Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

how do you guys use this plugin so far? the presets are pretty unmusical...
i made some crazy modulations for experimental layers, but for typical stuff i would choose single effect plugins so far. im on the fence, love it though somehow for craziness and soundscapish stuff!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I purchased at a $74 price point and yes you logon and it tells you if you have a discount from prior products purchased

Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 pm how do you guys use this plugin so far? the presets are pretty unmusical...
i made some crazy modulations for experimental layers, but for typical stuff i would choose single effect plugins so far. im on the fence, love it though somehow for craziness and soundscapish stuff!
i found the presets to be heavily dependent on the input source. there's a lot of mangling stuff but also some nice delay/comb/reverb with modulation for things like pads and synth tones.

ymmv of course but try a bunch of different input sources and tempos and you might be surprised. i was.

For owning Fault and SpecOPS I get it at $99
:borg:

Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 pm how do you guys use this plugin so far? the presets are pretty unmusical...
Been playing with it today, been working on delay paths with the granular module set to negative speed and using the envelope follower or gate set to trigger envelopes for the mix levels to add some rhythmic flourishes. Was on the fence about this but the more I use it, the more potential I can see so might just fold and buy it.

Bought anyway - excellent plugin - great VFM with my discounts - thanks

Still needs better NKS integration though, more macros, macros that actually do something, NKS presets.

Also each module should have its own sub presets.

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:35 pm For owning Fault and SpecOPS I get it at $99
I own all of the UA plugs and get it listed for $104 +20% VAT= $124.80 even with the $25 loyalty and the early bird discount.

I'm guessing the survey voucher is only able to be used by those getting a loyalty discount other than $25 :(

lnikj wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:26 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:17 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:12 pm Place your bids on the release price. My assumption would be 149 $. Closest bid wins an NFR.
Now let´s see whether PA honors that lottery :hihi:
There's many combinations of customer status and vouchers but I don't think any of them works for a price of $149 :)
Well, my guess was way off and with all the voucher-loyalty-bonus-voodoo nobody's guess was right as there is no absolute price. They gave me an NFR for one year, the year started in June so I have 200+ days left for BYOME to become something to rely on, or not.

robbmonn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm Take the user survey here: https://plugin-alliance.us3.list-manage ... 52dc657455 and get a $25 voucher that you can use in addition to your discounts. I just bought it for $74 this way. Seems like other vouchers (like the monthly) will not work in conjunction with the discount that offer if you have the other UA plugs.
Same result for me (-$99 for already owning SpecOps -$55 survey voucher +$14,80 European VAT minus the euro value gain) = 76 €

Thank you for remind us the survey possibility, very useful !

It seems I will be finally able to buy this very cool plugin ! :tu:
Last edited by Julien Unison on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

thelizard wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:28 pm
blortblort wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:09 pm WHERE ARE MY PRESETS ( :oops: )???
Sorry to hear that! Here are the presets if you or anyone else need them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/joaqe99grqqh1 ... 7.zip?dl=0

Thank you to everyone for making this our most successful launch ever! It's been quite the journey for us.

Please keep on sending in bug reports to PA. We are preparing a bug fix release based on early access feedback.
Thanks sooo much for the fast fix!
its really nice to have some benchmarks to see just what this goodie is capable of in the right hands (...and now that i have it... BYOME is truly in the wrong hands ;] )

Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 pm the presets are pretty unmusical...

IN a UA plugin? :o Unheard of! :shock:

:hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm surprised at the level of surprise over the pricing. When I saw this, I immediately thought "oh, this will be $249" (even mentioned that earlier). You figure Sandman Pro is $99 and this is much larger than that, plus PA is a company that'll charge $299 for an [SSL] Bus Compressor, and they've got an interest in signing people up for a Pick Pack. How do you push the latter? By having enough premium plugins to make it worth it. Not a knock on them, just very predictable.

Anyway, I picked it up for $104 by combining the voucher Dirk posted to Facebook with the Survey voucher. I'd never buy this at $249 personally (or $179) and would've waited a year or two for a sale if necessary, but for around $100, it seems very well worth it.

It reminds me a bit of Excalibur from Exponential Audio but with a much less confounding interface. I always hoped SoundToys would turn their Effect Rack into something like this, where you could do crazy chains and modulations that wouldn't otherwise be possible by just running effects in serial or parallel. Anyway, kudos to Unfiltered Audio for the cool take on a multi-effects unit. They do interesting stuff!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:01 pm I'm surprised at the level of surprise over the pricing. When I saw this, I immediately thought "oh, this will be $249" (even mentioned that earlier). You figure Sandman Pro is $99 and this is much larger than that, plus PA is a company that'll charge $299 for an [SSL] Bus Compressor, and they've got an interest in signing people up for a Pick Pack. How do you push the latter? By having enough premium plugins to make it worth it. Not a knock on them, just very predictable.

Anyway, I picked it up for $104 by combining the voucher Dirk posted to Facebook with the Survey voucher. I'd never buy this at $249 personally (or $179) and would've waited a year or two for a sale if necessary, but for around $100, it seems very well worth it.

It reminds me a bit of Excalibur from Exponential Audio but with a much less confounding interface. I always hoped SoundToys would turn their Effect Rack into something like this, where you could do crazy chains and modulations that wouldn't otherwise be possible by just running effects in serial or parallel. Anyway, kudos to Unfiltered Audio for the cool take on a multi-effects unit. They do interesting stuff!
What was the voucher code Dirk posted on Facebook?

Actually I see upgrade to Byome for $99 from every UA plugin, even fiedler audio stage. So if you have at least 1 UA plugin you should see $99 even without voucher.

Edit: ok not every. But Sandman Pro, Zip, G8, Dent2, Indent2, SpecOps. Also bx_rooms.

tincture wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm I have been captivated by this thread.

Then i see the price. Even the intro price. It's a joke right? I can buy half a decent DAW for 149. Crazy IMO. Nuts.

Bye bye. No wonder people pirate stuff. Seriously. What's new here? Innovative? It's a great collection. But
... some people are fools.
man you actually sound like a big fool to everyone here. And people pirate stuff because they are thieves and "fool" themselves into thinking they are not by justifying it with BS like that.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”