DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:51 pm
RobertH2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:46 pm

And like I said Dune 3 has been the only plugin that has not been recognized by Bitwig 2.4.3 right away. Bitwig even sees plugins that are installed when it is opened and updates the list (of plugins) dynamically. Although I don't think it was open when I installed Dune 3.
ok thanks for the info, its being looked at.
Thanks AnX

Not realy, there are so many operating systems and configurations that not everything can be tested. case in point, I had graphical issues in BYOME and couldn’t connect cables, turned out it was to do with the fact that i have Windows level scaling on at 125% as I have a 4K monitor....what beta tester would have caught that? stuff will always slip through on an initial release unless there is a long well participated open beta.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Richard_Synapse wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:54 pm
JunSev wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:15 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:43 pm
djanthonyw wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 pm You’re completely missing the point. It’s about being self sufficient and not having to worry about how you’re going to use the product you paid for if anything happens to the dev one day. Something tells me you’ve never experienced that.
So based on some possible future where the plugin stops working and the dev goes out of business and they didn't leave any method to keep the plugin working you'll pass on that plugin altogether ?

Seems a shame to pass on such a great synth just because of unjustified paranoia. If Synapse were a new company run by unknown developers I could see the fear being justified but with a company that's been around for going on two decades now and that is run by really nice people who don't strike me as the type who would just screw over their users in case things go bad I think it's unjustified paranoia.

For the record I'm as anti-copy protection as anyone but the Synapse method is totally painless. I think you're over reacting. But I won't buy a dongle so to each his own.... :shrug:
Wait a minute... can someone explain me how the copy protection of dune 3 works?
Sure, after installation DUNE 3 asks for the serial number. Then it connects to the internet once (if offline activation is used, then never) and activates the license, that's it. It is a very simple system we started with The Legend, it has worked very well for us so far. In terms of problems that our users have, activation-related problems rank the lowest - much more frequent issues are lost passwords, OS or host specific issues for instance. I'm sure if we used a dongle we would have a lot more work to do, so we are really happy with this system. :)

Richard
Hi Richard thanks for response, so if I prefer to activate offline I just need the serial when I buy the synth and it generate the license? so in that way on case of system crash or accident I can use my my saved license always?

v1o wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:25 pm .... It's just absolutely insane to think that all synths should emulate Spire's envelope behaviour in order to obtain a certain status .....
IMHO, these top tier synths really should.

Not because I said so, but because IMHO, those non-linear (inverse logarithmic?! I think that's what they are, mathematically speaking) ADSR envelopes in Spire are far, far better than anything else.

It would make Zebra and DUNE (and every other synth) even better and it would add options.

JunSev wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:09 pm
djanthonyw wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 pm You’re completely missing the point. It’s about being self sufficient and not having to worry about how you’re going to use the product you paid for if anything happens to the dev one day. Something tells me you’ve never experienced that.
So based on some possible future where the plugin stops working and the dev goes out of business and they didn't leave any method to keep the plugin working you'll pass on that plugin altogether ?

Seems a shame to pass on such a great synth just because of unjustified paranoia. If Synapse were a new company run by unknown developers I could see the fear being justified but with a company that's been around for going on two decades now and that is run by really nice people who don't strike me as the type who would just screw over their users in case things go bad I think it's unjustified paranoia.

For the record I'm as anti-copy protection as anyone but the Synapse method is totally painless. I think you're over reacting. But I won't buy a dongle so to each his own.... :shrug:
Wait a minute... can someone explain me how the copy protection of dune 3 works?
Sure, after installation DUNE 3 asks for the serial number. Then it connects to the internet once (if offline activation is used, then never) and activates the license, that's it. It is a very simple system we started with The Legend, it has worked very well for us so far. In terms of problems that our users have, activation-related problems rank the lowest - much more frequent issues are lost passwords, OS or host specific issues for instance. I'm sure if we used a dongle we would have a lot more work to do, so we are really happy with this system. :)

Richard
Hi Richard thanks for response, so if I prefer to activate offline I just need the serial when I buy the synth and it generate the license? so in that way on case of system crash or accident I can use my my saved license always?
By the way I have Tone2 synths and I like U-he synths because of that, also other synths and effects that works this way and Is really helpful to back up the licenses in external hard drive (never Ilok or similar dongles) in case of system failure, updates and more.
Last edited by JunSev on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can't believe Synapse didn't properly test this in any Daw's before releasing it.... crashing, Daws on both Mac & PC platforms.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 pm I can't believe Synapse didn't properly test this in any Daw's before releasing it.... crashing, Daws on both Mac & PC platforms.
Is that a joke? I am sure they tested the shit out of it, but they can't replicate any computer and software configuration out there...
You will surely get your free fixes in no time...

