Sylenth1 vs Synthmaster One

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1 SynthMaster One

AnX wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:57 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 pm Besides, 50% of KVR is just rehashes of the same threads over and over and over.
I think after 18 years we've run out of things to talk about.

i think that happened 10 years ago :hihi:
Yes you're right, just after "Nothing sounds like a real TB303" got old...... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

v1o wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:19 pm Can you really compare sylenth 1 to Sm one ? Sm one has a lot more features right ?
We're talking about software here not real circuits. There are Synthedit synths with millions of features but also sound like crapola. I'd take Sylenth1 if it sounds better than SM One. There must be a reason why SM One is cheap compared to other synths like Hive, Sylenth1, Dune, Spire etc etc
Yes I know that we are talking about software.
Btw, i think Synth1 sounds a lot better than Sylenth1 tbh. Also it can do a lot more than sylenth1. Thats great for a free synth.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I don't think Synth1 sounds better than Sylenth 1 but it certainly sounds different. I love them both but if I could only have one it would have to be Synth 1 because as you say it can do so much more and sounds awesome doing it....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:32 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:19 pm Can you really compare sylenth 1 to Sm one ? Sm one has a lot more features right ?
We're talking about software here not real circuits. There are Synthedit synths with millions of features but also sound like crapola. I'd take Sylenth1 if it sounds better than SM One. There must be a reason why SM One is cheap compared to other synths like Hive, Sylenth1, Dune, Spire etc etc
Btw, i think Synth1 sounds a lot better than Sylenth1 tbh. Also it can do a lot more than sylenth1. Thats great for a free synth.
I think Synth1 sounds nothing like the synth that inspired it.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:57 pm I think Synth1 sounds nothing like the synth that inspired it.
I think you've probably never owned or played a Nord Lead 2.

But who cares what it sounds like as long as it sounds good ?

I think Synth 1 sounds great. Others will no doubt disagree but I will forgive them for being wrong..... :lol:

layzer wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:53 am fk them both...
charlatan + tal chorus LX all day
Being a lazy and efficient person, I don't like the idea of having to use several instances of a synth plus external effect plugins and save the whole configuration as a DAW-specific rack.

Where does your obvious hate for commercial plugins come from if I may ask? :?

kv331 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:20 am
V-Future wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:45 pm Synthmaster ONE is a really buggy software, I'm very dissapointed. Sometimes one preset can use the 99% of the CPU and that's unnaceptable, I do not recommend buying Synthmaster ONE, neither 2.9 because they need to optimize their code a lot. It can be a very powerful synth but the fact one instance can devour all my resources it's just plain stupid.
Excuse me ? Which preset go up to 99%? What was the polyphony? and the engine quality setting?
In other posts you are praising SynthMaster One, but in this one you're bashing it. Why?

If you're making a claim please back it up with some data.
Since you are here, I found the chorus of SM1 pretty weak when I demoed it like two weeks ago. It just couldn't make it sound lush like the ones in Sylenth1 or U-NO-LX...

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:12 pm
v1o wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:57 pm I think Synth1 sounds nothing like the synth that inspired it.
I think you've probably never owned or played a Nord Lead 2.

But who cares what it sounds like as long as it sounds good ?

I think Synth 1 sounds great. Others will no doubt disagree but I will forgive them for being wrong..... :lol:
I remember the days when Synth1 was seen as a cheap freeware alternative to Disco DSP Discovery. Several threads were made about it.

But in any case my biggest wish is for Ichiro Toda to start a brand new synth from scratch with all the latest debelopements in tech including zero delay filters and vectorised DSP. I’d like to see what he would come up with.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 pm I remember the days when Synth1 was seen as a cheap freeware alternative to Disco DSP Discovery. Several threads were made about it.
Yes I was in those threads. I was the one saying that Synth 1 was much more CPU efficient and four instances could easily replace any of Discovery's sounds since a Discovery patch could be four layers.

I was pretty rough on Discovery at the time but went on to love it as well. Both have their own strengths.
v1o wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 pmBut in any case my biggest wish is for Ichiro Toda to start a brand new synth from scratch with all the latest debelopements in tech including zero delay filters and vectorised DSP. I’d like to see what he would come up with.
Oh I am 100% with you there. I've always wondered what Synth 2 could have been. I have to think that given the popularity of Synth 1 and its brilliant code at the time anything Ichiro created after that would have been a huge success both critically and financially. :tu:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm
Being a lazy and efficient person, I don't like the idea of having to use several instances of a synth plus external effect plugins and save the whole configuration as a DAW-specific rack.

everyone is going to use a daw the way it works best for them.
i happen to prefer synths with no effects and route
several through fx send busses.

i dont hate all commercial plugs.
i like Tal, Linplug, Luxonix, novation and the Korg Legacy stuff
because they are priced right and sound great.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Oh, discovered that I still have the demo, had already forgotten about it 8)

A few issues:

The black keys of the keyboard should turn light when played.

Cho seems a strange abbreviation for chorus.
Why does the chorus curve change when I turn the Delay L knob, but not when turning the Delay R knob? Seems inconsistent.

The env slider travel is a bit short. And there is no visual feedback because the usual scales are missing. At least the min and max lines should be there.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:36 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:57 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 pm Besides, 50% of KVR is just rehashes of the same threads over and over and over.
I think after 18 years we've run out of things to talk about.

i think that happened 10 years ago :hihi:
Yes you're right, just after "Nothing sounds like a real TB303" got old...... :lol:

ah yes, they were the days :lol:

I Just wanna point out there is no better pricing in terms of value on the market then the Synthmasters. After getting the Player version on sale for $4 at PIB, they recently had a crossgrade sale of $30 to Synthmaster or Synthmaster One. That's priced far and away better then Luxonix or Korg Legacy products considering and it also get's updated consistently.

layzer wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm

everyone is going to use a daw the way it works best for them.
i happen to prefer synths with no effects and route
several through fx send busses.

i dont hate all commercial plugs.
i like Tal, Linplug, Luxonix, novation and the Korg Legacy stuff
because they are priced right and sound great.

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:57 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:32 pm
I think Synth1 sounds nothing like the synth that inspired it.
Well each to their own. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

i like to make modifications,it's something i can say i'm really good at,especially Rob LEE stuff are constant inspiration,naturally it's a lot more easy to take an idea and explore it in different direction than to create new one,SM1 is way better than Sylenth1 doing that,especially series filter mode is amazing :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSgGqrO ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Instruments”