Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yey. that's great they made a good decision. :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havok wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am Weirdly enough, I couldn't even find out exactly who started this internally
Hmmm...Linkedin lists 6 employees, Dirk included. I suppose not all of them can modify the website to replace the licensing policy and modify the underlying store application code.

Anyways, thank you for letting us know and :clap: to us for standing up for our rights.

:phones:

Havok wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am
[Quoting Dirk]

Weirdly enough, I couldn't even find out exactly who started this internally and how and when, but we'll fix it. For past and future transfers, of course.

Our support agents recently started to enforce a rule that was in place for a while in theory (according to our system & data analysis), but had not been applied in the past.

I only learned about this from you guys in this group raising concerns about this in this fb group, and while I didn't like the tone of every single reply to the related threads here, I do appreciate you guys pointing out what was a mistake indeed.

Glad we could catch it quickly this way, and we'll start to work on improving / correcting things right away. Thanks for reporting the mistake here!
This makes for a pretty peculiar read but the right result has been reached.

Good result for our intervention, thanks Guys!

Havok wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am Posted in the FB group:

Dirk / PA

PS: please feel free to share this info / message in other groups or forums as I won't do an "online tour" now to every forum and post out there. Thanks for your help!
So he made a huge mistake and doesn't feel the need to apologize to all their customers, just the FB ones. Weird communication for a company sending commercial emails all the time.

Havok wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am Weirdly enough, I couldn't even find out exactly who started this internally
How this probably went down:

"But Dirk, you said we should do this because all the secondhand deals were killing our prices."

"I don't remember that."

Glad they are fixing it. Company made a mistake and they actually changed their policy due to customer response. Cheers!

Actually quite rare. Considering how much anger there has been around here at certain companies for screwing up lately: Musician's Friend / Softube (BF messup), Waves (duh), Arturia (lowest price ever!!!!!!!!!), Output (price screwup on bundle), and Orchestral Tools (no sales ever!).

PA actually did the right thing.

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 pm

"But Dirk, you said we should do this because all the secondhand deals were killing our prices."

"I don't remember that."
:lol:

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 pm

"I don't remember that."

dwl

In all seriousness, I also see a negative in this. For other developers.
It could give a possible very vocal minority inordinate amount of sense of entitlement.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:52 pm In all seriousness, I also see a negative in this. For other developers.
It could give a possible very vocal minority inordinate amount of sense of entitlement.
rsp
an "inordinate amount of sense of entitlement" ?
:o
You must be joking

Not at all.
rsp
sound sculptist

I said it once
and I'll say it again.
Dirk is a good dude.

PA Dirk wrote: Weirdly enough, I couldn't even find out exactly who started this internally and how and when, but we'll fix it.
LMAO, very believable.

They sure as hell are taking their customers for idiots.

:roll:

True, but again... When is the last time a company changed something this quick from customer posts on a few boards and E-mails?

dandezebra wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:11 pm True, but again... When is the last time a company changed something this quick from customer posts on a few boards and E-mails?
Was it canceling the post-charge of the VAT?
Must be very close, anyway...

Return to “Effects”