Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

Jussi would be so much cooler if you could load your own moanings

Local Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm I'm still very appreciative of these freebies, but it seems like the quality of the offers has been going down for awhile....
not if you're into soundpacks, which i'm not, but it could never be R2s forever...

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:28 pm
mister-rz wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm Focusrite sister company novation has just started something similar and is calling it sound collective, focusing on instruments. First freebie is klevgrand baervaag and 50% off jussi.
Bought Jussi as a result but without demoing
What a disappointment
I like vocal libraries and was excited when jussi popped up, but the sound demo's never grabbed me, so I passed it up. Spitfire audio has just released a choir set for their free labs plugin, only has 1 sustained choir patch tho, could help with the gutted feeling, or maybe not :hihi:

Debutante wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:01 am
Local Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm I'm still very appreciative of these freebies, but it seems like the quality of the offers has been going down for awhile....
not if you're into soundpacks, which i'm not, but it could never be R2s forever...
True. The R2 thing set the expectations way too high (even though I should be a reasonable enough person to know better).
I'm not into sound packs at all but some of these seem like they could be pretty cool. Especially the chromaphone stuff. Very unique sounding and good for me because I don't have chromaphone so this is a way to get some of those textures on the AAS player.

Local Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm I'm still very appreciative of these freebies, but it seems like the quality of the offers has been going down for awhile.
I think some developers may be staying away after seeing Exponential Audio's customers get all bent out of shape about the R2 offer.
It was evident from the beginning that there will be a mix of regular low quality stuff with some occasional highlights thrown in. That's just the nature of the program. And there have been some great freebies like R2, Eventide 2016 Stereo Room, D16 Syntorus and Sigmund.

Unfortunately Exponential Audio customer relations have always been totally autistic so they brought it on themselves. It's was also not the first time they managed to treat people like total scum.

So I doubt it has had any effect on other developers. I'm sure smart developers like Eventide have seen good return on their giveaway. I doubt many people would buy their new reverb for full price, but a lot of people have jumped on it because they got the free 2016 Stereo Room that qualifies you for 29$ crossgrade.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!

I've always liked these AAS sound-banks. I have a few from the xmas giveaways. Happy to add to the collection with these :tu:

I noticed that any time EA do upgrade sales, unlike Eventide, they specifically exclude the R2 from the FPC from the upgrade path.

shonky wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:12 am I noticed that any time EA do upgrade sales, unlike Eventide, they specifically exclude the R2 from the FPC from the upgrade path.
Huh? I just got $100 off of R4 by cashing in my now-rather-old FPC R2. Very happy.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 am
shonky wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:12 am I noticed that any time EA do upgrade sales, unlike Eventide, they specifically exclude the R2 from the FPC from the upgrade path.
Huh? I just got $100 off of R4 by cashing in my now-rather-old FPC R2. Very happy.
I only really check when they're doing discounts on upgrades so maybe they only exclude them from further discount. Anyway, enjoy your R4 :wink:

strange it is not showing up in my account? anything special you need to have?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Starts on Nov. 6th, so be patient.

oh sorry, i missed this info :D! thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

shonky wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:38 am
I only really check when they're doing discounts on upgrades so maybe they only exclude them from further discount. Anyway, enjoy your R4 :wink:
They have offered the original discount a couple times, and they still maintain an upgrade path to
R4 from the freebie. I'm guessing a discounted upgrade probably still has a chance of reappearing.

Pretty pleased with the upcoming AAS packs :tu:

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:30 pm I thought it was the owner of Exponential Audio that got bent out of shape. He got upset that people who don't have an ilok2 (and thus couldn't use the software) wanted to get rid of their licenses. Most companies would be like, "meh. ok" but he was vocally unhappy about it.
That's a nice way of putting it. He overreacted about it and acted like a giant f*cking tool. :roll:

Return to “Effects”