UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

collider wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:22 pm
dusted william wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:19 pm Thansk sircuit!

I got that part, but somewhere I saw that until the 15th you can also buy expansions with for 50 percent off. I can't find that code anywhere.
Simply not true.
There was an email sent out by UVI detailing both the special price for Falcon and a 50% voucher for expansions.
I purchased the new Divinity expansion using my half price voucher.

I ended up getting the whole 9! Only had time to get play a bit, but I’m glad I jumped on it.

It crashes ableton 10.0.4 win 10 64 bit. I also updated latest sound library.
In a new set it opens falcon. But when I save the project in ableton and wants to reopen, then it says falcon not found. When I paste falcon plugin again then it crashes ableton.
Anyone else got some problems with falcon ?

dusted william wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

I got that part, but somewhere I saw that until the 15th you can also buy expansions with for 50 percent off. I can't find that code anywhere.
Simply not true.
I found the info, it's in the bargains discussion thread!
Ooopps.

sacer wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 am It crashes ableton 10.0.4 win 10 64 bit. I also updated latest sound library.
In a new set it opens falcon. But when I save the project in ableton and wants to reopen, then it says falcon not found. When I paste falcon plugin again then it crashes ableton.
Anyone else got some problems with falcon ?
No issues here.

collider wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 pm
dusted william wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Simply not true.
I found the info, it's in the bargains discussion thread!
Ooopps.
Seems to only work on Falcon Soundware. Do they ever have sales on other UVI Libraries?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Yes, few times a year I'd say. Subscribe to the newsletter.

So tech support just stopped responding to my emails last week, they seem to think my 7800x running a 4.3ghz overclock isn't capable of handling some of the sounds in the soundbanks of Falcon and therefore refuse support. Tried every sample rate, every buffer rate, I've taken the overclock off tried in Cubase, Ableton and Reaper the problem persists, and my Cpu usage on any single core never even hits above 70% yet I experience horrible artifacts.

I will never buy another UVI product again with this complete disregard for the customer.

I saw new video for new product from UVI (plate Reverb) and there was interesting modulation which change sound in to unisono like. That brings me idea, that this can be done in some new UVI Falcon effect module as some kind of unisono with this technique in plate reverb to make fake unisono in Falcon.

As a new owner of a Seaboard Block I have two feature requests:
a.) Create a sound expansion with all MPE sounds that show the full "5D" modulation capabilities of Falcon, maybe even in collaboration with Roli?
b.) Integrate MPE into the core of Falcon, so that it works with more existing libraries/sounds. ATM, the MPE script often collides with existing scripts which makes Falcon of limited use for expressive playing.

Thank you very much and Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 am As a new owner of a Seaboard Block I have two feature requests:
a.) Create a sound expansion with all MPE sounds that show the full "5D" modulation capabilities of Falcon, maybe even in collaboration with Roli?
b.) Integrate MPE into the core of Falcon, so that it works with more existing libraries/sounds. ATM, the MPE script often collides with existing scripts which makes Falcon of limited use for expressive playing.

Thank you very much and Cheers,

Tom
There is already a folder full of MPE sounds in the factory presets (which is ore than most instruments have other than the Roli backed stuff and Bitwig stuff) but I would probably buy a new expansion pack of just of MPE ready sounds.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 amThere is already a folder full of MPE sounds in the factory presets
I know, that's why I ask for more ;-)
And I also think that MPE could be better used than in many of the existing MPE patches in Falcon.
I guess sound designer still are in the process of getting to grips with MPE (if they care at all, since it's still niche) and what can be done with it.
Falcon so far hasn't been brought to the edge of it's theoretical potential soundwise IMO so having somebody who really digs MPE diving deep would be very interesting to learn from. :tu:

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Oberheim 8000 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am I saw new video for new product from UVI (plate Reverb) and there was interesting modulation which change sound in to unisono like. That brings me idea, that this can be done in some new UVI Falcon effect module as some kind of unisono with this technique in plate reverb to make fake unisono in Falcon.
Sparkverb: Mix 100%, diffusion on, play with modulation.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 am
SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 amThere is already a folder full of MPE sounds in the factory presets
I know, that's why I ask for more ;-)
And I also think that MPE could be better used than in many of the existing MPE patches in Falcon.
I guess sound designer still are in the process of getting to grips with MPE (if they care at all, since it's still niche) and what can be done with it.
Falcon so far hasn't been brought to the edge of it's theoretical potential soundwise IMO so having somebody who really digs MPE diving deep would be very interesting to learn from. :tu:

Thanks and cheers,

Tom
Would be good if in future all patches and add on banks came with MPE versions

sircuit wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 pm
Oberheim 8000 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am I saw new video for new product from UVI (plate Reverb) and there was interesting modulation which change sound in to unisono like. That brings me idea, that this can be done in some new UVI Falcon effect module as some kind of unisono with this technique in plate reverb to make fake unisono in Falcon.
Sparkverb: Mix 100%, diffusion on, play with modulation.
Unfortunately no. After try Plate vs Sparkverb, in Plate I can have minimum decay and have nice unisono sound, like 16 (or more) oscilators playing and detuned. I can get similar sound from Sparkverb only when decay is longer around 4 or more seconds + Diffusion on + modulation as you wrote. If decay is shorten, modulation start sounds like vibrato.

Return to “Instruments”