LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
cadmium

+1 for mpe !
Best
YY

I enjoy the demo. A nice concept but too much of a niche sound for me too part with 100 euro's.

Also needs an fx section.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stefken wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 pm I enjoy the demo. A nice concept but too much of a niche sound for me too part with 100 euro's.

I can get along without FX, but it wouldn’t hurt to have a basic delay and/or reverb.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:44 pm What does west coast mean with regards to electronic sound?
Don Buchla = West coast
Bob Moog = East coast

Basically.

"West coast" synthesis usually relies more on adding more harmonics to a simple signal like a sine wave via phase distortion, phase modulation, waveshaping etc, instead of the usual "east coast" subtractive method of removing harmonics from a signal via a filter.

Examigan wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:26 pm
Stefken wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 pm I enjoy the demo. A nice concept but too much of a niche sound for me too part with 100 euro's.

I can get along without FX, but it wouldn’t hurt to have a basic delay and/or reverb.
IMO the sound benefits a lot from processing, so FX would make this a lot more complete a synth.
Sure, you can work with insert FX but you cannot integrate that into a preset.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very interesting sound, especially growling basses and leads! Also, with extra effects, I managed to have electric guitar sound...

Bought! :D

I think I have a Cadmium deficiency! :hihi:

Tried the Demo and it 'poof!' crashes Reaper, crashes Mulab and in VSTHost no picture or sound, with a long list of exceptions! :(

Windows 7, 32-bit, 4 Gb, AMD Radeon HD 6700

ZeePok wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:24 pm  
I think I have a Cadmium deficiency! :hihi:

Tried the Demo and it 'poof!' crashes Reaper, crashes Mulab and in VSTHost no picture or sound, with a long list of exceptions! :(

Windows 7, 32-bit, 4 Gb, AMD Radeon HD 6700
Whoa! Does the crash happen immediately when adding Cadmium, or does it happen when opening the UI?
owner/operator LHI Audio

Reaper and Mulab crash after adding the plugin, but they always automatically open the GUI. VSTHost didn't crash. It's 'info' window said it stopped processing the plugin and showed a long list of exceptions.

Alright, I'll see if I can reproduce. If possible, could you send the list of exceptions that VSTHost produces to support@lhiaudio.com?
owner/operator LHI Audio

Will do! :)

Hey all, just released 1.0.2. This is a small bug-fix release covering a few small issues:
  • Fixed knobs improperly signalling edit state to the host. This would manifest in cases like double-clicking to reset a parameter and the host not highlighting the parameter in question.
  • Fixed radiobars (like "filter type" or "polyphony mode") not signalling edit state to the host. This led to hosts not highlighting these parameters as they were edited in the UI.
  • A few new patches from Fen and b.trx!
  • Windows fixes:
    • Fixed "disappearing" parts of the UI with AMD GPUs.
      Thanks to Joshua Wade and Starthief for reporting!
Demo download links have been updated, and those with a license should re-download Cadmium from their purchase confirmation email.

Onto AU support and CPU reduction now :)
owner/operator LHI Audio

Right after Creative Intent Tantrum introduces me to phase distortion...Cadmium.

While the price does not per se, put me off, the price plus the fact that it’s the first product from a new, unproven company kind of does make me hesitant. I’ll have to demo against Bazille in any case.

Is that an intro price?

Return to “Instruments”