Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:23 pm
mutantdog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:17 pm Bit off topic but has anyone seen any decent laptop deals for BF?

I'm tempted to pick this one up from Amazon but the 14" screen seems like it might be too small, even at 1080p.
Processor is a bit slow for more modern plugins, and the screen size might be an issue as well. I noticed the fan noise and battery life being the two top complaints in the comment section.
For music, I try to get 16gb RAM. It is hard to say because the price seems high for me in the US. And I usually get better deals at Costco.

Fleer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:40 pm Uncle E rules the deals.
He should rule more than that.
Unc E for POTUS!!!

jbarish wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 pm
Fleer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:40 pm Uncle E rules the deals.
He should rule more than that.
Unc E for POTUS!!!
He can do better than that ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yup if Uncle E says wait till Monday, I wait till Monday...

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:23 pm
mutantdog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:17 pm Bit off topic but has anyone seen any decent laptop deals for BF?

I'm tempted to pick this one up from Amazon but the 14" screen seems like it might be too small, even at 1080p.
Processor is a bit slow for more modern plugins, and the screen size might be an issue as well. I noticed the fan noise and battery life being the two top complaints in the comment section.
I should add that i mainly use my desktop. This would be more for sketching out ideas at work or away from home, I'll probably be mainly using Live's onboard stuff with it. I'm stretching my budget by going over £500 too. My current laptop is close to end of its life now so i should probably focus on replacing that ASAP.

Lenovo is going to have black friday sales directly through their website. They just had a black friday preview sale and I picked up a loaded Thinkpad X1 Extreme (1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, and i7 8850H for like USD1900. I got a special discount through my company but there may be ways for the public to get the same deal. Checkout the subreddit for thinkpads:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/wiki/ ... _to_anyone

On that page under USA there is a deal site called Perks which had the same discount my company offered, but that is only for USA. It looks like the UK equivalent does not work right now but monitor that sub-reddit or post to it.

The nice think about the extreme is that you can also add another SSD, and the RAM/SSDs are upgradable. Installing all the audio software right now so I cannot give a review of how it handle audio stuff yet but I am sure it can handle the garbage I create.

axb312 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:07 pm
pekbro wrote:
axb312 wrote:Upgrade from Studio one Pro 3.5 to 4 is now 100 USD at Audiodeluxe.....Wait for black Friday for a better deal?
Its a good price actually, I'm considering it as well. The least I've paid for an upgrade was from 2 to 3 for $110 at JRR's. Typically I've paid $119 at Audio Deluxe and Presonus, that was not too long after release, I've never waited until Black Friday myself.
Last year, Presonus offered 50% discounts on upgrades. This would bring the upgrade price to 75 USD.

Will they do that this year though, since S1 V4 is new?
I will wait for the $75 price even to wait for next year. But the $75 price may be offered by other vendors. We will likely see if this is so within the next 10 days.

Edit:
Upgrade Studio ONE Pro to V4
£65.00 = $84 (plus currency fees) https://www.inta-audio.com/presonus-stu ... oad-p11495
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will wait for 112db discounts, hope they do something in BF (want to grab micron reverb and delay)

How portable do you need it to be? I find 17" to be cumbersome to take around daily. Now my daily laptop is an 11", It's not the most comfortable with DAW's but not unworkable, either.

jbarish wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 pm He should rule more than that.
Unc E for POTUS!!!
"We're going to put up that sale and Mexico is going to pay for it."

Uncle E wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:43 am
jbarish wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 pm He should rule more than that.
Unc E for POTUS!!!
"We're going to put up that sale and Mexico is going to pay for it."
:lol:

and we'll grab those sales by the ... :-o

Uncle E wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:38 amHow portable do you need it to be? I find 17" to be cumbersome to take around daily. Now my daily laptop is an 11", It's not the most comfortable with DAW's but not unworkable, either.
Honestly if Ableton would do something to allow fontsize increase without zooming everything else in I'd prob be fine with 14".

Suppose i did buy those glasses for a reason though.

mutantdog wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:14 am
Uncle E wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:38 amHow portable do you need it to be? I find 17" to be cumbersome to take around daily. Now my daily laptop is an 11", It's not the most comfortable with DAW's but not unworkable, either.
Honestly if Ableton would do something to allow fontsize increase without zooming everything else in I'd prob be fine with 14".

Suppose i did buy those glasses for a reason though.
Almost exactly why I sold my 13".

I picked up a Dell XPS 15 - because the display is bezel-less, it's almost as small as many 13s (and the XPS 13 was almost the size of an iPad pro). However - not cheap at full price. But it's my work computer and I got it cheap as hell - check this out:
BestBuy had it as an open box item, and it was 30% open box the Saturday after Thanksgiving or something. But when I got it home, there was a problem with the audio. So they exchanged it - for a new one! Saved almost $800. But I'm pretty loyal to BestBuy now, so kudos.

At any rate, they are pretty solid for production.

Fleer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:51 pm
Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:34 pm For just $89, get the Essentials Bundle by SAMPLETEKK containing 3 unique instruments (you save $308).

First is the Black Grand MKII, a deep sampling of the magnificent Steinway D, recorded in a concert hall for the true concert grand experience. Second is the Renaissance Flutes, a complete set of recorders: Bass, Alto, Tenor, Soprano and Sopranino, beautifully played by one of Sweden’s top flutists. And finally, Tubed Keys sampled from the Rhodes MkI 73. All instruments in this library require the full retail version of Kontakt. Normally valued at $397, this bundle is now offered at a whopping 77% off!

This amazing deal ends soon, don't miss out!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals
Some of Sampletekk’s very best.
This Steinway sounds really good.

dandezebra wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:43 am Output and Arturia seem to have...missed? Ha!
When I saw the price to complete the Output bundle for just owning Movement, I knew it was a lot lower than advertised. I pulled the trigger the same day, because I had a hard time believing they would not fix the price. I'm glad I did.

As for Arturia, I think there was the same kind of drama about the upgrade sales for version 5. I had no doubt at all that there would be a 99$ upgrade sale at some point for version 6.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”