What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 am Another reason not to trust KVR as a popular meter.
Try google then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

or Gearslutz: 113 pages vs. 200

Strange. :D

If you look here, it's one of the most used among artists: https://equipboard.com/c/instrument-plugins

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:02 pm Strange. :D

If you look here, it's one of the most used among artists: https://equipboard.com/c/instrument-plugins
Maybe there's a scene preference? I did a forum search on one of the warez sites we monitor and there it's Sylenth: 1000+ vs Omnisphere: 300+

Depends on where you look and what you trust?

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:02 pm https://equipboard.com/c/instrument-plugins
A quick look: Several famous people mentioned for top rated synths are also our customers, but they are not mentioned on our plug-in pages. Doesn't seem very accurate to me. Maybe because we don't pay for opinion by supplying famous people with free software. Maybe that is what this page measures?

No. Rather mentions of the plugins/gear on the artist's Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube pages. Most of the stuff is actually submitted by fans or people interested in stuff like that.

Urs wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:56 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 am Another reason not to trust KVR as a popular meter.
Try google then.
An advanced search makes more sense than a normal search, and it confirms that diagram.
When searching for Sylenth or Sylenth1 in thread titles in the Instruments section, there are 306 hits, for Omnisphere there are 551 hits. For Diva there are 109.

Then again, both Lennard and U-he have their own sub-forums, so it gets messy.

When I search in both Instruments + LD, there are 924 hits for Sylenth1.

For Diva there are 907 hits in Instruments + U-he.

And 120 hits for Spire in Instruments + Reveal Sound.

V0RT3X wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:29 am The aliasing makes it sound good
There is an aliasing bug with certain sampling frequencies in the DAW. It is a recent bug, though, and will be fixed again in the next update. Other than that, I don't think Sylenth1 has an aliasing problem, not more so than Spire etc.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:27 pm in thread titles
Well, to be nitpicking, the OP talked about mentions in all sorts of threads ("whenever synths come up"), so a search for individual posts would be better suited. There, Diva has twice as many hits than Sylenth. Thus, when mentioning a synth "whenever synths come up", Diva is clearly ahead, especially after deducting the threads which are particularly about each synth.

I deliberately limited it to thread titles because it shows specific interest.
Also, when searching for any instances of a search term, I think quotes, quotes of quotes, etc. are also included, which is a kind of snowball effect.
Plus, you are simply much more present on KVR than LD is, so there are more discussions mentioning your synths. On the LD forum there are often no new posts in weeks :)

I think there is not reliable way to assess the situation, frankly.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:53 pm Plus, you are simply much more present on KVR than LD is, so there are more discussions mentioning your synths. On the LD forum there are often no new posts in weeks :)
u-he has more synths and more updates than just LD's Sylenth1 alone.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:53 pmI think there is not reliable way to assess the situation, frankly.
True.

At the same time, the number of KVR posts (in Instruments forum) correlates almost perfectly with our sales figures. Stunningly, if you take the numbers and compare to our records, it's a margin like +/- 5% for all of our commercial products. I mean, what are the odds?!? But then, this might not translate to other companies as well as it does for us.

Urs wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:53 pmI think there is not reliable way to assess the situation, frankly.
True.

At the same time, the number of KVR posts (in Instruments forum) correlates almost perfectly with our sales figures. Stunningly, if you take the numbers and compare to our records, it's a margin like +/- 5% for all of our commercial products. I mean, what are the odds?!? But then, this might not translate to other companies as well as it does for us.
You mean the numbers for your own products? Like twice as many hits for Diva than for Hive, and also twice as many licenses sold? That would make sense, of course.
But I doubt it works when comparing products from different developers, especially when they are rather different. Like U-he vs LD. The latter only has a single product, used mainly in a very popular genre, and the developer is basically absent from the Instruments forum.
Interesting would be the numbers for very similar products and developers, like Sylenth1 and Spire, both the respective company's only product, both used mainly in the same genre, and both developers being all but absent from the Instruments forum, only doing support for their babies in their own forums.

im not a huge fan personally. its a great beginner synth because it is basic and easy to use, but that feature also makes it very limited. im a fan of power synths that can do a lot, but they usually come with a steep learning curve.

its not just the ease of use though, there are also thousands of presets and tutorials out there that really help people get to grips with it.

I never understood that "beginner synth" argument, frankly. Synths are not jobs or drugs, where people progress. Synths are more like cars. Many people buy compact cars and never anything else because they neither need to transport much, nor do they want to go fast. Instead they enjoy the efficiency of getting the job done.

For many musicians something like Sylenth1 or Waves Element is enough as they use synths only as adornment. EDM people (I don't even want to call them musicians, frankly) are just one loud group of synth users.

Return to “Instruments”