Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:00 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:45 pm I can choose PopRocks and LatinVibes (and nothing else!) for Strum.
I do not own Strum!
WTF!

All banks play in the AAS Player so you don't need to own any of the items!!!

WTF!!

:wink:
Thanks, but I‘m a long time user of AAS products and know this. Strum is IMO the weakest. Irrelevant for me. This offer is ridiculous...
The Plugin Collective has one or two good giveaways a year, the rest are weak AF...

Local Man wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:36 pm So I don't get it, are the selections unique per account?
My list is certainly more than the two items martinjuenke listed but it is not all of the packs available (for example the two I had my eye on, KitNetix and Journeys, are not there).
Strange.
Maybe the number of packs you see is based upon the piece of Focusrite hardware you own? I don't know, I haven't checked it yet.

That said, Journeys is a pretty good pack. I grabbed that a year or so ago, during their Christmas freebie offer.

Steve

UPDATE: I just tried it, and the AAS site shows me 13 packs from which to choose. Anyone who can choose from more or fewer packs may have different Focusrite hardware than I do (the Scarlett 18I8).
Last edited by planetearth on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

OK, so I ended up getting cinémathèque and multiverse. They are both pretty cool. The one thing I wish you could do with the player is turn effects off. Some of these are drenched in some awful sounding reverb (could be other aspects of the sound design giving that effect though I guess). But overall, some very cool sounds and very usable.
And the Swatches pack is a very pleasant surprise! You get a pretty decent sampling of every pack! Tons of cool sounds at your disposal. I am more happy with this give away than I though I would be.

planetearth wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:27 pm
Local Man wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:36 pm So I don't get it, are the selections unique per account?
My list is certainly more than the two items martinjuenke listed but it is not all of the packs available (for example the two I had my eye on, KitNetix and Journeys, are not there).
Strange.
Maybe the number of packs you see is based upon the piece of Focusrite hardware you own? I don't know, I haven't checked it yet.
Nah, that doesn't make any sense. This an offer for Focusrite customers, not AAS customers.

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:41 pm
Strange.
Nah, that doesn't make any sense. This an offer for Focusrite customers, not AAS customers.
Focusrite can set the terms with AAS. They could use "tiers" that would show you codes based upon the hardware you own. If we're all seeing a different number of packs, that's a possibility.

Then again, AAS could be showing you what you don't already have. I noticed that the Journeys and Starlight packs aren't available for me to choose from, which is fine, because I already own them. This is one way of making sure you don't buy the same thing twice. But that would imply that anyone who sees only 3 or 4 packs to choose from already owns most of them, and that doesn't seem to be what's going on.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I was wrong, I see only 13 packs after following through with the code. Sigh...
It's easy if you know how

planetearth wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:45 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:41 pm
Strange.
Focusrite can set the terms with AAS. They could use "tiers" that would show you codes based upon the hardware you own. If we're all seeing a different number of packs, that's a possibility.

Then again, AAS could be showing you what you don't already have. I noticed that the Journeys and Starlight packs aren't available for me to choose from, which is fine, because I already own them. This is one way of making sure you don't buy the same thing twice. But that would imply that anyone who sees only 3 or 4 packs to choose from already owns most of them, and that doesn't seem to be what's going on.

Steve
Sure Focusrite could do that, and you may well be right, but if they did it's stupid IMO. One of the main reasons I picked up a Focusrite unit last year was because of their generous Plugin Collective giveaways that have been the same for everyone. If Focusrite chooses to goes down this road now or in the future, I'm gonna think twice before passing on positive word-of-mouth and I may go back to Presonus for my audio interface needs in the future.

OK, I think there was some confusion. It looks like everyone is seeing the same 13 packs.

I was looking forward to getting the Deadbeat pack, fck my luck.

Local Man wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:46 pm OK, I think there was some confusion. It looks like everyone is seeing the same 13 packs.
No, I see three packs (one more than 3 hours ago). Obviously I have to wait some time to see all packs... :o

Got 'Pop Rocks' (Not spent any real time with it), and 'Masala' ( :love: :o :love: )

Thanks A.A.S :tu:

I got eight packs in my list but I already had a number from Lesha's list.

I‘ll switch to Steinberg Audio Interfaces, it‘s a far more fair deal...

Return to “Effects”