Zebra HZ v2.8 update. Any ETA yet?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm U-he team, are chorus algorhytms the same in Hive, Diva, Zebra?
Diva + Hive share a few effects, including the Chorus. Zebra has its own.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:46 am
tosza wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:38 pm In Zebra the parameter order in the LFO's is: FreqMod Src/Dpt -> Rate -> DepthMod Src/Dpt -> Amp
but in ZebraHZ it's: Amp -> DepthMod Src/Dpt -> Rate -> FreqMod Src/Dpt

There are similar small inconsistencies between Zebra & ZebraHZ in the following modules: FMO, Comb, Shape, Mix, XMF (and maybe in other ones I haven't found yet)

Are these bugs or will they stay as they are now?
What you call a bug, others might call an improvement. :)
It's up to the skin designer to put the parameters of the module interface in the order he thinks is the most useful one.
And this is most likely why our incredible GUI wizard decided to arrange some parameters differently in the ZebraHZ skin.
So Sebastian decides? Hmm are you sure TD? Surely Hans has a say. I mean this synth build is for him isn't it? It does have his name on it. 8) And what about that Urs guy, where is he in this?
I'm not sure if I prefer one order over the other, just find this kind of amusing. :hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:31 am So Sebastian decides? Hmm are you sure TD? Surely Hans has a say.
Two little words from my post to take into consideration: "most likely". :wink:
Of course Hans and Urs also have a strong say in this, and as I heard yesterday, it might actually have been a request by Hans to reorder the elements in this specific way (but this is just what I heard, so it might be true, it might be a rumour, it might be a myth). But it's still Basti who is putting the most thought, and enormous amounts of sweat, blood, and tears into the user interface of the plugins. :)
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 amBut it's still Basti who is putting the most thought, and enormous amounts of sweat, blood, and tears into the user interface of the plugins. :)
Wow so cool Basti uses his own blood to craft UI's. I love that! :tu: But wait, it is his own blood right? :scared: Yikes!

spunkmuffin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:57 pm
tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 amBut it's still Basti who is putting the most thought, and enormous amounts of sweat, blood, and tears into the user interface of the plugins. :)
Wow so cool Basti uses his own blood to craft UI's. I love that! :tu: But wait, it is his own blood right? :scared: Yikes!
Now you know why you have been feeling tired lately :wink:

spunkmuffin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:57 pm Wow so cool Basti uses his own blood to craft UI's. I love that! :tu: But wait, it is his own blood right? :scared: Yikes!
Well, once or twice a year, he comes into the office, completely blood-soaked, with a big, black bag over his shoulder, and he screams "Where is the freezer?". I don't dare to ask what's in that bag, because he has this certain look in his eyes when that happens. So not sure if it's always his own blood. I once told him "Hey, you can use beet juice, it looks just like blood", but he only muttered something like "meh, not the real deal" or so.
And that's the end of our little horror story. :clown:

Great to finally get this with the updated skin :tu:

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:53 amWell, once or twice a year, he comes into the office, completely blood-soaked, with a big, black bag over his shoulder, and he screams "Where is the freezer?". I don't dare to ask what's in that bag, because he has this certain look in his eyes when that happens. So not sure if it's always his own blood. I once told him "Hey, you can use beet juice, it looks just like blood", but he only muttered something like "meh, not the real deal" or so.
And that's the end of our little horror story. :clown:
Ooh that's scary. Seems Basti has a Jekyll-Hyde personality thing happening there. I would be very concerned working side-by-side. Honestly I'd have a word with the boss if I were you TD.
Just had an idea, maybe buy him a book on work-life balance for Christmas this year. :idea:

spunkmuffin wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 am maybe buy him a book on work-life balance for Christmas this year. :idea:
Wait, what? You mean we can have a life besides work? Mind blown. :wheee:

spunkmuffin wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 am Ooh that's scary. Seems Basti has a Jekyll-Hyde personality thing happening there.
Nah, no cause for concern. He's very calm.
Much calmer than me when I start a conversation with my code. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Is the linux version available somewhere? Thanks!

Can someone recommend some good high quality Z2 sound banks for ambient and trance music? There are loads of them when I google, but wasnt impressed that much with what I heard.

HcDoom wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:46 pm Can someone recommend some good high quality Z2 sound banks for ambient and trance music? There are loads of them when I google, but wasnt impressed that much with what I heard.
2 of the best sound designers for Zebra in my opinion.

http://www.theunfinished.co.uk/

https://sonicunderworld.com/

Thx! I must say this new GUI for Z 2.8 looks great, especially that blue one. Honestly cant wait for Z3 to come.

posted in wrong topic sorry
filmmaker/composer - http://www.brookhinton.com

Return to “u-he”