One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (rghvdberg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker

mmGhost wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:43 am
jasinski wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:44 am Humbly may I ask.. why not Noisemaker? Free, Updated version of Elektro, and 64 bit (for us Mac heathens).
the first reese i ever made was using elek7ro, but totally a drag there is no 64b AU. i second jasinski's request!
In case the request by Jasinski and mmGhost would be taken in account, maybe thinking to even the playing field, it would be more fair to allow the use of NoiseMaker not only by Mac users, but Windows users too.

As we can see in the description of TAL-NoiseMaker in tal-software.com:

"TAL-NoiseMaker is an improved version of TAL-Elek7ro and has a completely new synth engine and a lot of improvements in sound and usability. The synth also includes a small effect section with a reverb, chorus and a simple bit crusher effect.
A display shows the knob and slider values. This allows more control over the synth. A ringmodulator and a syncable triangle are also part of this synth. TAL-NoiseMaker includes new filter types as the self resonating 6dB low pass and a notch filter. Its improved amplitude ADSR is very suitable for slow pads as for really fast envelopes".

There are some serious UI issues on Mac with Elek7ro, too -- e.g. UI doesn't change when you interact with it.

L-EctroBit wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:47 am
mmGhost wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:43 am
jasinski wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:44 am Humbly may I ask.. why not Noisemaker? Free, Updated version of Elektro, and 64 bit (for us Mac heathens).
the first reese i ever made was using elek7ro, but totally a drag there is no 64b AU. i second jasinski's request!
In case the request by Jasinski and mmGhost would be taken in account, maybe thinking to even the playing field, it would be more fair to allow the use of NoiseMaker not only by Mac users, but Windows users too.

As we can see in the description of TAL-NoiseMaker in tal-software.com:

"TAL-NoiseMaker is an improved version of TAL-Elek7ro and has a completely new synth engine and a lot of improvements in sound and usability. The synth also includes a small effect section with a reverb, chorus and a simple bit crusher effect.
A display shows the knob and slider values. This allows more control over the synth. A ringmodulator and a syncable triangle are also part of this synth. TAL-NoiseMaker includes new filter types as the self resonating 6dB low pass and a notch filter. Its improved amplitude ADSR is very suitable for slow pads as for really fast envelopes".
There was 2 Noisemaker OSC
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/os ... noisemaker
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-88-noisemaker

And only 1 with Elek7ro in the early days
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-3-tal-elek7ro
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

One other note: given the allowance of commercial effects, using Noisemaker (and optionally Elec7ro) could make for one epic OSC.

Looks like a fun synth! Will give the OSC another go :)

Another mac user chiming in: Elec7ro is almost unusable. As Z states above, knobs don't visually change. Please don't make me use my work PC :( -- not that i would ever do that :hihi: . Noisemaker works fine.

I'm on PC, but my 2c would be in favour of changing it to Noisemaker to enable more people to join in - the synths are so close anyway it seems like a good idea to me!

Let's have a sonic pi round instead. That would be exciting new.

There's quite a few "newer" synths that seem attractive to me, more attractive than TAL Elec7ro, but the choice is limited by "64 bits" and "mac" and "logic" compatible. These restrictions automatically exclude... ...which is sad.

One secondary point in the decision to use Bitwig for 2nd DAW was Cubase limitation to 64 Bit VSTs since Version 9.
Anyway - I wouldn't mind having a round with a Mac 128bit Logic only plugin, which I cannot run. It's just my choice not to support this platform. I can sit patient and enjoy the music of others...

Another vote for Noisemaker from the sidelines.
reusenoise wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 am There was 2 Noisemaker OSC
And only 1 with Elek7ro in the early days
Yeah I never got my Elek7ro T-shirt by the way :D ! Bwaaahaa.

(Nothing to do with the current management and how wonderfully bjporter runs this from month to month. The guy who was supposed to run the prize thing back then, practically a decade ago, just faded from KVR after messaging me "I'll have your shirt ordered by the end of this week" hah!)

@guenon, that's actually a pretty funny story. I didn't realize you participated THAT long ago!

BTW... I'll have to redeploy my spy drones again soon.

P.S. -- even back then your sound design was amazing. :tu:

Poor Patrick, he keeps making commercial plugins and OSC is bumping his ancient, free abandonware :hihi:
But I agree, Noisemaker would be a better choice, one could rule out the use of external effects and it runs fine on any system.

I'm thinking of using Noisemaker, we'll see if that gets me disqualified or not by the time it comes to submissions :D
I don't see the issue since it's essentially Elek7ro 3 with a name change (and new features!).

Ranoka wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:27 pm I'm thinking of using Noisemaker, we'll see if that gets me disqualified or not by the time it comes to submissions :D
I don't see the issue since it's essentially Elek7ro 3 with a name change (and new features!).
Well, the issue is that Elek7ro is more limited. It's like using Serum on a TAL-Bassline track, though not that extreme. The bigger issue is just that without using Noisemaker, it'll exclude the Mac users. There have been plenty of Windows-only OSCs in the past, so if that's the decision, then it's fine, but I'll probably start working on a Noisemaker track, too, and just not submit if the decision is to use Elek7ro only.

I dont want to make a stink if Elektro is the thing. I just figured since its so close to Noisemaker it might be nice to use that instead for the sake of those of us who can't use the older one. But if not no problem. I'll tune in next month.

Guenon wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:01 pm Yeah I never got my Elek7ro T-shirt by the way :D ! Bwaaahaa.
omg an ele7ro t-shirt would be so rad! too bad you never got.

i'm w/ z on this one - just a request from those of us on platforms that don't support 7ro, but if the vote is to keep things at 7ro i will just enjoy listening to the other tracks!

Return to “Instruments”