Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

adamtrance wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 pm Lol, dont hold your breath, or make sure to get some scuba gear :D
I think Access Music would see way more sales, the only thing that keeps me on the edge of buying Virus Ti 2 Desktop is the price, because there are better alternatives for the less price, if it was 50% off i would probably buy it to add to my collection. :clown:

hey all I'm saying is for around the same price as viper right now, you can get black-octopus leviathan 1 or 2 sample packs(39$) + ANA 2(71$)(plus even bigger discount if you have ANA1 + any sonic academy points) right now. Extremely tempting for someone looking for a powerful synth and a sample pack to start their music off for black-friday. * clutches wallet* be strong....
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:54 pm hey all I'm saying is for around the same price as viper right now, you can get black-octopus leviathan 1 or 2 sample packs(39$) + ANA 2(71$)(plus even bigger discount if you have ANA1 + any sonic academy points) right now. Extremely tempting for someone looking for a powerful synth and a sample pack to start their music off for black-friday. * clutches wallet* be strong....
Whats stopping you to buy ? :( its a good deal, 110 USD for all those goodies, its a crazy deal! :)

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:54 pm hey all I'm saying is for around the same price as viper right now, you can get black-octopus leviathan 1 or 2 sample packs(39$) + ANA 2(71$)(plus even bigger discount if you have ANA1 + any sonic academy points) right now. Extremely tempting for someone looking for a powerful synth and a sample pack to start their music off for black-friday. * clutches wallet* be strong....
Whats stopping you to buy ? :( its a good deal, 110 USD for all those goodies, its a crazy deal! :)
They're definitely at the top of my radar but I like to wait until all the deals are out to compare them then make my choice. (I'm also waiting for possible deals on ryzen cpu's even though they're still a good value for what they cost atm I mean 160$ for the ryzen 5 2600 6 core...jesus)
~Pyrotek45

Nevermind.

Edit: While I am here, I have 2 requests. There is no copy & paste function in Viper (not that I know of, correct me if I'm wrong) besides the section locking. I never use the section locking because I have a workflow that isn't really compatible with it. I would much more appreciate a copy & paste function for the oscillators 1-2 (and 3 if possible), the filters, the lfos and the matrix section. Sylenth1 has the copy & paste feature I'm referring to. Would be a great feature imo.

Is there also any possibility that importing and/or exporting (to) midi in the arp being able to become reality? Mainly for the arp note function.

hey eyezer
*can a preset be used to copy/paste?

*there is no absolute reason MIDI cannot be imported and exported.
This has already been developed by KGisback for FS
--it would need to be implemented which would be a work

nix808 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:43 am hey eyezer
*can a preset be used to copy/paste?

*there is no absolute reason MIDI cannot be imported and exported.
This has already been developed by KGisback for FS
--it would need to be implemented which would be a work
1. Yes it's possible but that's not what I am looking for. See this image:
https://i.imgur.com/2c1r5yT.jpg
I am looking for a similar function as seen in Sylenth1 to be in Viper. There is section locking which is similar but it's not something I use because it's not useful for my workflow. A copy & paste setting would be better in my opinion. I've not been able to find that feature in Viper.
2. Ok, thanks for letting me know.

hey mate eyezer,
with copying- imo Adam still needs to write a preset,
this way it could be done.
You could section the parameters-
just an idea

imo- both of these workflow mods are possible
Adam would need to hack the preset params for copy/paste,
or write every param into some sort of array
anyway-it's prolly possible but difficult,
and both feature requests would be

Now we settled the Black Friday discussions there's some feature questions which will influence my buying decision: :D

Does Viper have (or will it get):

- Parameter locking (when switching presets)
- Arp Pattern Midi Drag/Drop or at least Arp Midi Out
- General tuning option (432 and stuff..you know... :clown: )
- GUI scaling (already announced, very nice!)

That's all I need/want from a/that synth...

@Eyezer, copy and paste between sections should be possible but I have to rewrite a lot of things for a small convenience like this and it would take a lot of time. Maybe in the future I can add this to my todo list.
The Arp does not work with midi, its a separate system on its own, it can only convert its data to output midi but not import. In order for it to import midi I would have to rewrite the whole things from scratch which would be a huge job.

@2ZrgE, Yes there is section locking in Viper, double click the sections headers and it will lock them so when switching presets they retain their value. There is indeed Arp Midi Out from Viper, so you can control other synths with the Viper arp.

There is no general tuning but you can easily use a mod slot to tune it. Just set "1% Constant" to "Transpose" and you can set the tune to whatever you want.

GUI Scaling is being worked on right now so yes, it will come!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

@adamtrance I see. The midi thing isn't that important, just something I saw in Z3ta+2 and thought it was cool so I felt it was worth asking about it. Most popular soft synths on the market has the copy & paste feature and I would say it's a vital feature to have. Please consider it when the timing is right for you. Many will be thankful for it, I guarantee it :)

How is progress on the resizeable GUI coming? Any estimates? :)

resizable UI is easy mate- Adam will do that one quickly imo
edit-with the raster graphics, they will when getting larger, blur
so catering for this pixel perfect(ie.high QC standards) could be a small job.
It takes about 5 minutes to do this roughly in the FS Adam has though

Benjamin923 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:06 am How is progress on the resizeable GUI coming? Any estimates? :)
The plan is to get it done before Christmas. I have to rewrite a lot of crap for some improvements also.

nix808 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:05 am It takes about 5 minutes to do this roughly in the FS Adam has though
Well its a bit more complicated that that :P
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

heh-- ok!
It's a real nice new feature of FS

hope you get some time to play it Adam

Return to “Instruments”