Best new vst you have tried?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fathom is a pretty incredible synth!

BYOME for an effect looks like it will be very fun! Haven't demoed it yet as I am waiting for a price!

I am having endless fun exploring Bazille, Repro 1/5, Zebra 2, and Hive. Hive is probably the "best" because it is easier for me to understand as I am just getting out of preset hunting and learning the details of synthesis.

Oh, and Harmor. I love adding a random WAV or a picture and seeing what I can do with it!

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:06 pm If something impress you enough to make you think buying it,please share your thoughts.Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jg0Z_czRA
Hands down "DUNE 3" I've had it booted up all day it f**king rocks.. that's all for now :tu:

Cool news - i know it's not fair to ask but is it the GUI same in v.3 ?

Wild so many people are hyped on strobe 2. I decided earlier this week I I'm going to put it up for sale in the marketplace. I guess since I don't have the seaboard I'm missing a big part of the magic.

rob_lee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 pm
Hands down "DUNE 3" I've had it booted up all day it f**king rocks.. that's all for now :tu:
Dune 3??? Hmm. Interesting. Beta?

obviously

UA Byome is the first plugin to get my attention for a while. Patiently waiting for price/sales info ...

Nleif wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:31 pm Wild so many people are hyped on strobe 2. I decided earlier this week I I'm going to put it up for sale in the marketplace. I guess since I don't have the seaboard I'm missing a big part of the magic.
I don't have one either, but I find FXpansion's modulation system still makes it more expressive and flexible than just about anything else out there. It's all about that modulation system. I honestly think you could bolt it to any sound generator and still come out with a masterpiece. It's kind of underselling it calling it a 'modulation system' really, cos the vast majority of things it offers aren't things you'd associate with modulation (e.g. constructing custom, context dependent unison schemes, to pull an example from the air).

Sorry to hear you didn't get on with it, but like any synth it's all a matter of whether it clicks with you. No point in working with something that looks good on paper when you can work with something you really feel.

I agree with the Thorn and Europa suggestions. For the styles of music I make (prog house/techno/trance), their quick attack basses are ideal. There’s just something about them that cut through perfectly.

On the effect side, Fab Filter Pro-L 2 is just phenomenal, and I’m not really a Fab Filer fanboi. It’s just so versatile and powerful yet easy to use and the new metering system has really simplified things for me.

BYOME is a ton of fun.

Thorn
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

LVC-Audio OMPre

Sweet as a nut, instantly taken back to the 1970's, yes Sir!
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

low_low wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:14 pm Europa was new to me, and it's a lot of fun to use.
Thinking about getting that one myself!

Vember Audio - Surge
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/surge-by-vember-audio

I picked up on it when it went FREE and open source (recently). Very nice and very versatile. Amongst other things because of its a very versatile oscillator section. But it has many more very useful features.

Last edited by Kwurqx on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotta be Sylenth :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”