Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

drzhnn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:14 am Orange labels are supposed to just visually indicate that there's some change of value happening over time. For example, generally the Envelope module is a oneshot modulation type.
I don't think I quite understood this before. Makes sense.
drzhnn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:14 am The Steps/Lines switch is where it is because I couldn't find a better place for it I think in next update I'll make it a proper button and move it to a dedicated row.
OK, so it looks like I ran into a special case here. Maybe this is the only parameter like this? I like the idea of having a proper button for it. I seriously went looking for it for awhile and just found it by accident.
drzhnn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:14 am Most dropdown menus in this version were replaced with rows of button, which expose all available menu options at once. The ones that left as dropdown menus, have white labels and basically they are just duplicates of corresponding knobs and act as dynamic labels. Unless I missed something... Probably I should change the color of such menus to default gray to avoid confusion and reduce visual clutter.
Yeah, I'm a little confused about these colors. I thought the lighter colors were for the quantized helper knob labels. I can't really say I spend a lot of time checking out the gray, light gray and white label colors, especially once I know my way around the interface, but as long as there aren't too many colors, they can be helpful while learning or as a reminder of a special function if I haven't used the interface in awhile.
drzhnn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:14 am I couldn't figure out how to let them have their own preset browsers . If I add preset buttons there, they keep calling that preset browser from the SYNTH tab and it pops up in the middle of the screen... Would it be better if I change the look of the OSC/MSEG/Microtuning preset browser in the SYNTH tab to an overlapping horizontally oriented popup window (like in default Zebra theme), but then make it work also to OSCS and MSEGS tabs?
Yeah, I think so. The vertical browser is nice, but if that's the only thing stopping you from adding the browser to the OSC and MSEG tabs then I'd vote for the horizontal browser.

drzhnn wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:17 amGood news, I fixed the ModMatrix and Sends sliders, so now when clicked, they highlight the corresponding modules in right-side racks.

Download: ZebraHZ Redux 2018-1113-0338.zip

* Fixed ModMatrix and Sends modulation sliders
* Improved MSEGS editor
* Added CPU meter
* Added Zebra revision number to the Preferences pane
Hi drzhnn... I am still very much loving (and using) Redux HD. You have done such a stellar job on it.

I do however seem to have encountered a problem that I can not seem to fix in Zebra 2.8 with the preset browser behaviour for the Oscillators and MSEG etc. I hope the image in the attachment clears it up.
Filebrowser.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LFO8 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:23 pm I do however seem to have encountered a problem that I can not seem to fix in Zebra 2.8 with the preset browser behaviour for the Oscillators and MSEG etc. I hope the image in the attachment clears it up.
Hi! It looks like you're using a rather old version of Redux. I'm not even sure if it supports all of the 2.8 features, like new Fold and NuRev modules, for example. You can get the latest Redux for Zebra2 here: zebra-redux-2018-0528-0136-default.zip. The bug you described was fixed there. However, this version also has some noticeable GUI changes :oops:.

drzhnn wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:05 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:23 pm I do however seem to have encountered a problem that I can not seem to fix in Zebra 2.8 with the preset browser behaviour for the Oscillators and MSEG etc. I hope the image in the attachment clears it up.
Hi! It looks like you're using a rather old version of Redux. I'm not even sure if it supports all of the 2.8 features, like new Fold and NuRev modules, for example. You can get the latest Redux for Zebra2 here: zebra-redux-2018-0528-0136-default.zip. The bug you described was fixed there. However, this version also has some noticeable GUI changes :oops:.
Wow, nice work! Thank you :tu:

I love this new Redux skin drzhnn. But how come some control backgrounds are a bit washed/greyed out like this? (the controls on the right hand side)
Control Backgrounds.png
It makes the a bit less clear. Where do I go to change that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

At some point I replaced PNG backgrounds with procedural gradients. If you're comfortable with editing the script file (Redux/Scripts/Zebra2.txt), you can disable this color transition by commenting out corresponding lines. Each gradient color is defined by two lines of code:

Code: Select all

COLOUR name=... <-- this is the base color
COL_ELEMENT name=... <-- this is the second color
By disabling the "COL_ELEMENT" line (by putting # or // at the beginning of the line) you're turning off the color transition.

