Roland Cloud Plugins - how to manage presets without Program Change?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw on one of Anomalie videos that he uses Bluetooth keyboard to make changes on his laptop. I have 8" Wintablet with detachable universal BT keyboard, small enough to place somewhere and while I have individual channels for each VSTi, changing scenes/macros could be done by BT keyboard?

I want to make things as simple as possible, as I plan to use HP 2170p, pre-configured, as part of my bands' rig, and there are 3 keyboard players: me, one greenhorn ;) and a friend of mine - VERY skilled but not so tech-loving as me. They could use my notebook/plugins as I have another jobs or for excersises. Keeping things as simple as possible is the key there. I try JS FX, of course, but for me - changing presets as it were physical sound modules and making optionally extra macros through BT keyboard or - as You wrote - on separate channel and making it simple is the way to go.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:28 am 2. Click the "+" button in the FX window again, and then choose "Link to MIDI program change" over the channel you want.
ED, I could kiss you! I have been working in Reaper since v1 and this was the VERY 1st time I had even seen this option! Holy shit! This is life changing for me!! Thank you!! I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadnt randomly picked this post to read on my day off

I have always been trying to figure out program change with VSTs that don't have that option. I didnt know how to do it no matter what I read. Now I just found this button, made some presets, linked, put in Reacontrolmidi to switch, voila! Couple this with making a Reabank of all of your Reaper presets and you have MIDI Bank & PC just like in the hardware I grew up with! Thanks again!

I feel so happy but yet so slow
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Glad I could help you :)

It's garbage for Roland to not have implemented basic midi program changes by now. A shame
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

:roll: 4 years later...
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

First of all, thanks for the workaround! This was really bugging me when using Roland Plugins.
I use Ableton Live 11 on Windows Pro (DELL XPS15 with NVIDIA GTX 960M)...and with the Roland VSTs had to use the arrow keys to select presets and on other pop-up menus. As suggested going into Ableton prefs and turning off the "Enable HiDPI Mode" (under the Look&Feel option) worked. However Ableton now looks low-res but the Roland VSTs are same - crisp and hi-res and mouse works on menus)

So surely this is an Ableton issue then as it has been proved here that the Roland VSTs work fine on other Windows DAWs?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”