DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 am
Caine123 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 am ............

Lol. The marketing bullshit continues. Newly created member and talking nonsense...

You know that that is most likely Kevin Schroeder, whom I may disagree with but most likely knows his stuff re: Dune.

edit: Beaten to it, twice.
rsp

Read exactly what he wrote and then wrote again.... he talked nonsense.

Show me facts instead of just "it is kevin shroeder you have to trust him." Bullshit.

You also believe ads in the tv i guess ;D
You know shoeps etc also tell only truths in the ads from plugin companies :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I make ads for tv :).
I was mostly pointing out he wasn't just a newly created member.
He misspoke, I believe/hope, as I believe AnX post said exactly what the truth is...
rsp
sound sculptist

Dune 2 and Dune 3 can not sound the same. Dune 3 has gotten new filters, effects, EQs...for example. I programmed 250 factory sounds, I know what I'm talking about.
It's Upgrade, Dune 3 is not a new synthesizer. I'm out. :arrow:
In the first where he is explicitly responding to AnX who said :
I didn't really A/B, but, Dune 3 sounds exactly the same to me as Dune 2. Of course, disregarding the obvious differences because of the new filters and stuff.
So I am not sure if he read properly where AnX explicitly spoke about new filters and stuff and just responded without reading properly, or he was actually disputing what Anx was saying.

And in the second quote where I posted examples to ask people to spot the difference, if they could, if any, he seem to suggest its an upgrade not a new synthesizer, which I took to now mean, they should sound the same (playing the same D2 presets).

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

OK so this whole silly argument seems to amount to different interpretations of the word 'can'. Obviously something 'can' sound different if you use the new features while equally being entirely possible that it 'can' also sound the same if you don't. So everyone's 'right' to an extent, stop bickering.

the first line of his post is 100% wrong, and misleading

thats a fact

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:51 am
Dune 2 and Dune 3 can not sound the same. Dune 3 has gotten new filters, effects, EQs...for example. I programmed 250 factory sounds, I know what I'm talking about.
It's Upgrade, Dune 3 is not a new synthesizer. I'm out. :arrow:
In the first where he is explicitly responding to AnX who said :
I didn't really A/B, but, Dune 3 sounds exactly the same to me as Dune 2. Of course, disregarding the obvious differences because of the new filters and stuff.
So I am not sure if he read properly where AnX explicitly spoke about new filters and stuff and just responded without reading properly, or he was actually disputing what Anx was saying.

And in the second quote where I posted examples to ask people to spot the difference, if they could, if any, he seem to suggest its an upgrade not a new synthesizer, which I took to now mean, they should sound the same (playing the same D2 presets).

rsp
I think it is really obvious what he meant by what he said is you read what he wrote carefully:

"Dune 2 and Dune 3 can not sound the same. Dune 3 has gotten new filters, effects, EQs...for example. I programmed 250 factory sounds, I know what I'm talking about."

So logically:

Dune 3 > Dune 2
Dune 2 < Dune 3
thus
Dune 2 does not equal Dune 3
Last edited by tony10000 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

I would agree with what you are saying easily iff Anx didn't already say,
disregarding the obvious differences because of the new filters and stuff.
Maybe he responded without properly reading. Which I am inclined to believed given his response to me, when I was NOT claiming they should or shouldn't sound different. Yet he disputed what I was saying, when I really wasn't making any conclusions.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 am I would agree with what you are saying easily iff Anx didn't already say,
disregarding the obvious differences because of the new filters and stuff.
Maybe he responded without properly reading. Which I am inclined to believed given his response to me, when I was NOT claiming they should or shouldn't sound different. Yet he disputed what I was saying, when I really wasn't making any conclusions.
rsp
However, if you look at both statements, they are essentially saying the same thing. It depends on whether or not they are talking about the new patches or the Dune 2 ones. That is why I attempted to clarify things.

Let's speak how Dune 3 stand against Spire! What do you think?

what do YOU think, after all, that's all that matters, you're the person using them :wink:

I think Dune's sound is more savorless than Spire. But when i try Kevin's patches, it blows my mind. So i am kind of in doubts, should i upgrade to Dune 3 or take Spire.

I have both... I don't know about Spire.. sound days I find it sounds great and other days blah.....Not sure why :)....Whereas Dune 2 sounded great to me almost every day....Although I think mostly because of the preset browser I hardly used it in productions.

I think Kevin patches are fantastic to show off a synth and for a sound designer to dissect and study, but personally I don't find many of his patches suit me for actual productions... ( just too much stuff happening with one key press in many of them)..ymmv.
rsp
sound sculptist

tony10000 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:45 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 am Maybe some of you are too young to remember but not all software is like FLS says. There was a time when you went to the store (yes, you actually got out of your damn house) and bought a piece of software that was on a CD ROM or even (gasp) a floppy disk. And it was yours for as long as you had a computer that would run it.

I don't know how we ever got to a world where you paid for software and had to hope and pray that the company that sold it to you didn't go out of business or you'd lose it.

And what gets me is that people today just accept that.

While I live with it, because I have no choice, I will never accept it.
Well, you could always fire up the IDE and compiler and write your own software. That way, you really own it and can do whatever you want with it.
Even if you had the skills it would take you years to write a daw.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Dune 3 is a great update. It didn't ruin the synth and expanded its abilities. Upgraded.

Stan Navi wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:58 am I think Dune's sound is more savorless than Spire. But when i try Kevin's patches, it blows my mind. So i am kind of in doubts, should i upgrade to Dune 3 or take Spire.
I don't agree, but but 'savorless' is a great word :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”