DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Lovely update. Would be ecstatic if it had a right click menu to assign to modulation source, or a drag and drop modulation as already mentioned.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 am I'm pleased about this being 'NKS Ready' but tbh the Dune 2 mapping was not detailed or well organised enough for me so I reverted to my own improved template, I'll see if things have improved in the new version.
but it can't possibly be detailed enough, though. too many missing parameters, either for a good Kore template, or for a decent-enough KK one.

-all the tabs
-osc waveform select
-filter select
-voices solo
-the active edit selector
-filter fx selector
-filters routing
-synthesis type
-all menus in the fx

all shine by their absence from the automation register

to be fair, most buttons are there, at least there's that, and so it would make for a pretty kore template regardless, but an annoyingly incomplete one in any case, too much so to bother.

it's just too bad. if Dune3 had 100% automation, I'd gladly take the time to make a monster-template with all the FX on the second panel. the biggest synth release of the year could have brought us some new possibilities in control-land, but instead we get...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

a NKS-Ready badge. :party:

Benjamin923 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:01 am I'm curious what the copy protection scheme is here, too. Could anyone fill me in? Serial or C/R?
From the Synapse Website:

"If you install the full version of one of our products, make sure you have your serial number handy".

https://www.synapse-audio.com/installinstr.html

:)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oberheim 8000 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 am
3. For second filter SK Highpass 12db, while I play / hold note, resonance change is not working. Changes are only after new note. But for first filter it is ok.
Confirmed , also happens for the sallen key bandpass
Only for the second filter , holding a note and changing resonance has no effect
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Question:

Wavetables. I notice the editor is very similar to Serum's. When saving wavetables. do they take up roughly the same amount of disk space as Serum wavetables? The reason I'm asking is, my Serum library is pretty large to download because of this and my hosting company frowns on some of these large files, though they don't outright tell me I can't use them.

But personally, I'd prefer smaller uploads for my customers as there can always be problems with large downloads, especially for people who don't have high speed connections.

So what is the disk space per wavetable for Dune 3?

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 am
hhuang9611 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:02 am
Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:47 am should do something with dune 1 like donation ware or open source or something. That synth was too good to just disappear. Or just sell it really cheap, then everyone would be using dune!
Although I want the same, it won't be a good marketing practice IMO. Think about those who bought Dune 1 just a couple weeks ago during the sale, it's gonna hurt their feelings if it simply goes insanely cheap or open source.
I think that's a fallacy. To the people who bought dune 1, they must have bought it because they figured it was worth it to them at the time. I bought surge way back when, and it only made me happy when it went open source. I got it thinking it was worth it at the time so it didn't make me feel sad at all.

honestly, dune 1 was pretty stable so even if he sold it cheap i don't think he would have to deal with very much support(or just sell it cheap without support) -(look at linplug)

plus more dune users means more money for more development of synapse's other projects(if he sold it cheap). It would also mean that dune 3 would be even more popular with more eyes on synapse software.

I really don't see a downside to selling it cheap or releasing it free or something.

Just because dune 3 is out doesn't mean dune one is useless or obsolete. It's still a fine synth, and it would be a shame if it was no longer available.
Fair point. I said that based solely on my personal observation where some people will feel cheated if they bought something on a sale and then it goes cheaper. But I don't deny the fact that Dune 1 should come back. I think the missing of old Dunes is only temporary. Maybe they are rearranging the shop, website or something
Trance, Trance Is Life

Also, I'm assuming my Dune 2 serial number will activate Dune 3 when I purchase it at the upgrade price. Yes, no? How exactly does this work?

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:04 am
db3 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:00 am Pity GUI not upgraded to retina resolution though.
Are you sure ? There is a Huge Mode that is way too big for my screen at 1920x1080. I assume that was for retina or retina like resolution ? :o
Yes, Huge would be for something like a native 4K monitor, but Mac retina doesn't work like that...it displays graphics like a standard resolution screen but with super high pixel density — so you can't see the pixels. The GUI is not taking this into account, so I get same large size upscaled for retina i.e blurred.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:25 am Also, I'm assuming my Dune 2 serial number will activate Dune 3 when I purchase it at the upgrade price. Yes, no? How exactly does this work?
New serial issued on time of purchase via email then register it in your account, then upon 1st time use re enter serial and on/off line activation required (steps on OS X)
Last edited by sureno on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

22 min download time for 133mb lol
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:34 am 22 min download time for 133mb lol
Mine downloaded in about 9 seconds???

if I can say something positive, the GUI on Large size sure looks fantastic at 1080p.
gets an easy spot in my top sexy interfaces I've seen. where's the oscilloscope!

though, I gotta take that back, yet another synth where it's too complicated to have at least a simple clip light by the master knob. really?! :dog: :shrug:

So it is C/R copy protection?

db3 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:31 am but Mac retina doesn't work like that...it displays graphics like a standard resolution screen but with super high pixel density — so you can't see the pixels. The GUI is not taking this into account, so I get same large size upscaled for retina i.e blurred.
Ahh I see. I don't own a Mac so was not aware of the way Retina works.

Odd though since there is a Mac version wouldn't they have developed on Retina displays and taken them into consideration wouldn't it have been blurry for them as well ?

Again don't have a Mac so don't know........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Benjamin923 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:40 am So it is C/R copy protection?
I'm trying to find the official explanation of the CP scheme but am having no luck. I'll let Richard explain.

It it painless in my opinion and I'm very particular about what CP schemes I use. There is no need to send a Challenge code and receive a Response Code.

There is a small activation program in the Dune 3 folder that handles it but again I'll let Richard explain as I don't want to get it wrong.......

Return to “Instruments”