For example, to remove the gradient from Reverb module, you'll need to comment out the line number 253 in the script file. Like so:

before

COL_ELEMENT name='rev_bg_grad_bottom' parent='rev_bg_grad' rgba='000C6A30' location='1.000000'
after

# COL_ELEMENT name='rev_bg_grad_bottom' parent='rev_bg_grad' rgba='000C6A30' location='1.000000'
Since each module has its own background color, you'll need to find and disable gradient for each module individually (lines 207-258 of the script). And in order to see the effect, you'll have to reopen Zebra's GUI (just reloading the theme from the context menu or Preferences page won't work).

Thank you for that explanation. I have already played around with that, but the circles of the controls on the right side of the reverb module still are at a lighter contrast than the left ones.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:34 pm Thank you for that explanation. I have already played around with that, but the circles of the controls on the right side of the reverb module still are at a lighter contrast than the left ones.

COLOUR name='knob_secondary_bg' rgba='49474Cff'
COLOUR name='knob_secondary_mod_bg' rgba='49474Cff'
and

COLOUR name='guidelines_light' rgba='49474Cff'
:wink:

Thanks again drzhnn! Having a lot of fun further customising your great work. I love what you have done for the new ZebraHZ skin btw. With the OSC and MSEG editors covering all OSC or all MSEG's on the one page.

Thanks :) All those different Redux versions though... Messy. And rather hard to maintain. Personally, I only use ZHZ with that new skin, and since nobody here is really asking for the Z2 update, I'm assuming that people are happy with how things are or simply don't care about Redux at all :hihi:

Redux is the very ultimate Zebra skin if you ask me! The absolute best way to interact with Zebra.

a few more things if I may: the 1 pixel border around the PresetManager the pops up over the mixer, where is the code for that should I wish to delete it (the 1px border that is).

And there is a column line between the top and bottom part in the FileBrowser but no sperator in the PresetManager.

Thanks again.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:58 pm the 1 pixel border around the PresetManager the pops up over the mixer, where is the code for that should I wish to delete it (the 1px border that is).
Line 23189:

before

PROPERTY control='Pane Patches Float' name='colours' id='1' value='w100'
after

PROPERTY control='Pane Patches Float' name='colours' id='1' value='none'
LFO8 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:58 pm And there is a column line between the top and bottom part in the FileBrowser but no sperator in the PresetManager.
Add this new code block after line 23262:

CONTROL type='Pane' name='Module Presets Column Line 1' bounds='0.00 199.00 221.00 1.00' parent='Pane Patches Float' layerMask='7fffffff'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='0' value='w30'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='1' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='2' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='3' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
You might also want to fix background color of the Preset Browser folder list a bit. Line 23216:

before

PROPERTY control='PresetSelector 1517' name='colours' id='0' value='w10'
after

PROPERTY control='PresetSelector 1517' name='colours' id='0' value='b40'

Is it possible to colour different module types individually with the newest version of Redux?

I was able to re-colour all the effects by modifying 'fx_rack_bg' and the diva filters by modifying 'diva_vcf_bg' but all the other modules seem to follow the colour from the parameter 'module_bg'. Tried to edit stuff like 'osc_sub_bg' and 'fmo_sub_bg' but to no effect.

This skin is really good btw!

drzhnn wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:04 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:58 pm the 1 pixel border around the PresetManager the pops up over the mixer, where is the code for that should I wish to delete it (the 1px border that is).
Line 23189:

before

PROPERTY control='Pane Patches Float' name='colours' id='1' value='w100'
after

PROPERTY control='Pane Patches Float' name='colours' id='1' value='none'
LFO8 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:58 pm And there is a column line between the top and bottom part in the FileBrowser but no sperator in the PresetManager.
Add this new code block after line 23262:

CONTROL type='Pane' name='Module Presets Column Line 1' bounds='0.00 199.00 221.00 1.00' parent='Pane Patches Float' layerMask='7fffffff'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='0' value='w30'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='1' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='2' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='colours' id='3' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Module Presets Column Line 1' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
You might also want to fix background color of the Preset Browser folder list a bit. Line 23216:

before

PROPERTY control='PresetSelector 1517' name='colours' id='0' value='w10'
after

PROPERTY control='PresetSelector 1517' name='colours' id='0' value='b40'
Thanks again :tu:

zoikkis wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 am Is it possible to colour different module types individually with the newest version of Redux?
You mean in ZHZ? I'm afraid not. Colored backgrounds didn't look too good with new nontransparent buttons. And honestly, I thought they are not really needed anymore, since modules are already grouped by type and are in separate tabs.

Return to “u-he”