Why Are the Linux Versions of U-He Products Hidden On the U-He Web Page

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lunardigs wrote: The main advantage of Jack vs. stand-alone ALSA is that you can chain together audio apps and even audio interfaces--across networks (TCP/IP) as well, it's nuts.
jackd makes using just one daw app seem like jail-time.
They'll never take me alive! :hihi:

Yeah, ripping FOSS is all the rage.
... and don't forget Webkit :ud:

glokraw wrote:The linux-port developer has also chosen a new spot to communicate: https://www.reddit.com/r/UheOnLinux
I would vastly have preferred a sub forum here, finally after all these years I created an account on KVR just to be able to post regarding the beta. Now I'm gonna have to create a reddit account too...:S

Reddit is probably also not the first place a user would search for info regarding the betas.

IMO best would have been a sticky post with only links to the various builds, and then a subforum for discussions.

lunardigs wrote:Nonetheless, it's seem you have bit of practical ALSA and Ardour experience ahead of you before diving too much deeper here.

Does all this make sense so far? I can clarify anything that sounds weird.
Well, today I gave it a try with Jack again, and my hair turned grey again ;)

I already have some recording experiences in other daws and on other systems. And as far as my Linux adventure goes, I'm already busy for 4 years with that. Tried UbuntuStudio and Guitarinux aswel before.

The troubleshooting started all over again, thanks to Jack:
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph ... 982#p90982

Maybe I'll leave it with ALSA, that works out of the box ^^
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

Jack Winter wrote:
glokraw wrote:The linux-port developer has also chosen a new spot to communicate: https://www.reddit.com/r/UheOnLinux
I would vastly have preferred a sub forum here, finally after all these years I created an account on KVR just to be able to post regarding the beta. Now I'm gonna have to create a reddit account too...:S

Reddit is probably also not the first place a user would search for info regarding the betas.

IMO best would have been a sticky post with only links to the various builds, and then a subforum for discussions.
That would be my first choice, too, but I don't think anything is carved in stone.

Reading between the lines, while not knowing anyone personally,
having just one part-time developer juggling limited hours
with an increasing number and diversity of kvr posts, and some
crucial decisions for gui coding to implement, the developers
move to reddit might help his work, although I suspect enough of
the in-laws and relatives will show up, and replicate the
previous situation, rather than improve on it. If U-he decide
the linux venture is worthwhile for the long run,
things might change towards your suggestion.
Cheers

also, i wish the OP would edit the title of this topic, something like
'Sourcing Download Links For Linux Versions Of U-he Products'

and update link locations in the first post as they become available.

So what is the current state of the Linux versions?

Now we have more than a dozen threads scattered over two different platforms and I have no idea anymore about what information is available and where it can be found.

lunardigs wrote: ↑Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm
bulevardi, take a look at this http://moddevices.com/
Still have some interest in the Mod Duo, though.
The Line 6 pocked pod isn't convincing me all the way right now.
For distortion I get a pretty good sound, but for clean I cannot get a good jazzy vibe, and I'm looking for a nice fuzzy tone too, but cannot seem to get what I want with it, yet.

However, the pocked pod is quite limited, and I'm still busy for a couple of hours finetuning sounds. While there's only one delay/chorus/distortion option to make your combinations.

I'm wondering how long I would be puzzling with the Mod Duo, where you have 30 delay stomps, 30 distortion stomps, and so on ... endless combinations... If you have to get through all of them to find your tone of preference, we're not done yet. I'll be retired when I found the right combination.
Don't know if that would be good for me and my scarce spare time...
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

bulevardi wrote: ↑Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:55 pm
lunardigs wrote: ↑Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm
bulevardi, take a look at this http://moddevices.com/
Still have some interest in the Mod Duo, though.
The Line 6 pocked pod isn't convincing me all the way right now.
For distortion I get a pretty good sound, but for clean I cannot get a good jazzy vibe, and I'm looking for a nice fuzzy tone too, but cannot seem to get what I want with it, yet.

However, the pocked pod is quite limited, and I'm still busy for a couple of hours finetuning sounds. While there's only one delay/chorus/distortion option to make your combinations.

I'm wondering how long I would be puzzling with the Mod Duo, where you have 30 delay stomps, 30 distortion stomps, and so on ... endless combinations... If you have to get through all of them to find your tone of preference, we're not done yet. I'll be retired when I found the right combination.
Don't know if that would be good for me and my scarce spare time...
Well, so far in my experience (having owned a DUO for a ~year), I've marked a bunch of stuff as my favorites and I primarily build "pedalboards" from there. When I want to explore, I play with the other options, or swap stuff out in my existing patches (pedalboards). In general, I'd say it's a boon, not a distraction that there's a wide variety of plug-ins.

Also, the 'community pedalboard sharing' aspect makes things very interesting here, because, naturally, other's are trying and sharing things which may not occur to you. moddevices has made loading & sharing pedalboards very easy and intuitive too. The creative well is deep here, the distractions are minimized and I seem to be making good use of my DUO thus far.

If I could have one thing though, to beat the whole experience thus far--aside from the various evolutions which should come in due course--it would be a DUO in a 1U rack case with 10 fold the power, plus digital I/Os. This would be a dream. I'd pay like $1.5-2k for such a thing--provided it's awesome.

Return to β€œu-he”