Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:01 pm I'm surprised at the level of surprise over the pricing. When I saw this, I immediately thought "oh, this will be $249" (even mentioned that earlier). You figure Sandman Pro is $99 and this is much larger than that, plus PA is a company that'll charge $299 for an [SSL] Bus Compressor, and they've got an interest in signing people up for a Pick Pack. How do you push the latter? By having enough premium plugins to make it worth it. Not a knock on them, just very predictable.

Anyway, I picked it up for $104 by combining the voucher Dirk posted to Facebook with the Survey voucher. I'd never buy this at $249 personally (or $179) and would've waited a year or two for a sale if necessary, but for around $100, it seems very well worth it.

It reminds me a bit of Excalibur from Exponential Audio but with a much less confounding interface. I always hoped SoundToys would turn their Effect Rack into something like this, where you could do crazy chains and modulations that wouldn't otherwise be possible by just running effects in serial or parallel. Anyway, kudos to Unfiltered Audio for the cool take on a multi-effects unit. They do interesting stuff!
What was the voucher code Dirk posted on Facebook?
See post #2 here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... ffect.html

Julien Unison wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 pm
robbmonn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm Take the user survey here: https://plugin-alliance.us3.list-manage ... 52dc657455 and get a $25 voucher that you can use in addition to your discounts. I just bought it for $74 this way. Seems like other vouchers (like the monthly) will not work in conjunction with the discount that offer if you have the other UA plugs.
Same result for me (-$99 for already owning SpecOps -$55 survey voucher +$14,80 European VAT minus the euro value gain) = 76 €

Thank you for remind us the survey possibility, very useful !

It seems I will be finally able to buy this very cool plugin ! :tu:
Just filled this out and purchased Byome :tu:

Glad I caught this before buying it for $99
:borg:

Created a small FSU ambient track using a bunch of Instances of Reaktor, Quadrant, Byome, Fault and SpecOPS. Nothing really is "programmed" except the stuff that happens in the presets. I did however automate some filters on each track and the volumes. The cool drone effect is the master Byome effect using a preset I found.

I made it sound more Lo-fi on purpose by tossing a frequency shifter and Erosion Effect plugin on the master out before another instance of Byome..

https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/b ... hem-nolofi

*updated with no-lofi
Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 am Created a small FSU ambient track using a bunch of Instances of Reaktor, Quadrant, Byome, Fault and SpecOPS. Nothing really is "programmed" except the stuff that happens in the presets. I did however automate some filters each track and the volumes. The cool drone effect is the master Byome effect using a preset I found.

I made it sound more Lo-fi on purpose by tossing a frequency shifter and Erosion Effect plugin on the master out before another instance of Byome..

https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/digital-mayhem
Sounds like a demo of an early Richard Divine tune.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:46 am
V0RT3X wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 am Created a small FSU ambient track using a bunch of Instances of Reaktor, Quadrant, Byome, Fault and SpecOPS. Nothing really is "programmed" except the stuff that happens in the presets. I did however automate some filters each track and the volumes. The cool drone effect is the master Byome effect using a preset I found.

Really, wow thanks.

I just updated the track by removing the Erosion and lo-fi effects

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:09 am

Really, wow thanks.

Is it my imagining or does it sound a lot thinner now?!

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:27 am
V0RT3X wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:09 am

Really, wow thanks.

Is it my imagining or does it sound a lot thinner now?!
Maybe it does sound thinner because there are now less distortion and artifacts? I just thought maybe taking the distortion out would showcase the cool sounds of Byome.

So I'm a bit late to the party I guess, but I'd definitely like to repeat some of the sentiment I've already seen where people have requested more FX lanes with the ability to allow for things like MS, LR, and multiband processing along with a mix module to combine them back together. I bet it's no small request, so hopefully something they'll consider for a major enhancement at some point down the road.

Spent quite some time enjoying it tonight. I made a cool delay/modulated reverb thing with a dynamic +12 pitch shifter in the feedback where the harder you play a note, the more you hear the pitch shifting, and at the same time, the deeper the filter would cut to prevent things from the shifter from getting too bright and obvious. Had no intention of starting out trying to make that sound, but that's where I ended up and it sounded great! Very inspirational type effect. I'm looking forward to when I have the time to explore the other modules.

^
Theyre not stupid, thatll be a paid upgrade

I'm having loooots of fun with this thing.
jens wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pmIN a UA plugin? :o Unheard of! :shock:
Yeah, they could do so much more with presets. Too much showcasing glitchy stuff dick swinging. BYOME is also capable of rebuilding traditional machines and could easily offer a subsection of reverb presets, delay presets... etc... With useful and musical names.

E.g., Sandman pro. It can easily be used as a traditional delay, but this could be supported if not by the UI, then by a clear section and naming of traditional presets.

Then UA plugs could be the go to plugins for the traditional jobs. What am I doing today? If I need a simple delay, I use my go to delay which is Tekturon with easy to see delay taps.

I've put a simple oneshot kick drum sample on a 4/4 track on every beat and set it on loop.
In BYOME, I have the probability gate set to 1/4 and output to 50% and connected it with the top gain knob. Set probability to, say 50%. I'm currently not at my machine so cannot post the preset.
So now with 50% probability kicks are either played with full gain or silent - it works, BUT sometimes like second half of the kick is played (kick minus some attack time). Is that some kind of timing/latency effect I am experiencing? Studio One that is.

What is the right output of the probability gate btw.? I am feeling stupid now, but it has no mouseover hint and it is not explained in the PDF .

BYOME adding some resonant movement to the rhythm of the sea.

https://soundcloud.com/chqtestsubjects/ ... a-movement

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 am ^
Theyre not stupid, thatll be a paid upgrade
Well yeah...after all, we're not communists.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:07 amWhat is the right output of the probability gate btw.?
That's the trigger output. You can use it to trigger envelopes, reset LFOs or sequencers etc.

Julien Unison wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 pm
robbmonn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm Take the user survey here: https://plugin-alliance.us3.list-manage ... 52dc657455 and get a $25 voucher that you can use in addition to your discounts. I just bought it for $74 this way. Seems like other vouchers (like the monthly) will not work in conjunction with the discount that offer if you have the other UA plugs.
Same result for me (-$99 for already owning SpecOps -$55 survey voucher +$14,80 European VAT minus the euro value gain) = 76 €

Thank you for remind us the survey possibility, very useful !
yea, THX!
Same result here..76€ :phones:
- WonderEcho -

Return to “Effects”