UVI Plate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

Just signed up for big fish audio newsletter but I don't think I'll get it in time for the deadline :(

cjwseven7 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:20 pm
otristan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:39 pm
cjwseven7 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:32 pm Ok, are you able to explain why you chose the material sequence Steel-Gold-Silver-Titanium-Aluminium, like in PA1? These are by no means standard materials for a plate reverb. There are thousands of materials and compounds to choose from. Why those?

Also, the ranges of the control knobs are surprisingly similar to PA1. Why are you letting the area to go up to 6m^2? That's again a non standard size for a plate reverb unit. Same goes for the tension, from 0 to 2000. By the way, I don't think you implemented these features correctly. You don't give physical units on the plate. Also, on your website you are measuring the plate area in metres, not square metres. The tension has no units, which is weird. Also, it is false to claim that the tension raises the frequency of the highest modes ... it should raise the frequency of all the modes, if implemented properly.

There are a number of things that look a little unclear, and I think they would deserve a better explanation.
Harry Truman said once: If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Hopefully this is not what you are trying to do here...

You can contact UVI Plate developer (which is not me) directly through our support channel. He will be happy to answer your questions.

Thanks !
I'm sorry Olivier, but I don't think this is a very satisfying answer. Please understand I am not trying to confuse anyone, let alone the people of this thread. I am pointing out things regarding your product, which are of interest to the end user. Particularly, things on your website that look very unclear, if not wrong, as well as a whole set of very peculiar features which appeared originally on a different plugin, and that show up unchanged here. Physical modeling is a difficult thing, I think it is important to understand what is going on here, for everyone's sake. Any more specific details on the issues I raised will be greatly appreciated!
I produce, develop and release artists on a weekly basis here in Atlanta and I stopped using every piece of software dedicated to producing musical sounds when I started using Falcon and buying all their software. Nothing ever sounded real to me but I was forced to use it because all the stuff was crap. Just a bunch of the same sounds all tweaked differently. Everyone knows that UVI is the best at anything they do. Just ask MOTU.
UVI, DP 9, Waves Mercury Bundle, Studio One, Logic Pro, FL Studio,
Open Labs Neko LX5, Ableton Live

UVI people should never have to go back and forth with tit for tat stuff like this because in the long run people are gonna choose UVI. Period. The interfaces on everything with their name on it looks like a Rose Royce compared to a Honda Accord. Plus it sounds good.
UVI, DP 9, Waves Mercury Bundle, Studio One, Logic Pro, FL Studio,
Open Labs Neko LX5, Ableton Live

I ended up buying Plate. I got a pretty good deal and felt that if I could get UVI to address the tail crackle problem it would still be worth it. This was with the 1.03 demo. After purchase I downloaded again from the download link in my account. Still 1.03 but no more tail crackle! So far its working well. :phones:

sweet! ^
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Well, I take it back. I still get tail crackle even on low quality. I'll contact UVI... :phones:

bummer :hihi: ^
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 am Well, I take it back. I still get tail crackle even on low quality. I'll contact UVI... :phones:
Is this live or rendered or both?

woggle wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 am Well, I take it back. I still get tail crackle even on low quality. I'll contact UVI... :phones:
Render is fine. It does it live. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 am
bummer, sounds like your machine is not handling it ie realtime performance issue. On the upside you can still use it to render out finished work or finished tracks (freeze)

woggle wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 am
bummer, sounds like your machine is not handling it ie realtime performance issue. On the upside you can still use it to render out finished work or finished tracks (freeze)
its a 2010 mac pro 12-core 3GHz. It can usually handle very CPU intensive plugins. Plate was initally working ok and then I started getting tail crackle where it was fine before. I will try rebooting. might be some weird Core Audio thing. Apple's Core Audio sux

UPDATE: Rebooted, stll crackles. UVI support ticket opened. May the force be with me. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:13 am
Apple's Core Audio sux

UPDATE: Rebooted, stll crackles. UVI support ticket opened. May the force be with me. :phones:

If only Apple made enough money to fix those problems /s

good luck with UVI - I've always found them pretty responsive

Version 1.0.4 is online

Changelog:
- Avoid denormal numbers on other multicore threads

Please let us know if some of you still experience unusual CPU issue

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Awesome! Very nice you guys trying to make it perfect. I wish other vendors would check their plugins for denormals... :? I guess you did this for Falcon already?

Edit: Maybe it is useful to add an option to disable multicore usage, too? Since maybe a plugin multicore usage could collide with some DAW's multicore attempts, e.g. freeing one core for the GUI?

Falcon already handle denormals, the issue here was related to the multicore worker threads.
Plate uses an adaptive multicore algorithm so this would not collide with DAW own attempt.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Return to “Effects”