Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.4.0 update with new features

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Ghislain2b
KVRer
26 posts since 23 Nov, 2014 from France

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Feature request : Manuel, please can you add on arpeggiator and sequencers an option to get the new played note on the next beat or the next measure. :pray:

tapiodmitriyevich
KVRist
328 posts since 15 Jan, 2017 from 127.0.0.1

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 am

With Studio One, no problem, but sometimes I need to run FL Studio. Avenger is very laggy there. Especially, when bringing it to fron (small delay, but OK) and then closing it. FL leaves the window borders open for like 8+ seconds, Avenger GUI already removed, white contents. Then closes. Not always, but often. CPU spikes. Now I wanted to change MIDI in/out port via the FL instrument setting page, clicked it in the top bar... >10 seconds of white,.
EDIT: Open/Close is a problem. Closing it gives me 10-20 seconds of waiting, and no CPU spikes according to process explorer.
Avenger is on SSD and it's a Core i7 2600k. No problem in S1. Anyone?

godly
KVRian
792 posts since 22 May, 2013 from Gent, Belgium

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:48 am

New skin :)
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

MrM777
KVRist
81 posts since 5 May, 2016

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:36 am

Hi Manuel,

I'm crazy about VPS Avenger, you've got a real winner here. :tu:

Feature Request:

I was wondering if you can add an exponential speed behavior to the ENV+SEQ+MOD mode in the wavetable editor. Something that allows us to create a nonlinear rate of repeat for the envelope instances, maybe even control it with a curve.

VPS Avenger Wavetable Editor.jpg

If you're familiar with iZotope's BreakTweaker which is sadly no longer being updated. This happens to be one of its unique functionalities, to this day.

BT Editor.jpg

I do hope to see this flexibility within Avenger soon. And while you're at it, would you please offer the same functionality within the other envelop modes, since they offer multiple instances?

Wishing you ever more success.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

msvs
KVRian
1220 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:07 am

I was wondering if you can add an exponential speed behavior to the ENV+SEQ+MOD mode in the wavetable editor. Something that allows us to create a nonlinear rate of repeat for the envelope instances, maybe even control it with a curve.
I think you can already do that with Avengers mighty Mod Matrix.
use a Mod Envelope on the Speed Parameter. You can bend it in whatever direction

MrM777
KVRist
81 posts since 5 May, 2016

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 am

Wouldn't it be more elegant/practical if we could do it per step, with a curve or even a bipolar "Tension" knob like BreakTweaker? (see video below)

Imagine the potential to easily achieve such cool sonic possibilities. When you think about it, the drum sequencer can also benefit from this approach for another repeat mode.

So many users are holding on to BT for this one capability, despite its many shortcomings and heavy CPU load.

If you have a little time, I'd invite you to check out this BT video to see/hear what I mean. Especially the Micro Editor at 2:50

https://youtu.be/ErVxMz5tVek

Thank you for considering this.

sacer
KVRist
390 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:09 am

The Micro Editor of BT was a killer Feature, it was very Pity that they had not enabled the microeditor via midi.

Ghislain2b
KVRer
26 posts since 23 Nov, 2014 from France

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:35 am

Ghislain2b wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:21 pm
Feature request : Manuel, please can you add on arpeggiator and sequencers an option to get the new played note on the next beat or the next measure. :pray:
Up. :wink:

msvs
KVRian

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:56 am

I am not sure I understand that with the Arp note

sircuit
KVRian
528 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:50 am

MrM777 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:36 am
I was wondering if you can add an exponential speed behavior to the ENV+SEQ+MOD mode in the wavetable editor.
Are you aware of the Steps knob? Can help in some cases, I will detail in a future post why not quite similar with BreakTweaker.

 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

sircuit
KVRian

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am

msvs wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:56 am
I am not sure I understand that with the Arp note
They want Avenger to receive beat position from daw and sync the arp with it so if someone presses a key too early, the arp will only start at set division offset and will not be out of sync. Problem is, due to daw latency we rather press too late so you'd have to think a "pick-up feature" to sync late key press too.

sircuit
KVRian

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:59 am

msvs wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:07 am
I think you can already do that with Avengers mighty Mod Matrix.
use a Mod Envelope on the Speed Parameter. You can bend it in whatever direction
That function in BTweaker resembles more the Flam option in Drum Sequencer (it also retriggers the note, while the retriggers themselves are spread in an exponetial matter). Avenger (and lots of synts for that matter) lack any type of retrigger except the Arp.

On this note, a modulation source that could be really interesting, would be a new one - something like TRIG ENV, able to be placed after or before the Arp in the hierarchy (both placements can generate interesting results) - made similar with Wavetable's ENV+SQ+MOD but also added the option to retrigger the pressed note on each repeat division of each step according with the set number of repeats. This way you can retrigger plucks, vox cuts, not only sustained notes as is now the case with looping modenvs or step sequencer.

Aditionally, one could implement selective note retriggering - for example by default all retriggers are ON (let's say divisions are colored white from a GUI approach point of view) and double-clicking any division inside a step will cycle through "note retrigger" to "note hold" and "note off" to (different colors for different states).
Last edited by sircuit on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

sircuit
KVRian

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 am

- double -

msvs
KVRian

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:22 am

you could have playing the ARP 1 note, then use the ARP SPEED parameter in the Mod Matrix, which in the end can again be modulated via the Mod Env... the ARP SPEED parameter gets REALLY fast

Return to “Instruments”