KVRian
1027 posts since 8 Oct, 2004 from Australia

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:52 pm

collider wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:22 pm
dusted william wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:19 am
Thansk sircuit!

I got that part, but somewhere I saw that until the 15th you can also buy expansions with for 50 percent off. I can't find that code anywhere.
Simply not true.
There was an email sent out by UVI detailing both the special price for Falcon and a 50% voucher for expansions.
I purchased the new Divinity expansion using my half price voucher.

dusted william
KVRAF
4741 posts since 18 Dec, 2000

Re: UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 1.6 released

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:05 pm

I ended up getting the whole 9! Only had time to get play a bit, but I’m glad I jumped on it.

sacer
KVRist
390 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 am

It crashes ableton 10.0.4 win 10 64 bit. I also updated latest sound library.
In a new set it opens falcon. But when I save the project in ableton and wants to reopen, then it says falcon not found. When I paste falcon plugin again then it crashes ableton.
Anyone else got some problems with falcon ?

collider
KVRer
18 posts since 14 Jun, 2018 from Germany

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:54 pm

dusted william wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 pm
collider wrote:
dusted william wrote:
Thansk sircuit!

I got that part, but somewhere I saw that until the 15th you can also buy expansions with for 50 percent off. I can't find that code anywhere.
Simply not true.
I found the info, it's in the bargains discussion thread!
Ooopps.

thejonsolo
KVRAF
1977 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:55 pm

sacer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 am
It crashes ableton 10.0.4 win 10 64 bit. I also updated latest sound library.
In a new set it opens falcon. But when I save the project in ableton and wants to reopen, then it says falcon not found. When I paste falcon plugin again then it crashes ableton.
Anyone else got some problems with falcon ?
No issues here.

morelia
KVRAF
4209 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:15 pm

collider wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:54 pm
dusted william wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 pm
collider wrote:
dusted william wrote:
Thansk sircuit!

Simply not true.
I found the info, it's in the bargains discussion thread!
Ooopps.
Seems to only work on Falcon Soundware. Do they ever have sales on other UVI Libraries?
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 12gb, Windows 7 (64), Focusrite Saffire 6 USB

sircuit
KVRian
527 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Yes, few times a year I'd say. Subscribe to the newsletter.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

ratsratsrats
KVRer
20 posts since 2 May, 2012 from toledo, ohio

Post Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:04 pm

So tech support just stopped responding to my emails last week, they seem to think my 7800x running a 4.3ghz overclock isn't capable of handling some of the sounds in the soundbanks of Falcon and therefore refuse support. Tried every sample rate, every buffer rate, I've taken the overclock off tried in Cubase, Ableton and Reaper the problem persists, and my Cpu usage on any single core never even hits above 70% yet I experience horrible artifacts.

I will never buy another UVI product again with this complete disregard for the customer.

Oberheim 8000
KVRist
180 posts since 1 Feb, 2014

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 am

I saw new video for new product from UVI (plate Reverb) and there was interesting modulation which change sound in to unisono like. That brings me idea, that this can be done in some new UVI Falcon effect module as some kind of unisono with this technique in plate reverb to make fake unisono in Falcon.

ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
5027 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:32 am

As a new owner of a Seaboard Block I have two feature requests:
a.) Create a sound expansion with all MPE sounds that show the full "5D" modulation capabilities of Falcon, maybe even in collaboration with Roli?
b.) Integrate MPE into the core of Falcon, so that it works with more existing libraries/sounds. ATM, the MPE script often collides with existing scripts which makes Falcon of limited use for expressive playing.

Thank you very much and Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

SLiC
KVRAF
2847 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:32 am
As a new owner of a Seaboard Block I have two feature requests:
a.) Create a sound expansion with all MPE sounds that show the full "5D" modulation capabilities of Falcon, maybe even in collaboration with Roli?
b.) Integrate MPE into the core of Falcon, so that it works with more existing libraries/sounds. ATM, the MPE script often collides with existing scripts which makes Falcon of limited use for expressive playing.

Thank you very much and Cheers,

Tom
There is already a folder full of MPE sounds in the factory presets (which is ore than most instruments have other than the Roli backed stuff and Bitwig stuff) but I would probably buy a new expansion pack of just of MPE ready sounds.
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps

ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
5027 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:51 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 am
There is already a folder full of MPE sounds in the factory presets
I know, that's why I ask for more ;-)
And I also think that MPE could be better used than in many of the existing MPE patches in Falcon.
I guess sound designer still are in the process of getting to grips with MPE (if they care at all, since it's still niche) and what can be done with it.
Falcon so far hasn't been brought to the edge of it's theoretical potential soundwise IMO so having somebody who really digs MPE diving deep would be very interesting to learn from. :tu:

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

sircuit
KVRian
527 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:39 am

Oberheim 8000 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 am
I saw new video for new product from UVI (plate Reverb) and there was interesting modulation which change sound in to unisono like. That brings me idea, that this can be done in some new UVI Falcon effect module as some kind of unisono with this technique in plate reverb to make fake unisono in Falcon.
Sparkverb: Mix 100%, diffusion on, play with modulation.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

aMUSEd
KVRAF
29804 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:48 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:51 am
SLiC wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 am
There is already a folder full of MPE sounds in the factory presets
I know, that's why I ask for more ;-)
And I also think that MPE could be better used than in many of the existing MPE patches in Falcon.
I guess sound designer still are in the process of getting to grips with MPE (if they care at all, since it's still niche) and what can be done with it.
Falcon so far hasn't been brought to the edge of it's theoretical potential soundwise IMO so having somebody who really digs MPE diving deep would be very interesting to learn from. :tu:

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
Would be good if in future all patches and add on banks came with MPE versions

Oberheim 8000
KVRist
180 posts since 1 Feb, 2014

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 am

sircuit wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:39 am
Oberheim 8000 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 am
Sparkverb: Mix 100%, diffusion on, play with modulation.
Unfortunately no. After try Plate vs Sparkverb, in Plate I can have minimum decay and have nice unisono sound, like 16 (or more) oscilators playing and detuned. I can get similar sound from Sparkverb only when decay is longer around 4 or more seconds + Diffusion on + modulation as you wrote. If decay is shorten, modulation start sounds like vibrato.

Return to “Instruments”