Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:08 pm
zadillo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 pm
mgw38 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 pm I guess what makes me more angry than the situation actually deserves is that I contacted them when they launched V.6. I needed some clarification regarding their intro offer and they made a big deal about the “now or never” statement.
Exactly.

And the reason so many people questioned it is that they really doubted they would never offer a better price.

Yup, didn't believe it for a minute. I held off and am happy I did, purchasing my $99 upgrade now. :tu:
Glad it worked out for you. I'm just disappointed that Arturia's words and guarantees mean nothing

GoldieK wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:58 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 pm does someone know if anyone will offer the $99 arturia upgrade too? or is it a personal arturia offer?
If you hover the mouse over the red Best Price Guarantee next to your upgrade price it states in truncated form "The Price you see here is the best price from Arturia and our Partners. We Guarantee the software will not be available for less in the future".
What does that matter? Why should we trust that guarantee any more than the previous guarantee?

lol to everyone believing marketing bullshits.... really ....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 am lol to everyone believing marketing bullshits.... really ....
There is a very important difference between marketing and customer relationship management though.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:17 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 am lol to everyone believing marketing bullshits.... really ....
There is a very important difference between marketing and customer relationship management though.
Yeah exactly. The whole reason people believed them was because if they ever broke their word they'd be burning some pretty major bridges with all of their most loyal customers, and no company is dumb enough to do that, right?

And now here we are, just a few months later.

I can't even remember why I don't like Arturia, it was so many years ago that I started to view them poorly.
Pretty sure it was due to customer relations somehow, I like their plugins, but I wont buy anything of their's still...
Saves me some coin, for sure. :)

Seriously though, anyone know what the Hell happened to my Output Bundle Price going up by ~$150?

dandezebra wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:17 am Seriously though, anyone know what the Hell happened to my Output Bundle Price going up by ~$150?
Same here. I needed to hold out till tomorrow when I got paid. Oh well.

Marketing bullshit is hard-to-disprove or subjective stuff like "most advanced EQ on the market" or "analog modeled using our revolutionary XYZ system." This was just a blatant falsehood. I wouldn't be surprised if this type of false advertising is grounds for legal action somewhere.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Wow. Output.com. Cheezy stuff!!!!!!!!!! Come on guys. That's not how you do it.

They better correct that and fast or I'll be forever miffed and never buy again. I thought I had until the end of the month according to their statements on the price. Not cool.

I was going to buy at $401. Not now. And not ever if they don't fix it. Bait and switch is not only illegal, it creates ill will from the customer.

Output and Arturia seem to have...missed? Ha!

Rational wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 am Wow. Output.com. Cheezy stuff!!!!!!!!!! Come on guys. That's not how you do it.

They better correct that and fast or I'll be forever miffed and never buy again. I thought I had until the end of the month according to their statements on the price. Not cool.

I was going to buy at $401. Not now. And not ever if they don't fix it. Bait and switch is not only illegal, it creates ill will from the customer.
Output has failed miserably. They've lost me for any future purchases.

Might be the same here. I was already on the fence with the $400 price. I have a principle where I refuse to buy from companies that do me wrong. Permanently. When companies let it show they really don't care about me, I do in like kind.

Hopefully they will just say it's a 'glitch' and fix the pricing. We'll see.. It's on them now how I'll react.

So now I'm curious if this one thing was enough to lose you or was it something else as well?

On the Arturia thing. I always thought their original wording was a bit sketchy and thought they might be playing it very close to the line and try to have an out based on the fact their their first language is French. So I'm not surprised to see this price. In fact I kinda thought this would happen and since I was never ever going to pay another $199 to them for an upgrade again, I wasn't going to buy it anyway for that. So I waited. Seems my intuition proved out.

Actually, for me I find it hard to complain when they offer a better price to the market. But I totally agree that their statements intentionally misled people. They should have never been so pushy with it last year in an attempt to get more sales that way as now they've generated ill will towards themselves.

I think the $99 price point is where they need to stick for all future years for major version upgrades. That's about the price level I prefer to pay. I do it with Cubase for a major version upgrade and half that for a .5 version upgrade. To me that's reasonable to keep them solvent and me interested and not feeling fleeced with front loaded pricing that may come down later.

While it's all related to this event, it's actually a few things adding up that got me to this point. I gave them a few chances to make it right.

I reached out to their support and they told me it was a momentary upgrade glitch for the cart. When I told them that I had this price for 7 days and that it was both in my personalised offer with the link from their email as well as my cart which was not a momentary issue. I also informed them that I hadn't received any notices from them regarding the error, but received an automated email to complete my purchase in my cart which still showed the lower price a few days later. Afterwards, they said the best they could do is offer me $50 off which doesn't bring it close to the original offer I had for 7 days.

If I were to look at the email offer I received November 8 which said everything including the bundle were 25% off. Prior to the sale, my upgrade price was $389 and my current personalised price is $332. That's not 25% off but more like 15% off which is also deceitful.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”