UVI Plate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

otristan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm Actually, IR is clearly the opposite of physical modelling.
Still, IR of real EMT was used to see if the physical modelling matched the reality but there are absolutely no IR in the product itself.
Hi Oliver,

Although you did answer the question about whether or not IRs were used, you went too far in saying that "IR is clearly the opposite of physical modelling."

As a counter-example to this claim, it is entirely possible to write a plate reverb plugin that solves the PDEs to create IRs in real-time, IRs that are used immediately thereafter in the same plugin. I've written programs that do this kind of thing. Although there is a spike in CPU usage whenever the IRs are recalculated, once an IR is obtained there can be less CPU usage. Of course, an IR needs to exist for the system, and many systems of interest do not meet this requirement.

I do agree that usually people measure IRs and that this would not be physical modelling. My point is that there is more than one way to create an IR, so again your claim goes too far.

Regards,
Dave Clark

DaveClark wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:19 pm Hi Oliver,

Although you did answer the question about whether or not IRs were used, you went too far in saying that "IR is clearly the opposite of physical modelling."

As a counter-example to this claim, it is entirely possible to write a plate reverb plugin that solves the PDEs to create IRs in real-time, IRs that are used immediately thereafter in the same plugin. I've written programs that do this kind of thing. Although there is a spike in CPU usage whenever the IRs are recalculated, once an IR is obtained there can be less CPU usage. Of course, an IR needs to exist for the system, and many systems of interest do not meet this requirement.

I do agree that usually people measure IRs and that this would not be physical modelling. My point is that there is more than one way to create an IR, so again your claim goes too far.

Regards,
Dave Clark
You are perfectly right.
Good luck with the infinite tail and modulation though :p
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Thanks for your concern, but it's worked very well, in fact. In my opinion, there are far more important things to worry about.

On my machine 2010 Mac Pro 12-core 3GHz, Logic X, the tails of Plate crackle. why and how to prevent? :phones:

fmr wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 amAnd I think you should get a better designer for the GUIs too.
I actually prefer the simple, clear styling of the PA gui :shrug:

crash on loading in all my daws
W10 x64 1703
are AVX instructions needed ? i have i7-950 which haven't ....
case opened

otristan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:20 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:12 pm Nice to see the Dev drop by to answer a query and ignore my issue :tu:
I usually read couple of last messages but honestly didn't see your message.
Usually I would advise to try the synchronise option of the iLok licence manager.
If you have still some trouble, it's best to contact Pace directly unfortunately.
I contacted both iLok and UVI.

iLok have since replied and said the issue needs to be fixed by UVI.

No reply from UVI yet.

Whats the policy concerning a timeframe to respond to customer issues?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:12 pm Nice to see the Dev drop by to answer a query and ignore my issue :tu:
Usually I would advise to try the synchronise option of the iLok licence manager.
If you have still some trouble, it's best to contact Pace directly unfortunately.

No reply from UVI yet.

they've always been reasonably quick in my experience - I'd send another email after 48 hours. I guess the main thing is to have enough time with the demo to get the discount if you decide to buy

woggle wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 pm

No reply from UVI yet.

they've always been reasonably quick in my experience - I'd send another email after 48 hours. I guess the main thing is to have enough time with the demo to get the discount if you decide to buy
Thanks, Im really keen to play with this for myself.
Feel Like Im locked out of the playground looking in!

@VariKusBrainZ if you haven’t done it yet, please let us know your iLok account, it’s maybe a matter of reseting the demo for some reason that I don’t know of. We will only be able to check on Monday though. Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

lxegs wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:13 pm crash on loading in all my daws
W10 x64 1703
are AVX instructions needed ? i have i7-950 which haven't ....
case opened
No AVX required.
We have SSE version as well.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

No AVX required.
We have SSE version as well.
ok thx

i opened a case, will wait

otristan wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:09 am @VariKusBrainZ if you haven’t done it yet, please let us know your iLok account, it’s maybe a matter of reseting the demo for some reason that I don’t know of. We will only be able to check on Monday though. Thanks !
Thanks

Anybody having trouble with antivirus software detecting some files infected? My Malewarebytes thing seems to go nuts and report 5 different files from the UVI Plate install as malicious.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:02 am Anybody having trouble with antivirus software detecting some files infected? My Malewarebytes thing seems to go nuts and report 5 different files from the UVI Plate install as malicious.
I thought this was normal these days, every other program I install causes Avast to send a report and everytime its false positive. I just click on through and install anyway.

I usually install or update at least one program a day.

Return to “Effects”