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 pm I can't believe Synapse didn't properly test this in any Daw's before releasing it.... crashing, Daws on both Mac & PC platforms.
no, they just made it and released it :roll:

OS?
Comp spec?
Host?
Steps to reproduce?

wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:29 pm
Caine123 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 pm I wait for if something happens

A. Sale price for upgrade
B. V3 is patched with more features
C. Wait for v4

Until then you lost a customer. But i guess you got enough to justify this bad v3 version and dont care.
we get it, you're not happy with the update. dont buy it, move on. :tu:
Somebody who complains more than FLS. :lol:

Just kidding Fluffy. Nobody complains more than you. :hihi:
Don't challenge me, I just downloaded the demo, here we go :hihi:

deez filters wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 pm It's funny how some people have all these installation "issues" and some don't.
It's funny how some people don't understand the difference between an installation and the plugin in runtime.
I kinda recognise these bedside manners.... Could this be somebody who was banned?? :wink:

Ghost Dog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm
v1o wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:25 pm .... It's just absolutely insane to think that all synths should emulate Spire's envelope behaviour in order to obtain a certain status .....

Not because I said so, but because IMHO, those non-linear (inverse logarithmic?! I think that's what they are, mathematically speaking) ADSR envelopes in Spire are far, far better than anything else.

It would make Zebra and DUNE (and every other synth) even better and it would add options.
Dude , zebra has exp/log envelopes , just delve a bit deeper ..and look for the slider , besides that ,
almost every decay stage on every synth in existence is exponential .,

O.K. spire has the option to turn the attack stage into an exponential/log curve .. maybe something richard will implement .
If not , set amp to full sustain then use the mseg to in the meantime
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fluffy_little_something wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:35 pm
Cinebient wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:31 pm MMhh...now i get some crashes too when editing wavetables with Logic. Seems the editor is a bit unstable.
Which operating system? :hihi:
What´s so funny here? :x ......... :wink:

JunSev wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:12 pm
JunSev wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Richard
By the way I have Tone2 synths and I like U-he synths because of that, also other synths and effects that works this way and Is really helpful to back up the licenses in external hard drive (never Ilok or similar dongles) in case of system failure, updates and more.
No. It's challenge/response. It's just that via online activation, the challenge/response part happens behind the scenes via phoning home. With offline activation you need to take care of it manually. In other words, it's not just simple serial, it's machine ID based.
You are currently reading my signature.

Ghost Dog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Maybe it´s just your placebo effect. There are several synths i find more snappy.
However, endless circles here about that theme. Maybe time for you to move on then and be happy with Spire.

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 pm
no, they just made it and released it :roll:

OS?
Comp spec?
Host?
Steps to reproduce?
Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
Core I7 920 CPU @ 3.56 GHz,
Zalman CNPS10X Extreme Cooler,
Gigabyte EX58 UD5 Motherboard,
16 Gigs of Kingston DDR3 Ram,
Nvidia GTS Palit 1 Gig Graphics Card,
Antec True Blue 700 Watt PSU
3 7200RPM Hard Drives,
Coolermaster Scout Case,
Focusright Pro 14 Audio Interface.

Software used, Presonus Studio One ( version 4.1.1 )

The steps to reproduce was twiddling all the knobs, attempting to import a wave file, being told that only mono are allowed, carried on drawing, different waveform shapes to make different sounds. Closed the plugin, compared it to Hive, went back to open up Dune 3 again after 15 -20 minutes, instant crash. Studio One pops up notification, that it 'has stopped responding', and crashes back to desktop with no reason or warning of the plugin not working, before or after). Studio One could not see the plugin initially, I had to set the rescan in the options. There was no notification of any plugin's crashing when Studio One restarted, but it was already set to rescan plugins because that's what I had to do previously to get Dune 3 to show up.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Instruments”