Cakewalk Music Software

Default REG_SZ (value not set)
Installation Path REG_SZ C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\z3ta+
Serial Number REG_SZ your number
Version REG_SZ your version
VST Folder REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)VstPlugins

The installer prompted for the serial number
before starting the install itself.
Actually these entries are irrelevant with 1.5.3 since that version has had all copy protection related stuff made inactive. (Same as Rapture 1.22, btw.) The serial is only needed by the installer in order to get the installation going, but after that it serves no purpose since the plugins themselves (i.e. z3ta+ 1.5.3 and Rapture 1.22) dont make any serial checks anymore, nor do they pop up a registration screen anymore if no serial exists in the registry. The rest of these entries is only for the benefit of installers, (so they know locations and version in case of an update), i.e. they are not needed by the plugin DLLs anyway.

What you really need with z3ta+ 1.5.3 to make it operational is the CLSID in HKLM\Software\Classes. If that CLSID is missing then z3ta+ will simply not start, i.e. there will be no error-message or anything, it just wont run then. (Which might well be the problem that vitalker is having.) To fix this, one can either re-install z3ta+ via the installer so the CLSID will be re-created from scratch. Alternatively it can also be imported into the registry manually via regfile. (If you made one.)

Since i did make such a regfile i have attached it below. Just unzip, double click and the CLSID will be imported into the registry. If that doesnt help either we will need more info on what is happening, i.e. are there any error-messages, etcetera.
z3ta+ CLSID.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ENV1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:27 am (Which might well be the problem that vitalker is having.) To fix this, one can either re-install z3ta+ via the installer so the CLSID will be re-created from scratch. Alternatively it can also be imported into the registry manually via regfile. (If you made one.)

Since i did make such a regfile i have attached it below. Just unzip, double click and the CLSID will be imported into the registry. If that doesnt help either we will need more info on what is happening, i.e. are there any error-messages, etcetera.
Thank you, but this doesn't help.

Thanks ENV1 for sharing the knowledge and file.
Will likely come in handy over the years.
Cheers

few options are left...no doubt you are painfully aware

test the installer on another computer/OS

Computer Music Magazine had V1.5 on issue 171 dvd,
aquire and install that...

Use a win 10 restore point from when z3ta1.53 was working

add a win 7 partition or drive to your system,
license it, install z3ta+1.5

reset win 10 from it's install media

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ry-options

Good luck

glokraw wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:31 am few options are left...no doubt you are painfully aware

test the installer on another computer/OS

Computer Music Magazine had V1.5 on issue 171 dvd,
aquire and install that...

Use a win 10 restore point from when z3ta1.53 was working

add a win 7 partition or drive to your system,
license it, install z3ta+1.5

reset win 10 from it's install media
I tried another installer already. No luck.

I don't remember, when it worked the last time. Secondly, I'm not sure whether restore points have been ever created on my system.

The last option is not a gamble worth taking.
Thanks for your help, but these are too drastic.

[Update]Solved:
If you want to know, how I started my investigation:
1. Firstly I've downloaded Dependency walker.
2. Then I copied one of the dll library names, which was broken.
3. This followed me on Microsoft support site, where I found 2 solutions: sfc scan via command line and new user.
4. The first solution didn't give me any effective results.
5. The second one was what I need!
6. The next problem was how to copy all the settings.
7. After that I found Transwiz and now I feel like Sherlock Holmes!

Congrats on the overtime victory! That will be
one of the very best black friday deals :party:

Looked at Transwiz, recovery and imaging tools
just keep getting better every year 8)

Hey, I don't even care if this Registry solution gets z3ta+ working, I'm just grateful you took the time to consider those of us out here in the world that have 0 options to get z3ta working again. Thank you for that. Gonna try out your idea now.

vitalker wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 am
ENV1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:27 am (Which might well be the problem that vitalker is having.) To fix this, one can either re-install z3ta+ via the installer so the CLSID will be re-created from scratch. Alternatively it can also be imported into the registry manually via regfile. (If you made one.)

Thank you, but this doesn't help.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264932399736

Issue 171 with z3ta+ appears to be available at the above site.

You can put a want-to-buy add in the kvr marketplace...
might have to make 5 posts first etc/
Cheers

Nevermind

Return to “Instruments”