DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:07 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:47 pmOnly that u-he does not use a simple serial. There's a lot more going on in their copy protection scheme. Get your facts straight.
Like, what? It's a simple serial. We have very strong checks inside which detect tampering with the software, but in the end it's all down to just a serial number. There's no code that phones home or anything.

The biggest issue would be false positives, like, copy protection accidentally going berserk. This has not happened since we switched to the current scheme in 2008.
So if I may ask how do you or the software know if the license holder isn't sharing that serial number with his friends and their friends etc ? Seems like there would have to be some connection somewhere at some time. But what do I know.... :?

I like your CP method and if I'm not mistaken Sylenth 1 uses it or something similar ? Do you license the method or could Synapse use the same system since it seems to be not only popular but effective as well ?

I don't have a problem with either method.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

loungepanda wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:59 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:55 pm Is there no screenshot of the GUI anywhere? I only see the "image taken" from the front, but it is hard to see much on it...
Just click the image of the 3d render to get the 2d image
Ah ok, thanks. Looks good, better than v2 in my view.

Personally, I prefer sliders for envelopes. I think he should change the two envelopes into sliders, like the mixer section on the left. That would allow for a wonderfully long travel as he could make both filter and amp envelopes into a single envelope: each of the four sliders would have a head consisting of a left (filter) and a right (amp) wing. Above he could even put a little lock switch so that one can change the filter setting and the amp setting would follow, and vice versa, maintaining the distance between the two head wings, until one hits min or max of course. Sometimes it is useful to compare for instance the decay values of both envelopes, in this case it would be very visual and simple.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:18 pm
Urs wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:07 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:47 pmOnly that u-he does not use a simple serial. There's a lot more going on in their copy protection scheme. Get your facts straight.
Like, what? It's a simple serial. We have very strong checks inside which detect tampering with the software, but in the end it's all down to just a serial number. There's no code that phones home or anything.

The biggest issue would be false positives, like, copy protection accidentally going berserk. This has not happened since we switched to the current scheme in 2008.
So if I may ask how do you or the software know if the license holder isn't sharing that serial number with his friends and their friends etc ? Seems like there would have to be some connection somewhere at some time. But what do I know.... :?

I like your CP method and if I'm not mistaken Sylenth 1 uses it or something similar ? Do you license the method or could Synapse use the same system since it seems to be not only popular but effective as well ?

I don't have a problem with either method.... :shrug:
I think the S1 system is a bit different. One can active and deactivate licenses, which happens online I suppose.

U-he is nice and light. there isn't even an uninstall on pc. you just delete mac style. i have yet to find any orphan files floating around, and i've looked. it's weird tho, when you delete one of their softsynths and then reinstall it, it somehow remembers where it was installed last time and reinstalls in the same place. i always found that strange. not complaining. i have no problems with U-he, fxpansion, or the dune protection, they are all pretty unobtrusive. once it's registered you put it aside and it never has to run again.

Dear Synapse's team,

I have upgraded to Dune 3 because the wave table editor is just amazing ! :tu:
By the way, please can you add a «drag and drop» function for midi files into Arp modules. :wink:

Thanks a lot ! :D

Dasheesh wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:23 pm U-he is nice and light. there isn't even an uninstall on pc. you just delete mac style. i have yet to find any orphan files floating around, and i've looked. it's weird tho, when you delete one of their softsynths and then reinstall it, it somehow remembers where it was installed last time and reinstalls in the same place. i always found that strange. not complaining. i have no problems with U-he, fxpansion, or the dune protection, they are all pretty unobtrusive. once it's registered you put it aside and it never has to run again.
Registry.
rsp
sound sculptist

I guess I am the only one who doesn't like the UI pretending it is hardware: a monochrome LCD "screen", wooden end cheeks, wheels, etc. I would prefer if the UI were optimized to be the softsynth it actually is.

Ghislain2b wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 pm Dear Synapse's team,

I have upgraded to Dune 3 because the wave table editor is just amazing ! :tu:
By the way, please can you add a «drag and drop» function for midi files into Arp modules. :wink:

Thanks a lot ! :D

edit lock would be more important imo.

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:07 pm Thank goodness I didn't become a software plugin developer.
rsp
Hear hear. :roll:

Frantz wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm I guess I am the only one who doesn't like the UI pretending it is hardware: a monochrome LCD "screen", wooden end cheeks, wheels, etc. I would prefer if the UI were optimized to be the softsynth it actually is.
The only thing I don't like about the screen is that SA symbol in the background.

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Registry.
rsp

would make sense, i've thought of that, but usually if you remove software and clean the registery it sees a conflict. u-he must be very well done because it catches no U-he conflicts.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to, asking for information about, or blatantly bragging about using, warez, crackz, pirated sample content, re-printing material without permission, etc. will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.
~Pyrotek45

All the new functionality looks impressive. I expect Dune 3 will be sonically great.

The main reason I ended up not buying Dune 2 is workflow, not sound. From what I am reading, it looks like the focus of Dune 3 is the added sonic capability, not workflow. Makes sense for customers who are already happy with Dune 2. Not so much for me.

So since one only gets the single 30 day period to try it, I'm gonna hold off on the demo. Maybe over the next 3-6 months there will be some focus on workflow enhancement and I can demo it then.

Congrats on the release!

Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm If you literally can not buy the software becuase its no longer sold than i see no problem wity pirating it.
Then you are lacking morals....and probably breaking the KVR TOS :wink:
Pyrotek45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pmYou cant even argue that the dev loses sales at that point , if theyre not selling it.
You can't argue that it's not still breaking the EULA and the law. Pirating is pirating no matter the status of the software's development.

If he wants to keep selling it or give it away free then fine but if not that doesn't justify you simply stealing his intellectual property in a fit of misguided entitlement...... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah, there is a lot of redundancy in dune that tends to throw people. One of those situations where the crowd keeps yelling and he tries to give them what they want, but it's not always necessary stuff IMO. The second filter is just hogging CPU and totally unnecessary, I told folks that was going to happen. would be much better to just offer high quality algorithms on the one filter. The multi parts being called "voices". The edit and soloing buttons are totally unnecessary when you could just make it one row of multi edits that change color when activate or soloing. 8 engines is ridiculous IMO, no one in synth history has had need for more then a 4 part multi, especially with todays DAWs and layering instances. You can cut a lot of the bloat IMO, but "people" would scream about it.

Return to “Instruments”