DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Yesssss. Appreciate ya Moss!

Hi Moss
I downloaded yesteday the last version of DrivenByMoss. I put it in the directory Extensions. I use Launchpad MKII. There is no MIDI OUT. The MIDI IN is OK. Why?
Thank you.

Protein Kyn

Is it possible already to arm a track with 1 hand? Or could someone help me where this is done in the source? Maybe a long press on the arm button is an idea?

Hello, sorry if this is a very noob question but I was unable to find any videos on it or help on the thread.

On your github page it talks about adding controllers manually or auto detect, which seems to no longer be how it works in Bitwig 2.4?

I am unable to get bitwig to recognize your DrivenByMoss script. I have it in both the Extensions folder in User/Documents/Bitwig Studio, and also in the 'controller scripts' folder. Because in your tutorial you recommend installing it to the Extensions folder. However, when I go to the locations page and 'my controller scripts' section, it specifies the directory as the 'controller scripts' folder.

No new controller show up when I go to add controllers. I am interested in the Generic Flexi and it does not show up under the Generic category.

I have tried quitting bitwig and also restarting my computer. I'm not sure what I'm missing here?

Hey! I’m new around here! Bought bitwig yesterday. Going to try out these controllers tonight for push 2 and komplete ktrl mk2.
Just wanted to say thanks to moss! If I can make use of push I really won’t regret leaving ableton.
I mean, I won’t regret it anyway seeing as bitwig is king but....you know.
Cheers!

Hi Moss,

So I'm using the Launchpad Pro and I noticed a couple of stuff I thought could be useful to mention here. I suspect this to be more API related but you never know...:

- the Launcher region does not move relative to the Launcher orientation when using the arrows to scroll.

- the Drum 4 and Drum 8 modes are not working. They are not sending midi notes, no lights (not filling the 4 or 8 pads or bitwig drum machine slots with yellow like the drum 64 do).

-I does let me draw blue lights on the pad though :hihi:

Hi people! I have a bit of a problem (though I’m sure it’s a user error)
I downloaded drive by moss 3.1, put it into the controller scripts folder (OS X) but when I open the controller tab in bitwig, there is no option to add ableton push 2.
Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
Cheers!
DC

I have sorted that now! Had it in the wrong folder! Now I’m back to the problem I had in ableton - my push pads are ‘sticking’
Meaning that when I press some of them down, the light stays on even when I lift off.
I have contacted ableton support multiple times about this to no avail!
Thought it might be something to do with my particular setup in ableton but apparently not!

Anyone else come across this?
Such a shame! Though I have to say, Although I have barely touched it yet, it seems to me that this in many ways is even better than with ableton! Got to say moss, seriously good job! Is there a PayPal I can send a few bucks to? Really great resource. I hope you are being compensated for this!

Next up komplete kontrol!

Just released DrivenByMoss 3.30 with a little update:

# Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol - 6.10

* New: Receives /clip/{1-8}/remove

Is anyone able to help with my problem? I'm sure I am just missing something here.

Bowchamp wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:03 pm Is anyone able to help with my problem? I'm sure I am just missing something here.
Sorry, didn't see your question.
Only put the "DrivenByMoss.bwextension" file in the "Extensions" folder. Remove it from the scripts folder (this folder is only for JavaScript extensions). Also the script folder configuration does only apply to JavaScript files.

My first time trying to use the Flexi script.

I can't see how the use it as generic script to midi map knobs. Is this not possible?
It doesn't seem to be possible to add Slots, unless there's a Function chosen form the menu?

I simply want to map the knobs across a project, and having the values also send back to a MidiFighter Twister.
I was using "Tom's Bi-directional" before, but they are no longer supported/reliable.

Thanks!

svervs wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:03 am My first time trying to use the Flexi script.

I can't see how the use it as generic script to midi map knobs. Is this not possible?
It doesn't seem to be possible to add Slots, unless there's a Function chosen form the menu?

I simply want to map the knobs across a project, and having the values also send back to a MidiFighter Twister.
I was using "Tom's Bi-directional" before, but they are no longer supported/reliable.

Thanks!
Look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JjNaviDS5A

Thanks Moss. I've watched this before and again now, but it doesn't seem to solve my problem?

I need no Bitwig function to be assigned, and simply use the Midi coming from the controller for mapping knobs.

I think even the "Generic Midi Keyboard" script would be sufficient, but it doesn't send values back to the controller.

svervs wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:00 am Thanks Moss. I've watched this before and again now, but it doesn't seem to solve my problem?

I need no Bitwig function to be assigned, and simply use the Midi coming from the controller for mapping knobs.

I think even the "Generic Midi Keyboard" script would be sufficient, but it doesn't send values back to the controller.
Sorry, but I do not understand what you are after. What other than a function in Bitwig do you want to control? Write an email? :hihi:

Return to “Controller Scripting”