One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (rghvdberg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker

TAL the season to be jolly!
Thanks Richard.

I've got a 6 hr flight tomorrow so now I have something to do.

mmGhost wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:50 pm pps @richard semper, are you the TAL dev? if so... :hail:
No affiliation whatsoever. And i am no programmer!
They do make some good plugins!

Messing around and got some interesting bagpipes with Noisemaker. Gonna be a wild month toggling between the two synths. Huge fan of Tal...Mr. Kunz' Roland emulations are desert island stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... st/s-gcJUY
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:36 am Messing around and got some interesting bagpipes with Noisemaker. Gonna be a wild month toggling between the two synths. Huge fan of Tal...Mr. Kunz' Roland emulations are desert island stuff.

Are all those sounds from Elektro :o

If these are all your own presets may I have sum please?

surreal wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:05 am
TheNeverScene wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:36 am Messing around and got some interesting bagpipes with Noisemaker. Gonna be a wild month toggling between the two synths. Huge fan of Tal...Mr. Kunz' Roland emulations are desert island stuff.

Are all those sounds from Elektro :o

If these are all your own presets may I have sum please?
The drums and bass are Elec7ro, the wider, more verby/fx sounds and the bagpipes are Noisemaker. I'll probably use Electro for the mono/cleaner stuff and Noisemaker for anything stereo/more over the top since you can go full force with it's distortion and fx without causing a fuss over the rules :D

Yes, they are my own presets. Hmmmmm, it depends which presets you want lol Gonna be an intense month with everyone bringing their mojo. More than happy to help out, though.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

The garden of privilege, inspiring song title

Well, with this title I'd go for a chiptune mash-up of "Garden of Light" by Isis and "Sons of Privilege" by Alexisonfire :)

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 pm In view of the limitations, maybe it would be cool to make every other OSC about a commercial synth. Most well-known synths have hundreds or even thousands of users, enough for an OSC. And it would be interesting to see if the results would be more commercial, professional, or whatever...
I think that is a terrible idea.

There are plenty of contests out there where one can use a commercial synth if one desires.
There have be a couple of times here were a commercial synth of choice was allowed and results IMHO were not significantly better than months were a decent free synth was used.
Why not let KVR OSC stay the contest it is, rather than trying to turn it into some other contest?
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

RichardSemper wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm Hey guys, after further consideration:
Tal Noisemaker (any version) can be used or Elek7ro, or both may be mixed freely
(any verison of elek7ro)
Cool, that means that Linux users are in too.

I really appreciate the focus on free synths/effects. OSC is something truly anyone with a computer can enter - that’s a magical thing. And when you hear the amazing sound design of the entries, you can’t tell yourself “well yeah but I don’t have Serum.” You know for sure that it’s possible to learn and master those techniques, and that’s very motivating.

I think we should do one OSC with Serum, just to see how it would turn out. Otherwise it's just hypothetical

(j/k, I realise there has been anysynth OSC in the past and Zebra is probably a better choice!)

Imo the synth always needs to be something that is available to everyone (if possible, considering host/OS). Commercial synths fine if there is a demo month or something like we did with MPowerSynth and others - that's all good. But just a random commercial synth where you can only enter the competition if you happen to own it - that doesn't feel like that's what the OSC is about to me at all. Just my feeling :)

Really getting my paws dirty with this one. Making some more interesting sounds with this, already got more instances in this than any other previous entries
It's very tasty, I swear!

Ranoka wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm I think we should do one OSC with Serum, just to see how it would turn out. Otherwise it's just hypothetical
^in for this

^^^ Not for me then - don't have Serum! Shame - it would break my unbroken month on month participation since OSC #61 !!

An "any synth" round would let me choose a free one, and those that have Serum can use that!

Still think that "inclusivity" in the OSC is what it's all about - it's been great to see new people start to pop up and submit some great music.

My 2d worth!

dB

PS This conversation should be the OSC general thread ...

Return to “Instruments”