DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

recursive one wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:04 pm When changing the GUI size, the GUI is screwed up. One has to close it and reopen it.
Same here (WIn7, Studio One 3)
I mentioned this earlier in the thread also, so there's some big GUI issues that need sorting out, but terminally crashing Studio One within the first 30 minutes of opening it up is pretty critical. Thankfully Studio One does have an autosave feature which some other DAWS don't, but still... I get this feeling it was rushed out the door too quickly... competition elsewhere maybe... Christmas around the corner..? In any case, it's twice the price I'd consider buying a soft synth for. UHE's Hive I picked up in 2015 pre-release cost around £60, and that's had a significant upgrade in the past few days and for free.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:28 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:08 am if it's purple you get a hug.
Is this the Purple you wanted ? Do you want the LEDs purple as well ?

D3 121118-1.png
I like the idea of a violet led. More purple in the rings.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm Looks like blue to me 8)
Probably too dark for that already dark skin, try turquoise or light green :wink:
But almost any color looks fine on black...
Do you ever stop complaining ? You must be a joy to live with.... :roll:

You want turquoise or light green ? Do them yourself. :bang:

Ok I'll see what I can do with purple and violet. Not my favorite colors so no telling how it will turn out. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:58 pm
So there is no such thing as the overall "Number One" synth. Number one for what ? EDM, New Age ? Synth Rock ? Etc etc etc ?
Serum has shown to be the thought leader. It introduced a number of features that other synths continue to copy. It may not be *the best* synth, but it is the one breaking new ground & introducing ideas that other synths are playing catch up with.

For pete's sake... Dune 3 STILL doesn't have drag & drop Mod mapping? That's unbelievable on a new release in 2018. It's like synapse has given up.

Sorry to push you Tek, I'm just so over the 1980's techno tron DOS buggy blue. Its killing me. The red is better, but not very interesting to look at. I need new colors to stare at.

iHartBeats wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:39 pm

For pete's sake... Dune 3 STILL doesn't have drag & drop Mod mapping? That's unbelievable on a new release in 2018. It's like synapse has given up.
or maybe Synapse doesnt like d+d, or maybe it wasnt requested by enough ppl to warrant spending valuable time on it

ive seen less than half a dozen ppl mention it

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:34 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:54 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:55 am
pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:42 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 am Maybe some of you are too young to remember but not all software is like FLS says. There was a time when you went to the store (yes, you actually got out of your damn house) and bought a piece of software that was on a CD ROM or even (gasp) a floppy disk. And it was yours for as long as you had a computer that would run it.
The software I download today is also mine for as long as I have a computer that runs it.

Nothing has changed...
So you own absolutely no software that, if the company went out of business and shut its site down, would stop working.

So that means you own nothing by Waves for starters. Nothing by Arturia. Can't think of any others off the top of my head but there are at least a few.
I do not own any software that would stop working as soon as a company went out of business.
Well some of us do.
And that is your choice... and the possibility is there for you to choose to have it how you described it used to be...
Despite of the decision that we might take at the end, there are understandable reasons for the people to fear with those investment, and perhaps a bigger part of the problem is that it has been not addressed as it should, and if no one even says anything with all honesty and seriousness in a future what started as something marginal will become even worse and can expand the wrong methods. We might learn maybe with the pass of the time and then realize, but we always can fall because of the lack of knowledge in all aspects of our lives, then at the end we learn (always this can be a bad process).

iHartBeats wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:39 pm It may not be *the best* synth, but it is the one breaking new ground & introducing ideas that other synths are playing catch up with.
such as?

hey tek, those rings look a lot more purple on my phone then they do on my pc screen. make a judgment call. maybe i'm not seeing a good hue or tent.

iHartBeats wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:39 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:58 pm
So there is no such thing as the overall "Number One" synth. Number one for what ? EDM, New Age ? Synth Rock ? Etc etc etc ?
Serum has shown to be the thought leader. It introduced a number of features that other synths continue to copy. It may not be *the best* synth, but it is the one breaking new ground & introducing ideas that other synths are playing catch up with.

So if you think Serum is "thought leader" and think Synapse has "given up" then why are you here ? Just like the sound of your own bitching ?

Don't like Dune 3 ? Fine, see you later have a nice day......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm hey tek, those rings look a lot more purple on my phone then they do on my pc screen. make a judgment call. maybe i'm not seeing a good hue or tent.
I'm not able to get much more Purple. My fault for not being more proficient with Paint Shop Pro.

I'm still waiting for permission from Synapse to share any skin edits. If they would rather I not then it won't make much sense to keep working on it.....

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm hey tek, those rings look a lot more purple on my phone then they do on my pc screen. make a judgment call. maybe i'm not seeing a good hue or tent.
On my PC monitor they look blue :wink:

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 pm
I'm not able to get much more Purple. My fault for not being more proficient with Paint Shop Pro.

I'm still waiting for permission from Synapse to share any skin edits. If they would rather I not then it won't make much sense to keep working on it.....

not that i use dune, but here on my pc they look pretty purple.
if i did use dune3 id probably use that skin, looks good :)

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 pm

all good! if looks as purple as it does on my iphone it's lovely! very royal and lush. better then red.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:38 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm Looks like blue to me 8)
Probably too dark for that already dark skin, try turquoise or light green :wink:
But almost any color looks fine on black...
Do you ever stop complaining ? You must be a joy to live with.... :roll:

You want turquoise or light green ? Do them yourself. :bang:

Ok I'll see what I can do with purple and violet. Not my favorite colors so no telling how it will turn out. :?
Nah, I would not waste my time on something like that. The red on black looks fine to me :tu:

A white skin would look fine and user-friendly, though, at least in my imagination. Like the Tone2 ones...

Return to “Instruments”