DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 amYes, Bitwig devs are already aware of some problems with the new drawing API. That's why it is still marked as Beta. I hope that with your reports it will be easier to fix these things, but sadly I cannot do anything about it.
Just to be clear, these issues are only present in the beta versions on GitHub, but the release on your website is stable? I am strongly considering buying a Push 2 specifically for use with Bitwig, but I don't want to invest the money if it's not stable just yet.

Hi moss,
is there a chance that you will also develop a script for the new Novation SL MKIII in the future?

Hi guys,
I just discovered this driver, and really want to dust off my Zero SL (MK I). I installed the extension, I configured it correctly (I think: https://cl.ly/207d6a ) and I can see the names of my tracks in the display, that's great ( https://cl.ly/a2d7c0 ) but nothing I do can change the values. Sliders, pots, whatever... Actually for some reason the first sliders seem to change the Mute / Solo status of the first track.
Buttons to change the view (edit, mix, arrange) seem to work fine.

Does anybody have a good tutorial for MK I? Or any idea to help me ?
Thanks in advance!

Mr Moss

On my icon M+ there is a test to make all the buttons light up
by holding down pan knob 3 while turning the unit on

it looks soooo sexy with all the lights on
I want to ask you if its possible to keep all the lights on
but go off when you press or use a button

so in a nut shell the complete reverse of normal use
I want to keep all the lights on and only go off when I use them

or if you haven't got the time could you tell me how to alter the script to be able to do it myself

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

I bet you have to do it yourself! If it is possible at all...
As pointed out earlier the M+ is using the MCU protocol. I doubt that lights are independant of the buttons... You probably have to hack the even more proprietary firmware or ask iCon to do it (which will probably never happen)
Some controllers support two protocols MCU/Mackie and an easier pure Midi protocol. There it might be independant... ( like my launchkontrol xl)

I was thinking it might be easy, if I press a button the light comes on
so why not the light stays on and if I press a button it goes off

just saying
but I'm not a coder or a musician, I just light flashing lEDS lol

cheers kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

The question is where is the code which switches on/off the light. Is it a seperate midi command? Then you can do it with a script. If its in the firmware, you are out of luck...

OK so I cant have the lights on

so I got another early xmas present, the D2 display for the icon m+
very nice, track names above the faders. Now here is the but
when I move a fader , above the track name is displayed the fader volume setting, looks very nice and clear
but as soon as you let go of the fader, the volume display goes back to 0.00
If I have say 4 tracks , what ever fader I touch, all the present volume settings are displayed above the track name
again very nice, but as soon as you stop touching a fader, the volume again shows 0.00 above each track name

so the question..... should the volume display 0.00 when not touching a fader or should it show the current volume

cheers
Kev

Ask iCon, they should know...

Hello!

I have three suggestions for the script for Push 1 and 2, though I only have Push 1.
  • Using the up and down arrows along with left and right to navigate through tracks and devices. The up and down arrow can be used to drill down into and out of devices and folders.
  • Extend the resolution options for the sequencers by multiple taps on the ¼ and 1/32t buttons. For example if ¼ is selected, another press would change the resolution to ½, a second to 1/1, and a third to 2/1.
  • Give and option for the “New” button to behave just as if you had pushed the next available clip in the session view. Meaning after pushing “New”, there is a count-in, the recording starts into the next available clip on the selected track. When you hit new again, recording stops, the clip loop point is set to the nearest bar, and the newly recorded clip keeps playing.
Here is a video about it.
https://youtu.be/vCU4ZdfVGgs

Thank you for your amazing scripts! I believe they really have help me make better music!

Kevin.

Hello Bitwiggers,

I'm trying to get a good sense of how usable and stable Push 2 is on Bitwig 2.4 with Moss' scripts. Can anyone using this hardware + software combination chime in?

EDIT: I contacted Bitwig directly about the problems with the graphics API, and got some excellent news! They should be resolved in the Bitwig 2.5 beta already available for download.

I spent a good hour or so this afternoon playing around with a Push 2 on the Bitwig 2.5 beta. I'm happy to report that, during my testing, the existing DrivenByMoss script worked flawlessly! However, I'm a bit disappointed by the quality of the rotary encoders.

Hey Moss!

What would it take to get the Push 2 displaying the waveforms from audioclips and sampler content?
And wjat about getting hands-on control over the modulators inside the devices?

Is it at all possible as far as the API goes on Bitwig's end?

Thanks.

Hi,

I've made a small change in the java code that I would like to test. To build I need maven, to run maven I need the JDK, but which version of JDK should I use? Is the latest 11 oracle JDK the one? (https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... 66655.html)

Ok tried with the JDK 11 and it works. I've changed the first row button behaviour that it toggles track arm if it is already selected.
The original behaviour is still there (record+track) to arm. I've removed the behaviour that it goes directly into device mode when the track is already selected (that is now replaced with the arm toggle). I don't see any need to go into device mode with the first row buttons if there is a dedicated button on the push for it (device). Seems even more intuitive that it stays on track mode. What shall I do with the change, is it useful for others? Shall I make a pull request?

Return to “Controller Scripting”