DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 am New gui is verry taxing on the cpu , had the same problem with dune 2 ...
I've heard other people ( on gearslutz ) have/had the same issues
Underspecd laptop here
Running which OS and which host?

I have seen only one loosely similar post at GS (it was related to The Legend though, and he wrote GPU not CPU). For sure it is not a common issue many have, since both Dune 2 and The Legend have been around for years.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

CONGRATULATIONS for this new version of DUNE.

Version 2 did not convince me being already well equipped in Vst.

By cons this version 3, do not leave me absolutely indifferent.

An excellent job.

I will let myself be tempted by this version 3, a very nice success.

Thank you for this beautiful evolution.

I try demo (only 1 - 2 hours) and like the waetable editor. Skin is good too.
Some critique and ideas:
1. I was hope mod matrix will be change in to bigger screen. Or some button to open window (like Wavetable editor) where will be all mods.
2. Wavetables have unlimited tables? If yes this is good. I can create 200+ tables, but is very annoying when they can be input by clic x200. That means I need click 200 times on button +. I used it for importing long samples. Or maybe add new menu when user want import wave for too many tables, without manualy click to + button.
EDIT: I forgot Wavetable can be 256 I not tested it.
3. For second filter SK Highpass 12db, while I play / hold note, resonance change is not working. Changes are only after new note. But for first filter it is ok.
4. I not tested it much but undo / redo inside WT Editor not working allways correctly and I first click on redo and I got crash.
Last edited by Oberheim 8000 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am :?:
Put it on the website..thx.. I am not checking every page on KVR.
- WonderEcho -

I was one of the beta testers and factory presets designers of DUNE 3 and first i have to say many thanks to Richard for including me in the team like he did with DUNE 1 and The Legend. :hug:

I aleady liked DUNE 2.6 but IMO DUNE 3 is really a big step forward. i really love the new features that were added to DUNE 3 like new analog filter modes, dual filters, the powerful wavetable and waveforms editor (incuing a formula editor for both waveforms and full wavetables), WAV wavetable import/export (in Serum format) and the new SWARM "Supersaw" mode.

For example an organ patch i made sounds really nice and this combines using the additive partials editor (with the partials of the drawbars of a hammond organ) and the SWARM Supersaw mode which uses it's own LFO for modulation of the detuning.

IMO the new features are really useful and some of the features in the wavetable editor were also added due to my own request. FWIW i also got a bunch of other wavetable synths including Tone2 Icarus, Xfer Serum, Avenger and Falcon that are all compatible with the WAV wavetables of DUNE 3 (including having up to 256 wavforms in a table). That means i could easily exchange wavetrables beween those synths.

Like Serum DUNE 3 now includes a formula editor that could be used for both single waveforms and full wavetables (when using a second y variable besides x).

I love the new analog filter models, especially the "Polaris" and "Saturn" 24dB LPF modes where the "Polaris" filter mostly seems to keep the low end at higher resonance amounts. esides using my own wavetables/waveforms I have used those two filters in most of my patches that i made with DUNE 3 so far and you could create patches with them that really sound "analog like" (while additonally i also used single cycle waves and a PWM wavetable based on samples of real analog synths).

I got a NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1 controller and the NKS implentation is really nice and useful for me.
Besides using the VST2 plugin in Live 10 and Cubase Pro 9.5 I was also testing the 64-bit AAX plugin in Pro Tools 2018 and for those who use Pro Tools having a dedicated AAX plugin of DUNE 3 is really nice.

I coud say much more about it but that's it for my first post about DUNE 3... :)
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I really love the sound of it.... Bought the upgrade.
Still hope one day you would expand your preset browser. with favourites, the ability to search for patches by names, tags since you already have had to tag it for nks, and author name.

Love the new GUI too.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

ZeePok wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am So Dune 1 is now gone forever? (Out of the shop)
Hint: 1+2=3, and Dune2 is missing as well :hihi:
Trance, Trance Is Life

should do something with dune 1 like donation ware or open source or something. That synth was too good to just disappear. Or just sell it really cheap, then everyone would be using dune!
~Pyrotek45

Really nice updates, particularly the twin filters — Dune2 on steroids. Pity GUI not upgraded to retina resolution though.
$179 outside my impulse buy territory...for now.

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:47 am Or just sell it really cheap, then everyone would be using dune!
Then everybody would be wanting or needing support... :hihi:

Anyway Congratulations to Synapse on the release. A great synth just got better......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm curious what the copy protection scheme is here, too. Could anyone fill me in? Serial or C/R?

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:47 am should do something with dune 1 like donation ware or open source or something. That synth was too good to just disappear. Or just sell it really cheap, then everyone would be using dune!
Although I want the same, it won't be a good marketing practice IMO. Think about those who bought Dune 1 just a couple weeks ago during the sale, it's gonna hurt their feelings if it simply goes insanely cheap or open source.
Trance, Trance Is Life

db3 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:00 am Pity GUI not upgraded to retina resolution though.
Are you sure ? There is a Huge Mode that is way too big for my screen at 1920x1080. I assume that was for retina or retina like resolution ? :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nice! Gonna give this bad boy a demo.

Also gotta love all the griping and bitching etc :roll:
:borg:

hhuang9611 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:02 am
Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:47 am should do something with dune 1 like donation ware or open source or something. That synth was too good to just disappear. Or just sell it really cheap, then everyone would be using dune!
Although I want the same, it won't be a good marketing practice IMO. Think about those who bought Dune 1 just a couple weeks ago during the sale, it's gonna hurt their feelings if it simply goes insanely cheap or open source.
I think that's a fallacy. To the people who bought dune 1, they must have bought it because they figured it was worth it to them at the time. I bought surge way back when, and it only made me happy when it went open source. I got it thinking it was worth it at the time so it didn't make me feel sad at all.

honestly, dune 1 was pretty stable so even if he sold it cheap i don't think he would have to deal with very much support(or just sell it cheap without support) -(look at linplug)

plus more dune users means more money for more development of synapse's other projects(if he sold it cheap). It would also mean that dune 3 would be even more popular with more eyes on synapse software.

I really don't see a downside to selling it cheap or releasing it free or something.

Just because dune 3 is out doesn't mean dune one is useless or obsolete. It's still a fine synth, and it would be a shame if it was no longer available.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Pyrotek45

Return to “Instruments”