FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

Sent.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

exmatproton wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:19 am Is it possible to set the MOD SEQUENCERS to follow triggering as well? The main seq is following my daw quite nice, but the mod seq's aren't triggered.
Nobody?

exmatproton wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 am
exmatproton wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:19 am Is it possible to set the MOD SEQUENCERS to follow triggering as well? The main seq is following my daw quite nice, but the mod seq's aren't triggered.
Nobody?
Just looking at the Cypher I have open. The mod sequencers are restarting on note-ons same as the step. Or do you mean something different?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:13 pm
Nobody?
Just looking at the Cypher I have open. The mod sequencers are restarting on note-ons same as the step. Or do you mean something different?
When i start my daw (playback) and try to retrigger the seq's, the mod seq's won't restart, only the main seq does.

Must have been something i've done wrong. Started a new project just now and indeed, they do restart.

Just noticed this new TransMod Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPKD-aEhd4E
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

bob swans wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 pm Just noticed this new TransMod Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPKD-aEhd4E
handy

Nobody?
The Trig button in the Master section of the Sequencer page toggles this on/off for all the sequencers.

Rozzer wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 pm
Nobody?
The Trig button in the Master section of the Sequencer page toggles this on/off for all the sequencers.
Yeah...i think i didn't noticed this was off...in a new project it did work indeed

*Edit; per seq trigger options would be great btw

Just a little update - have been deep in some heavy CPU and RAM-footprint optimisation on Cypher2's (and Strobe2's) audio engines - it's working out very nicely indeed, some quite spectacular savings in some scenarios, but may be a while before it's publicly releasable.

I wondered, for those of you who've tried both, how you felt Cypher2 and Arturia's new Pigments compare from a workflow perspective? It feels like they've certainly taken some influence from the TransMod systems in Cypher2, Strobe2 and Equator (.. which I don't mean as an accusation - TransMod was itself heavily influenced by some design ideas from Clavia/Nord in the early 2000s, and they in turn were probably influenced by others), but they're very different kinds of synth.. just interested in the pros/cons of each system from a usability and productivity perspective.

BTW Angus while you're around (and sorry for not directly responding to your question)... I am getting hangs in Reaper when removing instances of Cypher/Strobe from the project (by Alt+clicking the FX button on the track... trying to remove normally from FX chain window now). Latest versions, latest Reaper, all 64-bit, W10.

Also noticed VERY long plugin scanning times of the plugin.

EDIT: It seems to take way over a minute to remove these plugins from the project! By contrast BFD3 doesn't seem to have any such issues.

Might also be the reason behind the long scanning times of the plugin - it's the closing of the plugin that takes ages.

Angus_FX wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:27 pm I wondered, for those of you who've tried both, how you felt Cypher2 and Arturia's new Pigments compare from a workflow perspective? It feels like they've certainly taken some influence from the TransMod systems in Cypher2, Strobe2 and Equator (.. which I don't mean as an accusation - TransMod was itself heavily influenced by some design ideas from Clavia/Nord in the early 2000s, and they in turn were probably influenced by others), but they're very different kinds of synth.. just interested in the pros/cons of each system from a usability and productivity perspective.
What I like with Pigments is that the modulation can go both ways. You can select the Mod Source and adjust a bunch of parameters. You can also select a target parameter and adjust a bunch of mod sources.

@EvilDragon do you have any customized HOSTS file or blackhole routing? There was a bug which could cause hangs in conjunction with that.

@pdxindy Yes, that's kind of neat. Would be nice I guess to be able to lock a parameter in focus in Cypher2 & have the mod source selectors at the top turn in to depth faders or something of the sort.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:12 pm
Angus_FX wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:27 pm I wondered, for those of you who've tried both, how you felt Cypher2 and Arturia's new Pigments compare from a workflow perspective? It feels like they've certainly taken some influence from the TransMod systems in Cypher2, Strobe2 and Equator (.. which I don't mean as an accusation - TransMod was itself heavily influenced by some design ideas from Clavia/Nord in the early 2000s, and they in turn were probably influenced by others), but they're very different kinds of synth.. just interested in the pros/cons of each system from a usability and productivity perspective.
What I like with Pigments is that the modulation can go both ways. You can select the Mod Source and adjust a bunch of parameters. You can also select a target parameter and adjust a bunch of mod sources.
I find the Arturia system much easier to get my head around, easier to see what connects to what and how it affects the sound.

+10

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:49 pm
I find the Arturia system much easier to get my head around, easier to see what connects to what and how it affects the sound.
This was my experience too.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”