Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

DJErmac wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 pm
EastBoundSounds wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:18 pm Exactly and I have lost alot of Respect for Rene and Manuel over this. They never even thought about using the key file system to protect other peoples expansions until I brought it to their attention and asked to use it and they tried to hustle me instead of working with me.
I simply can't believe you're posting this story in the middle of the Avenger thread... while trying to sell Avenger presets.
We are honest people here at EBS. Most people think it, we say. It is what it is. Rene and Manuel are hard people to work with as creators which alot of their customers are. So we will most likely start creating expansions for UVI Falcon again. It can go up to 250 Polyphonic voices and has way more options. The technology in UVI is beyond VPS and realistically it is a better synth but very cpu hungry. Which is why we started using VPS Avenger.

msvs wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:43 pm we do offer % for sound designers who release their expansion as an official expansion through us. But the released XP must meet our standards and our taste. For example the Ambition XP did so. We did not want to release the EastBoundsounds Guitar expansion however.
What are your standards exactly? Your message is clearly fabricated to defend your position on this because when i talked to Rene and informed him on my idea to use the keyfile system. He said you guys never thought of using that to protect your customers expansions. He said he would get back to me with a proposal. Not to mention both of you guys told me you liked the acoustic guitars expansion. It was clearly a way for you guys to make money up front before anyone does. Rene's exact words... quote on quote were we will have to "Sing up a license agreement". It obvious why you guys didn't tell me about the %. You were capitalizing on fast money. Your not fooling me or anyone in this community. You should be more honest and fair with your customers. It will get your further in the long run. Cheers !

Please let the developers concentrate on the next release. No time here for justification, as everyone knows that Vengeance does not rip off anyone here! What a nonsense! Such statements are not fair and can be dangerous. Each company may determine its own prices. Where is the problem? Buy it or leave it on the shelf. Since Vengeance and Refx mainly concentrates on EDM music, there's no hope to see a Blugrass XP soon. Instead of this, there are constantly updates with cool features like the new chord arp, which ist amazing. If you have technical problems, please contact Rene. Always send him a crash log file - makes it easier to find the bug. I would like to see more productive things here in the future. Post your music, share some presets and so on (thanks Bansaw and ilalin and...). And the most important thing: Let's stay in peace.

Is the version with the chord arp out now?
I didn't get any update notification.

This is was Manuel posted some days ago:

"BETA BETA BETA
we just started the beta test for the update 1.4.0

if you want to test the new update, please send an email to beta@vps-avenger.com and you will receive an email from the autoresponder.

the email also tells you, where to send the bug reports.

Have fun!"

And here are the ARP chord presets...

"just go to your arp preset browser, (click on the little square icon left, select: "go to presets folder" and unrar the file here... so that it looks like this \Avenger\settings\Arpeggiator\BetaARPChords\*presets*

http://www.vengeance-storage.com/file/BetaARPChords.rar

have fun playing around!!"

"Breach The Sky 3 posts since 8 Oct, 2018 " :D

anyways it's not like the image of the company or the product has always been the best. and especially in retrospective there has been trouble around vengeance. they're of course following the money in the first place. but customers are not dumb and they don't forget, just sayin. and to be fair: no one gets forced to buy or use their products or to cooperate with them.

about support and customer friendliness: i once bought the sidechain plugin and loved it. it's now in v3 and still has timing bugs XD my first mail got answered quick by rene, promising they'd look into. but that's it. a second mail didn't get answered at all. now the plugin is dead, like their others.

frizzbee wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm "Breach The Sky 3 posts since 8 Oct, 2018 " :D

anyways it's not like the image of the company or the product has always been the best. and especially in retrospective there has been trouble around vengeance. they're of course following the money in the first place. but customers are not dumb and they don't forget, just sayin. and to be fair: no one gets forced to buy or use their products or to cooperate with them.

about support and customer friendliness: i once bought the sidechain plugin and loved it. it's now in v3 and still has timing bugs XD my first mail got answered quick by rene, promising they'd look into. but that's it. a second mail didn't get answered at all. now the plugin is dead, like their others.
Sadly. This is why i didnt buy their effect plugins. Cause this is bad support. May it be vps or ni or whatever. With avenger it seems different ?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

frizzbee wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm "Breach The Sky 3 posts since 8 Oct, 2018 " :D
Haha, yeah... The irony right?
To be fair, I don't know much about Vengeance history either. Just gonna leave it there.
Last edited by Breach The Sky on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:01 pmSadly. This is why i didnt buy their effect plugins. Cause this is bad support. May it be vps or ni or whatever. With avenger it seems different ?
well the support itself was quick and friendly, but it all turned out unexpected :lol: that's sad because i had them different in mind.

can't tell you about avenger, don't own it. all i read in here is "we don't get bug reports, everything is fine". but on the other side there are many addressing their bugs & problems over and over in here or other forums.
i think avenger is different in that regard that it's the product vengeance really loves and which ensures their income right now. with no other product they were so open and active here. and it's a typical vengeance expansion collection product, which they've tried with metrum and phalanx without big success. but i have respect, avenger has the chance to create 3rd party expansions so you're not forced to work with their stuff.

Trancit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:49 am Exactly and how can Avenger be inspired by Rapid???
To code such a plugin takes years... Manuel opened this thread to announce Avenger on June 25th 2016... Rapid was announced on October 3rd... :dog:
And given the (slow) speed Rene from Rapid delivered the last major update (almost a year later) for an effectively zero bugs plugin, I'd say Rapid started the development at least a couple of years in advance.
On the other hand, the VPS Rene had all the FX code from their plugins, made a 1-OSC 1-Filter synth, duplicated the modulation options et voila! Yes, the bugmachine gets updated more frequently but at what cost?
Zebra 3 started development 6 years ago and will be released pretty much bug-free. Now this kind of plugs (with no bugs) take years of development (&testing).

hvyen wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:37 am Since Vengeance and Refx mainly concentrates on EDM music, there's no hope to see a Blugrass XP soon.
Now I want one.

I'm going to start an official petition for a Bluegrass XP for Avenger.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm
hvyen wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:37 am Since Vengeance and Refx mainly concentrates on EDM music, there's no hope to see a Blugrass XP soon.
Now I want one.

I'm going to start an official petition for a Bluegrass XP for Avenger.
:D
Oh yes, why not! Everybody here should make one or two presets and we have finished the Bluegrass XP until next week! :)

Meh...

Not interested in expansion packs, nor the politics of the expansion pack community tbh. VPS released Avenger... two years ago now? And they're still adding major functionality to it. Unique and helpful features in free updates. $70 is way more than any expansion pack is worth to me personally, but by now most developers would have been hoarding all these great new features for a v2.0 that would cost me $50-$100.

Xfer did a lot of this with Serum. U-he does it, albeit very slowly. I'm having a hard time thinking of other developers that commit to a synth like this and keep adding major feature updates for free. I love my Izotope plugins but they try to bleed you for a few hundred dollars every year and then drop the price by 70% in a sale 6 months later.

For that I say VPS is at least treating their customers quite well. Got it on sale and it's probably the best $170 I've spent on music related software.

I think we can all agree that Avenger makes it easy for us to make new presets. And Manuel and rene are working on making it more easy which is the main reason of the synth and to make it sound good. I am waiting on the analog filters and that will make this synth easy and great sound to use. Hopefully we get those analog filters by the end of the year and I bet they will make a new type of filter that no other synth have

Return to “Instruments”