Humanoid Sound Systems (Enzyme et al) RIP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sad to see the company go, i still use and love Scanned Synth Pro and Enzyme. proper rowdy synths

I wanted to buy Enzyme after using CM versino.
In this case, should I buy for license or give up for not updating in the future?

You should buy it now before they go offline in a couple days. I own a license for Enzyme, I have for years. It's got an amazing randomize function. Some timbres were amazing for pads/plucks, while others were great for bass/leads. The percussive possibilities were great, some of the atonal randomizations were completely unique and very usable. The Gui is an acquired taste, but it works just fine. I was hoping Humanoid Systems would produce more products and continue refining their synthesis trchniques. Times are tough.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Too bad they're not doing a going-out-of-business firesale. I might buy Enzyme if the price was good enough. But $80 for something that's no longer supported...eh
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Enzyme is a raw beast. Love it. Sad to see them done. Drat.

At least Humanoid are leaving in style.

I had lost my Activator soundset for Enzyme and the download had expired. After a couple of hours, I got a nice return email and the download were refreshed. I wish them luck in their next venture!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

How does it affect on license for using Enzyme commercially? If it closing down Im still unsure if I need to buy it

Sad to hear they're closing.

Enzyme is a really interesting and unique looking synth. I didn't spend a lot of time with the demo because I can't save and was waiting for a sale, since it had been offered at 50% off in the past. Checking my inbox I haven't had any emails since I subscribed to the mailing list, other than this one saying they're closing.

Seems like the plugins haven't been updated since 2014 so I'm guessing they're making a clear decision announcement instead of fading away and leaving customers wondering if they'll get an update or not.

Now I need to decide whether to buy it for full price, or stick with the player version. I would definitely buy them if they were 50% off. It does seem unique, I'm not sure if there's any alternative synths?

Got the email too, really is a shame. Very unique and cool synth.

Have to agree that it's odd to keep selling it at full price when it'll be completely unsupported in a few days.

But good on them for reaching out to customers so they can do a final download if they want.

With those GUI's it's not surprising.
No signature here!

Bummer. They were trying to do something different.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I hope the key works if you change machines. Would be ashamed to have it stop working...not that it gets much attention. Cool idea for a synth but a very raw beast for sure.

eh....i really liked scanned synth pro...which is why i bought enzyme. worst vst purchase ever. i hate the thing. it seems like something right up my alley....raw, obnoxious, mechanical sounding...but nope. it just mostly sounds annoying. and that random patch generator....dont seem that random to me. everything sounds pretty much the same....just metal on metal scraping....and not in a good way.

so no, im not really sorry to see them go...i mean id hardly even notice...its not like they kept making new stuff...or even kept up maintaining the old stuff. that email they sent me was like the only time i heard form them in however many years it was since i bought the thing. my biggest disappointment with this....no possibility of enzyme getting some kind of update...maybe make it more interesting....not that i was expecting that anyway.
ImageImageImage

what are the main differences between scaned synth pro and enzyme ?

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:53 pm With those GUI's it's not surprising.
funny, i love their GUI's

Return to “Instruments”