Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would not mind if someone repeats the really great deals just in case some of use overlooked them.

I never thought I would consider getting Pianoteq because I would only consider getting the Pro version which was too expensive. Now at JRR the price is almost low enough that it may motivate me to pull the trigger. Has anyone seen a very low price on Pianoteq 6 Pro?

mgw38 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 pm The Sensel Morph is 100$ off until Nov 26: https://sensel.com
I was thinking about the Morph. :love:
Are you a mind reader?

I am in! :tu:
But then perhaps some retailers may have it for less?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 pm I would not mind if someone repeats the really great deals just in case some of use overlooked them.

I never thought I would consider getting Pianoteq because I would only consider getting the Pro version which was too expensive. Now at JRR the price is almost low enough that it may motivate me to pull the trigger. Has anyone seen a very low price on Pianoteq 6 Pro?
If I remember well, lowest it would go is 30% off. And it’s really worth it. Great to play with all settings, note per note.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:40 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 pm The Sensel Morph is 100$ off until Nov 26: https://sensel.com
I was thinking about the Morph. :love:
Are you a mind reader?

I am in! :tu:
But then perhaps some retailers may have it for less?
I have been waiting for that. :) They do 100$ off once in a while. Last time I decided to give it a pass, this time I am going to pick it up. I am traveling a lot and this promises to be perfect for a road warrior.

I have not seen it cheaper at a retailer yet.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

soundbylaura wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:44 pm Never actually looked at CPU usage but they've never given me trouble in Pro Tools. Yeah there are a lot of gtr fx but I never use those. Clarisonix and Monster Boost are great, and I use Degradiator a lot more than I ever thought I would (sometimes I need to match bad Skype calls to even-worse Skype calls and it's very helpful).

It's kind of like Waves Gold (erm, on sale): you get a wide variety of things, some you'll never use, some you will. If you're looking to treat yo'self this week, it's a good one.
Thanks for the heads up on Monster Boost. It seems to be a limiter with some saturation options??
With the volume compensated and used subtly on the Masterbus gave a nice lift and replaced GW Tonecentric. Hope there's a few others this useful in the bundle!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jbarish on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks soundbylaura (for the advice) and jbarish (for the pic).

Fleer wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:27 am Thanks soundbylaura (for the advice) and jbarish (for the pic).
updated the pic. Output is -4 db

So web search suggests Pianoteq only does 30% off Professional for BF, nothing else... is that right? Too bad... I'd go for Standard and Harp on sale.

Looking through Plugin Boutique deals... this one is hilarious: "Only Photosounder truly allows you to transform any sound as an image and to create any possible sound from an image. [...] Thanks to its powerful and omnipotent synthesis algorithms, it is capable of creating any sound possible. Powerful built-in image editing tools, some yet unknown to general image editing programs, are specifically tailored to enable you to create and edit sounds with ease in ways and with results simply impossible with other programs."

I'm guessing it can't do something simple and useful like automatically converting sheet music to midi?

Was the stutter edit special for $24.50 removed at jrrshop.com?
I was getting ready to purchase and it appears to be gone.

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:23 am Looking through Plugin Boutique deals... this one is hilarious: "Only Photosounder truly allows you to transform any sound as an image and to create any possible sound from an image. [...] Thanks to its powerful and omnipotent synthesis algorithms, it is capable of creating any sound possible. Powerful built-in image editing tools, some yet unknown to general image editing programs, are specifically tailored to enable you to create and edit sounds with ease in ways and with results simply impossible with other programs."

I'm guessing it can't do something simple and useful like automatically converting sheet music to midi?
converting sheet music to midi is not simple - I'm guessing it would take you longer than a few hours writing the code to do that from scratch.

but you miss the point about photosounder - it is not an OCR app, it is a sonification app

woggle wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:23 am Looking through Plugin Boutique deals... this one is hilarious: "Only Photosounder truly allows you to transform any sound as an image and to create any possible sound from an image. [...] Thanks to its powerful and omnipotent synthesis algorithms, it is capable of creating any sound possible. Powerful built-in image editing tools, some yet unknown to general image editing programs, are specifically tailored to enable you to create and edit sounds with ease in ways and with results simply impossible with other programs."

converting sheet music to midi is not simple - I'm guessing it would take you longer than a few hours writing the code to do that from scratch.

but you miss the point about photosounder - it is not an OCR app, it is a sonification app
Omnipotent software that can produce any sound from an image, can you sonify the structure of *this*? So if I run sheet music through it, the result is... I'm guessing not remotely like the music.

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am

Omnipotent software that can produce any sound from an image, can you sonify the structure of *this*? So if I run sheet music through it, the result is... I'm guessing not remotely like the music.
whatever - not my fault you can't distinguish between image data as an optic array at the retina and symbolic data as a cognitive construct derived from the array

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am

:dog:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I'm guessing the Photosounder peeps never heard of Harmor then.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”