One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (rghvdberg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker

Was thinking of participating for the first time, downloaded Noisemaker (again after like two years), but it sounds so mediocre and brutish to me now, not very motivating. The note stealing for instance is pretty bumpy, which sucks on a synth with just 6 voices.

Indeed, for some that challenge is the source of fun and creativity.
fluffy_little_something wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 pm Was thinking of participating for the first time, downloaded Noisemaker (again after like two years), but it sounds so mediocre and brutish to me now, not very motivating. The note stealing for instance is pretty bumpy, which sucks on a synth with just 6 voices.

https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/elek7 ... -2/s-RtSWu

It's getting better.

The brass is just 4 noise makers, similar patches, drenched in internal reverb and EQ'ed, also a bit of OTT naturally.

Still a WIP, but hey. I'm somewhat closer to completion at the very least.
It's very tasty, I swear!

doctorbob wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:44 pm ^^^ Not for me then - don't have Serum! Shame - it would break my unbroken month on month participation since OSC #61 !!

An "any synth" round would let me choose a free one, and those that have Serum can use that!

Still think that "inclusivity" in the OSC is what it's all about - it's been great to see new people start to pop up and submit some great music.

My 2d worth!

dB

PS This conversation should be the OSC general thread ...
I'm with DB -- an any synth month would be a fun - a good way to start the year. (Sorry for not moving to general thread!)

zerofox97 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 pm https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/elek7 ... -2/s-RtSWu

It's getting better.

The brass is just 4 noise makers, similar patches, drenched in internal reverb and EQ'ed, also a bit of OTT naturally.

Still a WIP, but hey. I'm somewhat closer to completion at the very least.
Sounding really good Zerofox. I wish I could piece the craziness together like that!
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Rules have been clarified regarding the deadline time.
Instead of KVR time, which had changed, it is now UTC-8 time.

Really playful WIP's - love that. We need a submission this month, zerofox! You always have these sweet grooves going, and then you disappear by the end of the month. :cry: I've played around with these two TAL chestnuts for a few days now, and I have to disagree with the fluffy little something: These synths sound pretty sweet. Or maybe the commercial plugs are making all the difference? Nah.

True to form, I've more or less finished my (very) probable submission - but I won't make the same mistakes I made last month by posting here too soon. It's on the top of my Soundcloud page (/terjefjelde) if you're curious, though - always happy to see you there! :hyper:

Also sorry for sinning threadwise, but here it goes: Regarding rules, I say keep it simple, free and multiplatform. There are enough options to keep this thing going the way it has been for years yet - no need to expand into new territory that will exclude some.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 amsinning threadwise
Great track or album title :D

schiing wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am Really playful WIP's - love that. We need a submission this month, zerofox! You always have these sweet grooves going, and then you disappear by the end of the month.
I'll try my best to get something done, but I can't promise anything due to college taking up a lot of my time. I will say, I'm further along with my entry than I was last month, so we'll see.
It's very tasty, I swear!

for anyone who would like. Here's a complete set of presets I made for Noisemaker
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wm0ibc5xdord ... t.zip?dl=0

Enjoy

jasinski wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:07 am for anyone who would like. Here's a complete set of presets I made for Noisemaker
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wm0ibc5xdord ... t.zip?dl=0

Enjoy
I foresee the Dropbox servers slowing to a crawl until OSC 118 is complete :D

Thanks J! It will be great to see the method to your madness at patch level.

hope you find em useful! :)

jasinski wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:10 am hope you find em useful! :)
I think even an init patch from you would be useful :hihi:

Gonna take a break and fish through them tonight. Hopefully it will help me make sense of the bitcrusher in the process. It seems to go from nothing to completely crushed real quick, to the point I feel like it's broken or something.

I think the Bit Crusher is broken. doesn't seem to work for me. :/

jasinski wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:48 am I think the Bit Crusher is broken. doesn't seem to work for me. :/
Agree... only works when you get the knob almost all the way counterclockwise (and doesn't really sound like a normal bitcrusher then, anyway).

Return to “Instruments”