presets, mixed genres but a lot of presets are Hardstyle presets. I can give a small teaser here what you can expect of my banks: https://soundcloud.com/eyezer-music/viper-teaser

If the sales will do any well, then I will finish off volume 3 (which I've already started working on).
Awesome - thanks for letting me know! I'll try to keep my eye out for them.

Hey everyone, I just want to say my 2 soundbanks for Viper are available to buy now!
You can find them here: https://payhip.com/eyezerproductionz
I've made an offer where you can buy both banks and save 6 euros doing so. You'll find demo's in the payhip descriptions.
I hope it will work as intended, otherwise let me know by contacting me by email at eyezerhardstyle@gmail.com or commenting on the Youtube videos.

I hope you guys will like the presets! If you want to leave feedback or have any questions etc, it's better to do so personally to me rather than here since I don't want to intrude too much in Adam's thread.

Thank you for reading!

I wonder why there are not many review online and coverage in the media? Is it considered indy or what?

It seems great and fully featured and has better workflow than say, Spire. My favs are Dune 2 and Sylenth1 for VA.

Did the industry see enough VA by now and 1:0.9 analog emus are the new thing?

Most YouTube vids for it are hardstyle sounds, and I thought it ended with "best of Thunderdome" in the 90s... :wink:

From next year I will concentrate on creating sounds for it in many different styles, and hopefully this will reach a greater audience and will be talked about more ;)

tristan- wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 am I wonder why there are not many review online and coverage in the media? Is it considered indy or what?

It seems great and fully featured and has better workflow than say, Spire. My favs are Dune 2 and Sylenth1 for VA.

Most YouTube vids for it are hardstyle sounds, and I thought it ended with "best of Thunderdome" in the 90s... :wink:
Don't get me wrong it's a very nice synth and all, but of course compared to those "we have it all"-synths like Rapid oder Avenger the Viper is a bit limited in terms of functionality (which can be good in a way). It's meant to be a (kind of) Virus after all.

Maybe a lot of people think "oh well yet another Virus clone, moving on..."

It's half the price of those other synth behemoths though.

2ZrgE wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:47 am
tristan- wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 am I wonder why there are not many review online and coverage in the media? Is it considered indy or what?

Don't get me wrong it's a very nice synth and all, but of course compared to those "we have it all"-synths like Rapid oder Avenger the Viper is a bit limited in terms of functionality (which can be good in a way). It's meant to be a (kind of) Virus after all.

Maybe a lot of people think "oh well yet another Virus clone, moving on..."

It's half the price of those other synth behemoths though.
I loved the idea of Avenger at first. but now I find that I dislike having all the different screens and complicated set up, even if its versatile. I never tried Rapid - something doesn't "gel" with me on this one. I think Vengeance took Avenger to the wrong place at the first place, it should've been something more like Viper which is what I've imagined them doing.
Viper has an amazing GUI, its very well done in many aspects!

I think Viper is one of the best VA along with Dune 2 and Sylenth1.
disregarding Serum and Diva, my two other favorite synths from a comparison point of view.

maybe the 64bit thing at first was problematic for buyers, and the fact it was released in early development to the public. but I just think it should be seen more, at least with some cool demos and reviews on YouTube. I'd give a free reviewers license to those guys.

btw, regardless of the cool viewport on the left, it would be cool to have the option to see the GUI in a modular fashion - OSC, LFO, Filter, Matrix - on one screen.

Return to “Instruments”