LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
cadmium

Oh, you got me at audio rate...but i have to wait for an AU to try. Interested for sure.
No FX is good sometimes. On of the finest and biggest sounds i get from Dagger which is mono and comes with no FX (beside the included saturation/gainstaging)
I mean i like included FX if you can modulate it but mostly i bypass it anyway and replace it with my FX of choice. Polyphonic FX are wonderful as well and are better spread across as any cores as possible.
The demos sounds really nice so far. I love these half digital and half organic timbres.

wrl wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:33 pm I'd love to hear more about this. Which host? I've got a rework of the preset system scheduled for the mid-term (next year, probably Q2). Most synths seem to eschew the VST preset management entirely, but if people use those functions then I'll see about keeping them in.

Thanks for the kind words all around!
oh, I'm one of the few Kore 2 survivors in here. while it can import, that is actually the only way to access the patches when a vst has no integrated browser, as it has no per-instance preset selector. however, because of how the demo works, external preset management doesn't work, so I had to check out the patches in ableton for now. but it looks like I'd be able to make a quite nice control template... but, I'd need an automation parameter on the filter type selector, please.

Softube has the best of both worlds: fxp import support and modern onboard browser at the same time. not that I like their silly looking browser... just saying :wink:
Last edited by acYm on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Randolph wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm I've been using this synth for... a few years now. It's a f**king monster, and it's quite unique.
I thought it was just released? Were you a beta tester?

Cinebient wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:58 pm Oh, you got me at audio rate...but i have to wait for an AU to try. Interested for sure.
No FX is good sometimes. On of the finest and biggest sounds i get from Dagger which is mono and comes with no FX (beside the included saturation/gainstaging)
I mean i like included FX if you can modulate it but mostly i bypass it anyway and replace it with my FX of choice. Polyphonic FX are wonderful as well and are better spread across as any cores as possible.
The demos sounds really nice so far. I love these half digital and half organic timbres.
AU coming real soon (later this year or January 2019). VST2 was the widest platform/host support so that had to come first. You make a good point about using in-plugin modulation for the FX. Gets a little hairy with polyphony but there could be some interesting approaches there.

There are definitely some fun organic sounds in there – my personal favourites in that vein are the "WRL Hollow/Hollower/Hollowest Lead" ones. Love using them for chord stabs.
owner/operator LHI Audio

Cinebient wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:58 pm Oh, you got me at audio rate...but i have to wait for an AU to try. Interested for sure.
Curve 2 is another with no FX. :)

Examigan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 pm
Robert Randolph wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm I've been using this synth for... a few years now. It's a f**king monster, and it's quite unique.
I thought it was just released? Were you a beta tester?
Yeah, Robert helped out a ton during testing.
owner/operator LHI Audio

acYm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:09 pmI'd need an automation parameter on the filter type selector, please.
Quick note that this is a small bug (there's an automation parameter for this, but it's incorrectly signalled to the host when it's being edited in the UI) and will be fixed with the next update.
owner/operator LHI Audio

ah, indeed I'm able to map the param by fishing it out of the list and it works.
let's see... what about the LR / MS switches, they don't seem to register either, and I can't see entries for it, though I can only see the first 64 params, could be it's further down.

whoa, this sounds awesome. But seems a bit barebones? Love some of the pad presets and the bass sounds are strong. Hopefully this will be a long term development, so I'll keep an eye out.
<List your stupid gear here>

For a 1.0 this is absolutely spectacular, looking at it reminds me why I have high standards for softsynths. Not sure when I'll buy it, but I wish you the best of luck on it's development going forward.

So happy I bought this, it’s unlike any other soft synth I own.
Congratulations on a truly unique instrument!

Very interesting synth. I have some weird behavior in Reaper or I just don't understand something.

When I set init to polyphony, there's always sound like stuck keys or something but the sound goes away when I pull down the sustain from ENV1. Also if I set init to mono, the sound disappears but suddenly amp doesn't follow ENV1 but gate (ie sound goes on/off).

I almost always turn off all the effects on a synth anyhow.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Does it support MPE or voice per channel mode?
This is the first question I ask for any synth...

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 am Very interesting synth. I have some weird behavior in Reaper or I just don't understand something.

When I set init to polyphony, there's always sound like stuck keys or something but the sound goes away when I pull down the sustain from ENV1. Also if I set init to mono, the sound disappears but suddenly amp doesn't follow ENV1 but gate (ie sound goes on/off).
Very odd, and could indeed be stuck keys. Can you reproduce this from an empty REAPER session? And, if so, can you send the steps you took (along with which OS you're running on and whether you're using 32 or 64 bit) to support@lhiaudio.com? Either way, I'll see if I can reproduce this as well.
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:35 am Does it support MPE or voice per channel mode?
This is the first question I ask for any synth...
Not yet, but it's on the list. Can't provide any insight on priority or schedule just yet but if more folks start asking for it I'll bump it up.
owner/operator LHI Audio

Return to “Instruments”