Humanoid Sound Systems (Enzyme et al) RIP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Emailed to me...
Humanoid Sound Systems Is Shutting Its Doors

To our valued users, who have made this journey possible...

We regret to inform you that Humanoid Sound Systems Limited will be shutting down after 11 years of delivering unique and innovative music software and sounds to the world. This shutdown will take place on the 10th of November 2018. We will continue to offer our products for purchase until then and we will also offer renewed download emails for anyone who requires them up until that date. However, we cannot make any further updates to the software.

We thank you for all your support over the years.

Kind regards,

The Humanoids

I never got around to buying Enzyme, but I've always been intrigued by it. This is sad to hear.

They should release or sell the source for enzyme, so it could live on as a modern plugin/series of plugins.

One of the very few scanned synthesis VSTs .

A legend
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Were they too lazy to email their customers?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I got the email too. Last time i interacted with them they said there were future plans for Enzyme fixing compatibility issues. I guess these won't happen now.

I believe the devs joined Apple as part of the CamelAudio team so maybe this will resurface in some form as part of Logic in the future.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:46 am Were they too lazy to email their customers?
I got the email, and I'm not even a customer :scared:

It came through 'Promotions' in Gmail, so maybe check your filters.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:55 am
Aloysius wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:46 am Were they too lazy to email their customers?
I got the email, and I'm not even a customer :scared:

It came through 'Promotions' in Gmail, so maybe check your filters.
I got the email too, maybe yours is still in the aether
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks for confirming. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I got the email, it is the first one I remember seeing from them.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I had their instrument in the past , they are very good and unique but too much instable , crash daw all the time..

Damn, why had i never heard about this company? Enzyme looks rad.

Got the email this morning too. I remember being super excited about Scanned Synth Pro because I thought it would be a more complete version of Mdsp's ScanSynth. Unfortunately, for me, it never really felt as alive as the Mdsp one. After a few PC upgrades I just stopped installing it and when Enzyme came out I didn't bother to upgrade. Still sad to see it go. It was definitely unique. :(

Sad. I got the player version of Enzyme which is pretty cool.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I’ve been a user since Scanned Synth. I still remember being impressed by the early prototype video showing scanning of a spring network in three-dimensional space and thinking he was onto something special. That sort of approach still isn’t very common. I’m disappointed to see Enzyme go, but I wish them the best in their future endeavors.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”