Eventide SP2016 Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

D.K Envelope wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:20 pm but for drums is a no go sound very bad on drums even free verbs sounds better against this
I must be doing something wrong, because I like it on drums and percussive material.

urosh wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:47 pm
D.K Envelope wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:20 pm but for drums is a no go sound very bad on drums even free verbs sounds better against this
I must be doing something wrong, because I like it on drums and percussive material.
I didn’t want to say anything but yeah me too.

D.K Envelope wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:20 pm put a drum sample in your daw and increase the position knob on the sp 2016
what your hear is the truth
very bad sounding on the transients
but for vocal is good and string samples
but for drums is a no go sound very bad on drums even free verbs sounds better against this
Although I am interested to here what reverb you think is best for percussion.

I’ve been generally dissatisfied with reverbs. SP2016 I found very easy to blend in with the source.

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:55 pm I didn’t want to say anything but yeah me too.
My guess is that people these days are used to very detailed, realistic verbs. 2016 sounds weird or synthetic or sparse by comparison, but I'm like "buddy, it works like a charm in a mix for me".

After playing around with the SP2016 and comparing it to other reverbs, I have decided to pronounce this the best reverb ever made. Beats easily all the other reverbs mentioned in this thread.
No signature here!

^ :hihi:

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 am After playing around with the SP2016 and comparing it to other reverbs, I have decided to pronounce this the best reverb ever made. Beats easily all the other reverbs mentioned in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=407106

urosh wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 am
perpetual3 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:55 pm I didn’t want to say anything but yeah me too.
My guess is that people these days are used to very detailed, realistic verbs. 2016 sounds weird or synthetic or sparse by comparison, but I'm like "buddy, it works like a charm in a mix for me".

I don't think it sounds weird or synthetic... I read something along the lines of Tony Agnello saying he (due to limited ressources) didn't try to make a real room but instead rather a believable one...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am
robotmonkey wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:55 am After playing around with the SP2016 and comparing it to other reverbs, I have decided to pronounce this the best reverb ever made. Beats easily all the other reverbs mentioned in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=407106
:lol:
No signature here!

D.K Envelope wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:20 pm put a drum sample in your daw and increase the position knob on the sp 2016
what your hear is the truth
very bad sounding on the transients
but for vocal is good and string samples
but for drums is a no go sound very bad on drums even free verbs sounds better against this
That's funny, your alter-ago dmoll loved it.

Looking to buy this, PM me if you’re selling.

Edit: bought.
Last edited by simmo75 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:36 pm Looking to buy this, PM me if you’re selling.
How much are you willing to pay? Retail is $249.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:57 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:36 pm Looking to buy this, PM me if you’re selling.
$201,6 ?

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:08 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:57 pm
$201,6 ?
That's a fair price.

Also, mine is like new, practically never used. I think that I only loaded it up once or twice on a brand new computer to compare it to the older plugin then I put it away. It's been stored in a smoke-free ilok dongle ever since.

urosh wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 am
How it it sounds solo doesn't matter. It's how it works in a mix that matters. I use it on drums :phones:

Return to “Effects”