UVI Plate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

otristan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:30 am 1.0.3 is online. It fixes crashes that happens on mac/pc related to preset loading.

Thanks for all the report !
I though that pc crashing was fixed in the ver. 1.0.2 (as mentioned in this thread earlier).
When the ver. 1.0.2 demo crashed immediately my Win 10/i7/Live DAW,
my interpretation was "dump it" (in addition that the GUI was less impressive, and the sound hard and dead) . The decision was made.

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:09 pm The decision was made.
Same here. Botched. Next.

Since I can get Liquidsonics Illusion for about the same price I think I will put my $ towards that instead of Plate since Plate doens't work anyway. What a joke. :phones:

tough crowd tough crowd

my initial demo time the day of release was kind of exciting, but i got in another few minutes with Plate this morning, and I'm all but completely over it. now the demo download keeps failing on me, and i need to start the whole thing again.
I think this whole episode has just made me realise how much i love all my OTHER reverbs :P

One thing I've learned about plugins is not to rush purchase - they will always be there and there are always sales and 2nd hand. And, most important, the prices always go down. If I don't own Plate today, I can own it in a year for probably $40-50. The plugin world has taught me patience through the incentive of saving money. :phones:

otristan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:30 am 1.0.3 is online. It fixes crashes that happens on mac/pc related to preset loading.

1.03 does not solve the long-tail crackle (2010 Mac Pro, 12-core, Sierra, Logic X). Ok. I'm done. Good luck. :phones:

Patience? Saving money?

Sorry, that kind of attitude won't fly around here. :uhuhuh:
A well-behaved signature.

plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:47 pm

1.03 does not solve the long-tail crackle (2010 Mac Pro, 12-core, Sierra, Logic X). Ok. I'm done. Good luck. :phones:
Great, I hope we don't have to read your posts here again...

plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Something we were not able to reproduce so far. Don't hesitate to send me some info if you are interested in getting this fixed.

Thanks !

Regarding the demo, you can reuse the download link from the previous demo email AFAIK
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:09 pm

I though that pc crashing was fixed in the ver. 1.0.2 (as mentioned in this thread earlier).
When the ver. 1.0.2 demo crashed immediately my Win 10/i7/Live DAW,
my interpretation was "dump it" (in addition that the GUI was less impressive, and the sound hard and dead) . The decision was made.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you change your mind and are interested in getting this fixed.

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 am
bmanic wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:02 am Anybody having trouble with antivirus software detecting some files infected? My Malewarebytes thing seems to go nuts and report 5 different files from the UVI Plate install as malicious.
I thought this was normal these days, every other program I install causes Avast to send a report and everytime its false positive. I just click on through and install anyway.

I usually install or update at least one program a day.
The problem is that the daily scan of malwarebytes is triggered every time. Guess I just have to whitelist those specific files.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:48 pm Patience? Saving money?

Sorry, that kind of attitude won't fly around here. :uhuhuh:
:hihi:

@otristan thanks, 1.03 works great so far here. No crashes.

Is there a possible way to improve how the plugin seems to precalculate something after you changed something in the graphs? Here, it will immediately result in short crackles (it is no show stopper but not nice either), I guess because all cores are used or so? What if you leave one core free? Wild assumptions....

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:04 pm @otristan thanks, 1.03 works great so far here. No crashes.

Is there a possible way to improve how the plugin seems to precalculate something after you changed something in the graphs? Here, it will immediately result in short crackles (it is no show stopper but not nice either), I guess because all cores are used or so? What if you leave one core free? Wild assumptions....
Surely there is a way to do so. But the computational requirements to do that in real-time are enormous ... Every time you change a parameter in the plate, the algorithm has to compute the parameter set for the new plate: this includes thousands of eigenfrequencies, and thousands of weight coefficients for the I/O pickups. The loss coefficients represent an exception, because a change in the losses does not entail a change in the eigenfrequencies or in the geometry of the plate. However in UVI Plate the CPU usage seems to escalate when the losses are changed in real time (at least it does so in version 1.0, which is the one I tested, in Logic X) ...

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:04 pm @otristan thanks, 1.03 works great so far here. No crashes.

Cool.
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:04 pm Is there a possible way to improve how the plugin seems to precalculate something after you changed something in the graphs? Here, it will immediately result in short crackles (it is no show stopper but not nice either), I guess because all cores are used or so? What if you leave one core free? Wild assumptions....
The precompute is using a single low priority thread, so there should be some free core for the rendering to work fine.
Still it depends which core is used by the system to assign this new thread and the overall cpu load on your system. Not much we can do about it besides improving the precomputing code itself which is already in pretty good shape AFAIK.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

If you received the $15 dollar voucher from the Big Fish Audio newsletter you can use it to bring UVI Plate down to $64 until intro price ends today

Return to “Effects”