Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dohicky
Thingamajig
Whatchamacallit
Thangamabob
Dat Thang

Seriously, how about just “Device” or “Gaget”.

How about TEMPLATE?

To me active presets were always like this. They served as a template for making certain types of sounds/fx. They are nothing else but a subset of parameters available in a given plugin. Whoever is designing such an active preset is actually making a template to create a set of certain type of presets with it of prepares a framework to achieve some specific thing with it more or less. Hence I think TEMPLATE applies here nicely and everybody is rather familiar with the word :)
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

Template is not bad, but it would be a bit misleading imho. But I like the DEVICE!!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Interfaced Presets

If they include a high level abstraction of an activator, a generator, a modifier, and a logic that links them all together into one entity that performances can be made upon them in a deterministic or even stochastic way, they should be called "instruments".
Founder & Lead Designer
SoundFellas
Sound Wizards Extraordinaire

Yes, but I'd like a single name for APs even for effects, where instrument could be misleading. Hence my favourite DEVICE now.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:48 am Yes, but I'd like a single name for APs even for effects, where instrument could be misleading. Hence my favourite DEVICE now.
I agree, if you also have processors then "Device" is much better.
Founder & Lead Designer
SoundFellas

If there has to be one name for AP that covers both sound generating presets (reacting on MIDI input) and sound processing presets (requiring audio input) then device is reasonable. Personally I favour a dual naming scheme where instrument is used for sound generating presets and device sound processing presets. Device feels odd and disconnected when applied to an instrument.

Masi

Makes sense, I'll think about that!
Vojtech

masitito wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:50 pm Personally I favour a dual naming scheme where instrument is used for sound generating presets and device sound processing presets.
I think in your words hides a cool idea, don't know if it's already stated previously.

Generators
Processors

Right?
Founder & Lead Designer
SoundFellas

I think these 2 words could be a bit hard to understand for some. And there may be an ambiguity with "Processors" in MDynamics/MSpectralDynamics.. for example.
Vojtech

I like Dashboard so much! It emphasizes the visualizing as well as simplifying aspect of a preset.

Set
Metaset
Microset
PRE-Set
Pre-Preset
Premade
Instance
RTG (ready-to-go)

Some not so serious ideas:

Thing
APPWRHO (active presets people worked really hard on)
WYSIWYG
MST[ i ] (melda studio technology [instrument])

I also like "device" and "dashboard", by the way! ;)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Tagirijus wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:10 amWYSIWYG
That's it :)

Masi

:D :D ok, device it is :D

But APPWRHO is awesome too :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”