Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

dermage wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 pm Actually I see upgrade to Byome for $99 from every UA plugin, even fiedler audio stage. So if you have at least 1 UA plugin you should see $99 even without voucher.

Edit: ok not every. But Sandman Pro, Zip, G8, Dent2, Indent2, SpecOps. Also bx_rooms.
Also Fault.

How is the Roli Lightpad integration in Byome?

Will there probably be an equivalent or even better sale around Black Friday?

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:50 am I'm having loooots of fun with this thing.
jens wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pmIN a UA plugin? :o Unheard of! :shock:
Yeah, they could do so much more with presets. Too much showcasing glitchy stuff dick swinging. BYOME is also capable of rebuilding traditional machines and could easily offer a subsection of reverb presets, delay presets... etc... With useful and musical names.

E.g., Sandman pro. It can easily be used as a traditional delay, but this could be supported if not by the UI, then by a clear section and naming of traditional presets.

Then UA plugs could be the go to plugins for the traditional jobs. What am I doing today? If I need a simple delay, I use my go to delay which is Tekturon with easy to see delay taps.

Yeah, to me most of it sounds glitchy, crappy, LoFi in a bad way, 90ish - the absolutely worst is SpecOps where I haven't found out yet if really everything you put through it is bound to end up sounding like a variation of the same terrible demo back from 92' (I kind of feel like the guys at UA want their student years back) or if something could be done to avoid this by tweaking the thing properly. But I lost all energy to find out after trying it out for about half an hour. That sucked all the joy out of me. :-o :hihi: Got it for 24€ luckily. :shrug:

But their apparent heroes at Fabfilter ( :lol: - just look at the modulation) are similar in that regard. For Timeless my own presets folder is called "actually useable".
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Klinke1 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 am
Julien Unison wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 pm
robbmonn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm Take the user survey here: https://plugin-alliance.us3.list-manage ... 52dc657455 and get a $25 voucher that you can use in addition to your discounts. I just bought it for $74 this way. Seems like other vouchers (like the monthly) will not work in conjunction with the discount that offer if you have the other UA plugs.
Same result for me (-$99 for already owning SpecOps -$55 survey voucher +$14,80 European VAT minus the euro value gain) = 76 €

Thank you for remind us the survey possibility, very useful !
yea, THX!
Same result here..76€ :phones:
BTW, There isn't such a thing than "European VAT". Different rates of VAT apply in different EU member states, ranging from 17% in Luxembourg to 27% in Hungary.
If the reduced Byome price is, e. g. $ 99, and you happen to live in the "wrong" country, first you have to pay for the conversion rate, € 99 = $ 115, then
the VAT is added, in the worst case $ 115 x. 27 = $ 31.05.
The final price for the end user in this case is $ 146.05 in stead of $ 99.

Not very equal: the brother in the Lodi, ca, who lives in the richest country (measured by the GNP per capita) in the world, pays $ 47.05 less than the brother in the Budapest (which, btw, is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, although less than half as rich). :clown:

USA GNP per capita = 58,030 PPP dollars (2016)
Hungary GNP per capita = 25,640 PPP dollars (2016)

"Ran out of time and money
Looks like they took my friends
Oh Lord, should I wish, I was stuck in Lodi again... "

jens wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 am
tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:50 am I'm having loooots of fun with this thing.
jens wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pmIN a UA plugin? :o Unheard of! :shock:
Yeah, they could do so much more with presets. Too much showcasing glitchy stuff dick swinging. BYOME is also capable of rebuilding traditional machines and could easily offer a subsection of reverb presets, delay presets... etc... With useful and musical names.

E.g., Sandman pro. It can easily be used as a traditional delay, but this could be supported if not by the UI, then by a clear section and naming of traditional presets.

Then UA plugs could be the go to plugins for the traditional jobs. What am I doing today? If I need a simple delay, I use my go to delay which is Tekturon with easy to see delay taps.

Yeah, to me most of it sounds glitchy, crappy, LoFi in a bad way, 90ish - the absolutely worst is SpecOps where I haven't found out yet if really everything you put through it is bound to end up sounding like a variation of the same terrible demo back from 92' (I kind of feel like the guys at UA want their student years back) or if something could be done to avoid this by tweaking the thing properly. But I lost all energy to find out after trying it out for about half an hour. That sucked all the joy out of me. :-o :hihi: Got it for 24€ luckily. :shrug:

But their apparent heroes at Fabfilter ( :lol: - just look at the modulation) are similar in that regard. For Timeless my own presets folder is called "actually useable".
I think musical presets should be also included a lot more cause most are bad showcases for non glitchartists. Ua would have a bigger fanbase in my opinion with musical more presets
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:36 am BTW, There isn't such a thing than "European VAT". Different rates of VAT apply in different EU member states, ranging from 17% in Luxembourg to 27% in Hungary.
If the reduced Byome price is, e. g. $ 99, and you happen to live in the "wrong" country, first you have to pay for the conversion rate, € 99 = $ 115, then
the VAT is added, in the worst case $ 115 x. 27 = $ 31.05.
The final price for the end user in this case is $ 146.05 in stead of $ 99.
Something is off in your calculation. $99 + 27% VAT is $126. Add a bit of conversion rate 2-3 % and you land at $130.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 amI think musical presets should be also included a lot more cause most are bad showcases for non glitchartists. Ua would have a bigger fanbase in my opinion with musical more presets
Agreed.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

For this money, i miss quite a bit;

M/S, output of modules,
Audio outs (fx modules) to use that as a mod source,
At least 128 macro controls (press + to add),
Stereo option in the freq.mod module,

To name a few...

morelia wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 amI think musical presets should be also included a lot more cause most are bad showcases for non glitchartists. Ua would have a bigger fanbase in my opinion with musical more presets
Agreed.
It's not really a preset device though - kind of misses the point of B(uild)Y(our)O(wn)M(odular)E(ffect).

lnikj wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 amIt's not really a preset device though - kind of misses the point of B(uild)Y(our)O(wn)M(odular)E(ffect).
Fair point. I've spent a fair amount of time with it and I am more interested in subtle results. That is the sort of simple stuff I would do with it. I'm probably not the target audience as I'd mainly use it as an effect rack with minimal use of the modulation.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

lnikj wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 am
Agreed.
It's not really a preset device though - kind of misses the point of B(uild)Y(our)O(wn)M(odular)E(ffect).
What is a "preset device"? I think all devices are "tweak yourself", but the factory presets can give some starting points for that. One doesn' t exclude the other. I'm pro presets, the more the better, in any device.

I've never made a bank of presets and charged for them but I'm tempted to do it for this.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

My survey was only 25 ☹️

that's all mine was as well.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

dusted william wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am My survey was only 25 ☹️
Perhaps your answers were not what they wanted to hear ;) :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:57 am
lnikj wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 am
Agreed.
What is a "preset device"? I think all devices are "tweak yourself", but the factory presets can give some starting points for that. One doesn' t exclude the other. I'm pro presets, the more the better, in any device.
Yeah I never got this either/or thinking around presets. Sound design is an art form, as an artist I am perfectly capable of both creating my own and appreciating and being inspired by the work of others (and humble enough to also recognise that there are other sound designers much more capable than myself).

Return to “Effects”